• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamers Nexus - The Problem with Linus Tech Tips: Accuracy, Ethics, & Responsibility

FingerBang

Nobody said anything about being nice to fans. The problem woth him is that he let success get to his head, just like your avg dsp.
He has been saying and doing stupid shit fkr years. It is about fucking time someone checked him on his bs.
Yeah, I have no problem with that. Though I only watch LMG videos for fun (and they do a ton of fun shit), I'm all for being more accurate and less impulsive.

But I don't think the whole show could go ok without Linus being Linus or suddenly changing the tone. It'd be their death

Azzurri

I don't have a dog in this fight and frankly don't care, but for some reason Steve from GN rubs me the wrong way, I don't what it is as I can't put my finger on it, but there is something there that gives me that feeling.

Last edited:
Credit where it's due, that video by Linus was on the money. I was one of those with the pitchforks out as I've hated the incessant plugging of their merch for donkey's years now, but other than that, I always did find the content enjoyable enough. Definitely not to be taken seriously which is a downside, but fun at times all the same.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Because he plays with his hair every 10 seconds like a bitch

Congrats on the single most unintelligent post of the thread.

Celebrate Way To Go GIF by DraftKings

ReBurn

Gold Member
A week of PR coaching and scripting and that is the result.
Nothing learned. Even what should be a simple correction is now a three tiered process that may lead to a correction.
At least he openly admitted that his company's focus has been more about entertainment than accuracy. Most of us knew it, but I respect him for saying it. Hopefully their future work at least doesn't pretend to be about anything other than entertainment value.

Kaleinc

Banned
1*w4DxUy0PMoqeq25UXfyL0g@2x.jpeg

Is that your gay thoughts taking over your perception of Steve?
My comment was a fact, yours was a gay nexus shenanigan
Nice try though

One more interesting fact. Even though original statement was directed at a third party a bunch of you joe shmoes took it very, very personally.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
My comment was a fact, yours was a gay nexus shenanigan
Nice try though

One more interesting fact. Even though original statement was directed at a third party a bunch of you joe shmoes took it very, very personally.

Your posts say a lot more about you than it does about us "shmoes", I'm afraid.

Kdad

All of these are minor issues that did not warrant a 45 minute rant trying to ruin someone's reputation.

LMG's accuracy: Has long been known to be lacking, and for any review, double-checking with a website like NotebookCheck has always been what anyone should do. LMG has long been known to be about form over function, or rather entertaining over informing. LMG has acknowledged before that they need to improve on their accuracy.

The waterblock: Billet Labs fucked up by not making a legal agreement over their supposed lone prototype. Further, the conclusion still stands whether it on a 4090 or 3090: it's a niche mod that is for the very few (who should also be more than double-checking information, or just have the money to burn).

Framework: Repeatedly disclosed, with clear efforts to show that they do not let it prejudice their reviews of other laptops. Linus has been a bit of an arrogant clown regarding the specifics on the Framework devices, but Framework's CEO has made a clear effort to prevent that becoming an issue.

Overwork: From what we can tell, LMG employees are well reimbursed for their work. There has been too much pressure to produce videos, but that has been acknowledged for a while and there are signs that they have been taking steps to address this.

We all know that Linus can be an arrogant little prick at times. But the unfounded vitriol that has come out is, well, if he were in the UK he'd have very good grounds for taking people to court for defamation.

It's not like GN are innocent. Their deskpad anyone? Or should we just not mention that? Or how about Steve's rants that go on about industrial processes that quite frequently are wrong?
I was addressing your statment that GNs video was due to recent LMG statement.

It was not.

Now you want to use this to restate your opinions to guard LMGs corporate honour, have at it. You seem invested over what you state are minor LMG issues.I was simply correcting your initial assertion.

Go forth warrior.

Last edited:
Top Bottom