• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom bids farewell to Xbox......

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
Capcom's Xbox lineup:

2004 -

* Street Fighter Anniversary Collection (September)

2005 -

* Capcom Fighting Jam (Q1 2005)

That's all folks! Maybe more love for Xbox 2. :(

Nicco

This doesn't surprise me given Xbox' situation in Japan. What do they call an Xbox in Japan? A sighting.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
She is cute

p.s. I dont have an X-Box so I dont mind.

p.p.s. Capcom rocks.

BeOnEdge

Banned
whats with all the racial tension on this board these days? theres talk in one of the GTASA threads about hanging black people.

I've always felt Capcom would've had better luck putting those games on the Cube. I mean the fighters. It just seems to go with the userbase. And Sammy vs Capcom needs to be on the Cube as well.

BeOnEdge said:
whats with all the racial tension on this board these days? theres talk in one of the GTASA threads about hanging black people.

Yea I dont understand it either i mean between trolling all asian avatars, GTA:SA thread and the political Threads in OT, this forum seems to be going the way of opa-age.

Guys in the outside world we might be black,brown,yellow purple or whatever, but at GA WE ARE ALL WHITE.

*thumbs up*

FightyF

Banned
Well to be honest, I'm not interested in any of Capcom's other games...besides Viewtiful Joe. I may be forgetting their lineup...but nothing they've released in the last year seemed big, bram new and exciting (again, besides VJ).

Well, given the 'great' software support that Capcom has given the system, it should be no surprise that they're leaving it alone, for the most part.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"In Japan: Look, over there, in the sky! It's bird! It's a plane! It's an Xbox! Woooow."

Let's hope that it wins it's fight against gravity, or thousands will be killed in the impact shockwave.

"...but nothing they've released in the last year seemed big, bram new and exciting (again, besides VJ)."

Monster Hunter.

etiolate

Banned
Ouch. This blows, although Capcom hasn't released anything great lately.

Viewtiful Joe is gonna bitch slap yo ass.

And racial tension is perfect for this thread. Isn't the Japanese's knee-jerk rejection of any western console and the Xbox audience's rejection of japanese games the whole reason for this?

DCharlie

"Isn't the Japanese's knee-jerk rejection of any western console and the Xbox audience's rejection of japanese games the whole reason for this?"

No.

Docpan

I wasn't going to say anything in this thread until the above poster mentioned Auto Modellista.

Let me be honest with you- That game is not worth any amount of money. It is just the most awful racer I have ever bought.

Please, don't buy this game. Don't play this game. Forget this game, maybe it'll go away.

DCharlie

"Let me be honest with you- That game is not worth any amount of money. It is just the most awful racer I have ever bought.
Please, don't buy this game. Don't play this game. Forget this game, maybe it'll go away."

even scarier is the Japanese version - i believe it was tarted up for the US release.

There is nothing funnier than the races in the rain where the cars disappear and you are racing against a set of wheels - and at somepoints at sub 5 fps... then into a tunnel *BANG* 60fps ... out of the tunnel... back to juddery mess... :(

I think the game could have really been something awesome with some refinements, but....

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Makes sense, it looks like they are putting more into their PS2 and Gamecube releases. They got VJ for the PS2, VJ2 for the PS2 and Gamecube, Mega Man X Command Mission , Killer 7, Resident Evil 4, and Devil May Cry 3.

I was looking at some of the Capcom release dates and thats just how things seem to be going. I know the dates might change, but here is what it looks like so far.

Killer 7 - Feb 15, http://www.capcom.com/xpml/game.xpml?gameid=750080
Resident Evil 4 - Nov 15, http://www.capcom.com/xpml/game.xpml?gameid=750081
Devil May Cry 3 - Dec 15, http://www.capcom.com/xpml/game.xpml?gameid=750079

I don't know, I tend to believe Capcom before the retail stores. Of course the dates might change, but these seem possible. And with huge titles like this coming out, I don't know if they really feel like they have time for anything on the Xbox. Strangely enough they haven't added these game pages to their official site yet, I was just messing around with the url numbers to see what I could find.

EDIT: Damn thsoe dates, I guess those aren't any more relaible than EB or Gamestop. Because according to the Street Fighter Anniversary page, the game is coming ou today, July 15th. Silly grizzly and his 15 dates. :p

ourumov

This doesn't surprise me...Outside GA xdude folks (which are awesome people) all the xbots I know have no interest on Japanese games. Well, more than a lack of interest we could say they have a visceral hate to everything the japanese industry has to offer them. Of course this just resumes from people to my country but I wonder if that's the situation you see on your zones.

Tellaerin

evilromero said:
I've always felt Capcom would've had better luck putting those games on the Cube. I mean the fighters. It just seems to go with the userbase. And Sammy vs Capcom needs to be on the Cube as well.

Maybe if Nintendo starts packing in controllers that are actually laid out to handle Capcom fighting games--you know, six buttons in a more or less equally-accessible arrangement and a decent-sized digital d-pad--then we might see more of them. :p And as for 'going with the userbase', I'd have to say I disagree--Nintendo isn't exactly big on internally-developed fighters, and most of the Cube userbase are in it primarily for games developed by the Big N themselves. (If Nintendo did have an interest in conventional fighting games, the standard controller would be better suited for them--post-SNES, Nintendo seems to be designing controllers specifically to suit the demands of their first-party games.)

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Gunsmoke said:
so what if he hates asian avatars ?

he can hate what he likes, it's a free world.

Appropriateness. Now was not the time, nor the place. I hate a lot of things, but I don't go places saying it where I know it would cause a stir.

pilonv1

makeitstop.gif

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY GET

Sounds like a plan!

(However it's not asian avatars that I'm thinking of zero tolerance for)

Freeburn.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
CVXFREAK said:
The Xbox has done NOTHING for Capcom - absolutely nothing. Its better they left it alone.

...and WHY do you think that is? I'll give you a clue: it is no fault of XBOX.

Deg

Banned
dark10x said:

It doesnt really matter. Hardly any Japan games sell on xbox or Xbox sells in Japan.

Alcibiades

dark10x said:

Was it Sega's fault that their Japanese-induced games Jet Set Radio Future, Gun Valkyrie, and Panzar Dragoon Orta bombed, even after help from Microsoft for massive TV campaigns (on MTV, Comedy Central, New TNN, etc...)

If I was Capcom, I would look at selling patterns like that before deciding what platforms to put my games on...

Top Bottom