• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom 6 years delayed update on RE5 removes fully functioning local coop, and lies?

Mifec

Japanese companies are going through growing pains on the PC platform it seems.

They just don't understand it. From Bamco's terrible Dark Souls port, fixed by Durante, Koei Tecmo threatening fans about mods, and now this.

Please get it, Japanese companies.

Good thing the Dark Souls 2 port was good.

Megasoum

Banned
My guess? The G4WL backend was what was actually adding support for multiple controllers on the PC version which means that now that this has been taken out the mod would not work anymore without G4WL.

NeOak

My guess? The G4WL backend was what was actually adding support for multiple controllers on the PC version which means that now that this has been taken out the mod would not work anymore without G4WL.

You don't need GFWL to use either the Xinput API or the DirectInput API.

Mechazawa

This has to be spin because they accidentally broke it, right?

Even Capcom can't be stupid enough to maliciously remove local co-op from a 6 year old game. Nothing about that plan makes any sense.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

Nope. Sectus is working on a mod and already has two players being controller with separate controllers.

The biggest issue is that the second players inventory seems to disappear between play sessions because it views the second player as a separate profile and it doesn't store their inventory anywhere when you save.

At the very least, GFWL wasn't responsible for controllers functioning to control 2 players.

This has to be spin because they accidentally broke it, right?

Even Capcom can't be stupid enough to maliciously remove local co-op from a 6 year old game. Nothing about that plan makes any sense.

You should read my earlier post

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=158117044&postcount=44

Megasoum

Banned
Nope. Sectus is working on a mod and already has two players being controller with separate controllers.

The biggest issue is that the second players inventory seems to disappear between play sessions because it views the second player as a separate profile and it doesn't store their inventory anywhere when you save.

At the very least, GFWL wasn't responsible for controllers functioning to control 2 players.

You should read my earlier post

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=158117044&postcount=44

Right...but G4WL was responible for profile handling though.

Mechazawa

Yeah I know that co-op code wasn't "official"

I'm just saying, there's no way(hopefully) Capcom took it out to be dicks and not just because they accidentally broke functionality or I guess like you implied, to make the transition to Steamworks easier.

Anything other than "muahahaha let's take it out to mess with those fuckers/get that fat online co-op cash"

deeptech

It gives me the impression as if Capcom doesn't actually want PC gamers to play split-screen modes in their games. Do they want people to NOT buy their games on purpose? What the hell

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Can't he put in code to make Player 2 save to a Player2.dat or something file? Seems like that'd be the easiest solution if possible to solve.

me0wish

The more I know, the more I get annoyed, the only reason I see why Capcom removed local-coop is to make more people buy the game for coop. No thanks Capcom, the main reason I didn't get RE5 when it first got out is because it lacked coop.

People were saying the graphics/performance took a hit. Anyone do any comparisons?

In the +/- 10 hours I've put into the Steam version (20+ into GFWL) I've noticed maybe 1 or 2 hitches that weren't there before. None of them happened during any action.

Playing on max settings w/ a Radeon 6870.

Nephtes

Code unable to recognize two controllers on a PC?

Please explain Ultra Street Fighter IV... It recognizes two controllers just fine the last I checked...

I hope they don't take this same stance with SFV on PC.

"Want two players? Get a PS4."

eyeless

i'm mostly just depressed by this, it's just a huge bummer, here's my post from the other thread
wow, so they straight just ripped the shit out for no good reason and have made it so modders can't even do their job for them? so i can't play this game splitscreen? they've made it unmoddable?

i don't even know what to say, what a fucking bummer, the fact that i have wanted to play re5 for months with a friend but decided to wait for steamworks, when actually what i should have been doing was beating the game before they could fuck the game up so i couldn't actually play it

i stupidly made myself have a frustrating wait and what i was actually waiting for was a patch that would fuck me over and make me unable to play the game, great reward after a long wait

great decision after great decision, capcom really knows how to endear themselves to the pc userbase

why can't some publishers just make decent pc versions and not fuck us over in weird ways time after time? would it kill you garner some good will, to be viewed positively by pc players? i don't even need you to fucking put splitscreen in, just don't actively wreck an already existing mod that did the job for you, i just want to be able to play the damn game

i'm just really fucking bummed that i can't play this game now
hopefully capcom will re-enable it in whatever way is possible, through their own work or at least allowing modders to do it as easily as they did before the patch. i just want to play re5 splitscreeen with a friend, i was looking forward to it for months. ugh. please capcom don't leave pc players hung out to dry.

me0wish

Capcom be high sometimes ya'll. Just accept that at this rate they won't be around in 15 years or so.

Still waiting for GGxrd, I know its going to be a long 10 years, but I'm patient. "We are VERY happy with Blazblue sales that had blown away all expectations!! Stay tuned for more amazing news!" One week later, a port of a 6 years old BB gets announced, the decisions those Japanese companies make..

Lafazar

Reminds me of the worthless Pixeljunk Eden PC port that also removed local coop. Why have developers such a conceptual problem with local coop on PC? There is no reason for that, technical or otherwise.

Top Bottom