• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can't link NNID to 3DS.

Tried to link NNID to a new New 3DS XL, and it keeps saying

Error Code: 022-2613

And it says the details I put in are wrong, so I went back to my account on the MyNintendo website and changed a few of them so I knew they were accurate, and it still says the same thing. Help?

TheMoon

is it tied to any other 3DS? you know you can't just log in, right (system transfer required, or a call to customer service to remote transfer the account).

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4285/~/error-code:-022-2631

Error Code: 022-2631

Applies to: New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS
Situation:

The Nintendo Network ID you are attempting to use has been deleted.
What to Do:

A deleted Nintendo Network ID cannot be recovered. You will need to create a new Nintendo Network ID if you wish to continue using features that require a Nintendo Network ID.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo...GN2NIdUhubElXbUVrZUNQa3oxOVlrT3JvbTlRJTIxJTIx
Nintendo Network ID Was Deleted

Applies to: New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS
Situations:

A Nintendo Network account was deleted.
Error Message: "Nintendo Network ID Can't Be Linked as It Has Been Deleted"

Note:

If a Nintendo Network account has been linked to a Nintendo 3DS and a Wii U, deleting the account from one system will also delete it from the other.
What to Do:

Try linking the Nintendo Network ID to a new user account. How to
If the Nintendo Network ID was removed because the system was formatted (not because the Nintendo Network account was deleted), it can be linked again on the same console. Nintendo eShop purchases and balances will be retained for Nintendo Network accounts removed and relinked in this way.

Situation Not Resolved:

If the Nintendo Network ID was deleted, there is no way to restore the account or any associated licenses and funds. You will need to create a new Nintendo Network ID on the console. How to

RedToad64

Nintendo Network IDs are different than Nintendo Accounts. It is confusing.

And yeah, you can't just sign in, you have to do a transfer.

Sounds like your best bet is to talk to Nintendo Customer Service.

TheMoon

Ugh, this is so confusing. Might as well just make a new one, thanks chums.

what's confusing? did you try the link above with the login? if you have stuff tied to that account, it might be worth spending a minute to understand what the actual problem is.

sure you didn't accidentally delete it entirely?

what's confusing? did you try the link above with the login? if you have stuff tied to that account, it might be worth spending a minute to understand what the actual problem is.

sure you didn't accidentally delete it entirely?

Yeah it says I didn't unlink the ID from the previous 3DS. But I 100% definitely did. And I have the same NNID linked on my switch.

Anteo

But you cant unlink a nnid from a 3ds unless you do a system transfer with the 2 3ds present

So no, you didnt unlink it.

Remember this is the 3ds, there is no unlink here, later link to your new console, you either do a 3ds transfer or call support

But you cant unlink a nnid from a 3ds unless you do a system transfer with the 2 3ds present

So no, you didnt unlink it.

Remember this is the 3ds, there is no unlink here, later link to your new console, you either do a 3ds transfer or call support

Fucks sake, stupid Nintendo. Thanks.

Top Bottom