• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom: Deep Down is a PS4-Exclusive Because Sony Approached Us

yurinka

Well, it's a JP only focused game, and there PS4 has a huge share, MS almost doesn't exist. So maybe it wouldn't be profitable to release it on XBO.

Cornbread78

Honor. Not money.

If Sony spends a single dime on Capcom, it's gonna be on Monster Hunter - not a new IP.

Yeah, still surprised Nintendo has held onto that IP, (the major ones at least) as exclusive, Sony has to find a way to get in on that and try and get a port at least..

And Microsoft approached them for Dead Rising 3.

Yup, exactly, but did MS co-developed DR3?

blakep267

Yeah, still surprised Nintendo has held onto that IP, (the major ones at least) as exclusive, Sony has to find a way to get in on that and try and get a port at least..

Yup, exactly, but did MS co-developed DR3?

the thing is, we need to know how extensive "co-developing" is. MS sent people to the canada cap com branch to iron out the frame rate of DR3. Is that considered co-developing?

Aeqvitas

Is there any difference in this situation and Tomb Raider? Confused to see so much support for a bought 3rd party exclusive in this context.

PranooY

Is there any difference in this situation and Tomb Raider? Confused to see so much support for a bought 3rd party exclusive in this context.
Yes, there is. Deep Down is being co-developed by Capcom Online Games studio and SCEJ studio, whereas Tomb Raider isn't. Neither was Dead Rising 3.

Chobel

the thing is, we need to know how extensive "co-developing" is. MS sent people to the canada cap com branch to iron out the frame rate of DR3. Is that considered co-developing?

Nope, otherwise Destiny, Diablo 3 and other games would be considered co-developed by MS.

Marcel

Capcom trying to make Sony share the shade that's been thrown at them over the years. It's one way to handle it I guess.

wapplew

I think a PC version is bound to happen, it's a F2P tittle, they'll be stupid if they don't port it to PC.

I forgot about this game. Is it getting good impressions from the press? Kinda crazy that games like driveclub and deep down. That were at the PS launch show are launching so late. Crazy.

Kayant

Game will be multi platform and probably the only reason was exclusive is the previous Microsoft P2P policy.

Where this come from?

Looking at things there really is no signs it's been co-developed. No mentions of SCEJ in trailers, or the original announcement on capcom.

Staf

Ugh, don't really care about Deep down. Give me more Dragon's dogma! Best surprise of last generation.

As the WiiU has loads of Character Action Games, Sony really love bringing Souls-alikes to their system. That's a good thing imo as it brings some personality to this console gen.

The lack of but hurt over exclusivity is ....weird, Edit, this game is F2P? well that explains it then

'Approaching' and 'just asking' don't quite work like this. Sony will of course have a financial or development investment in the title, otherwise there's no incentive for Capcom to not re-use those assets for a XB1 port, and make money from them.

If DD stays exclusive, it'll be because Sony fronted some cash, one way or another, and had it written into the game's contract.

Not necessarily with Japanese devs making what appears to be a Japan-centric titles.

DOWN

Banned
When it looked like

mPxAVr.gif

PS5 maybe

Dinda

I would be a lot more hyped about this game if i wouldn't fear that this is what we get instead of a new Dragon's Dogma.
Just announce DD2 Capcom!

Toki767

Wouldn't be surprised if Sony also just sent out devkits to Capcom well in advance like what Microsoft were doing with Japanese companies last gen with the 360.

Top Bottom