• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom - Developer of the Ever

<nu>faust

i remember reading somewhere that capcom's market share in japan is not as big as most ppl thinks (not in top 3 or something)...any truth to that?

<nu>faust said:
i remember reading somewhere that capcom's market share in japan is not as big as most ppl thinks (not in top 3 or something)...any truth to that?
Yes there is. But marketshare has nothing to do with it. Sales mean absolutely nothing when it comes to the quality of something, and quality is what Capcom has in spades.

Polari

Reilly said:
If by "best" you mean "worst". It's not even better than the first two and the 3-d world ruined the franchise.

What's wrong with it, exactly? Unquestionably some of the best graphics on the system, great combat system, decent narrative... it's an excellent action adventure title. I don't see anything wrong with that, and seeing that it has a Gamerankings score of 85%, I'm clearly not alone in my opinion.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Reilly said:
If by "best" you mean "worst". It's not even better than the first two and the 3-d world ruined the franchise.

sorry that's completely insane and dumb

the 3-d world? it played -exactly- the same as the first two. it was 3-d but still used fixed camera angels. just stop

and really, if you think that's one of the "worst" games on ps2, you should probably quit gaming

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
This thread rocks and its true. It leaves out all the ****ing badass arcade games capcom have made though.

Aliens vs Predator
Dungeons and Dragons 1 and 2

and then awesome console games like
MAXIMO and Viewtiful joe

not to mention protable games like
The legend of zelda oracle of the ages

and goin waaaaaay back

Commando and 1942

Tony HoTT

Banned
You know I was taking a dump and playing Capcom Classic Arcade Collection REMIX on PSP, and the started thinking of Ghouls and Ghosts and the Megaman shit on PSP also. Made me think that the PSP wouldn't be bad at all if everyone treated it like how Capcom treats it.

renvi

Banned
Tony HoTT said:
You know I was taking a dump and playing Capcom Classic Arcade Collection REMIX on PSP, and the started thinking of Ghouls and Ghosts and the Megaman shit on PSP also. Made me think that the PSP wouldn't be bad at all if everyone treated it like how Capcom treats it.
Yeah, I thought the same.
Can't wait for DMC for PSP to come.

stalker

Capcom has just made me buy a ps2, blame the wonderful Okami videos.

Capcom stole all my money on the summer of 1985, blame Ghosts & Goblins on the arcades.

Add Resident Evil, Viewtiful Joe, the handheld Zeldas, Street Fighter, MegaMan, Power Stone and all their dreamcast ports/games, the whole G&G series and on and on ...

The only publisher/developer that adds +1 for me to any game with their logo on its cover.

Well, the only other than Nintendo I mean.

cvxfreak

Every year since 1998, Capcom's really delivered:

Resident Evil 2

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis

Resident Evil CODE: Veronica

Onimusha
Devil May Cry

Resident Evil
Onimusha 2
Resident Evil Zero

Resident Evil Outbreak (IMO)

Onimusha 3
Resident Evil Outbreak File #2 (IMO)

Resident Evil 4

Shin Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams

<3 Capcom

Mrbob

I think you are stretching with some of those years cvxfreak, but right now Capcom is on the top of their game. They are delivering awesome games to every viable platform at the moment.

CVX didn't mention games like Powerstone 1 & 2 in his yearly rundowns. In fact, he only listed a couple of the games to come out each year. There were way more than that.

And I own SF:A3 and MegaMan MHX for PSP and love them. I'll be buying G&G and Powerstone when they hit later this year too. Plus how can you not think Okami looks cool? Its the most unique looking game I've seen in years. I'm gonna be all over that! :D WAY TO GO CAPCOM! YEAH!

Senretsu

It seems like I do buy 1 or 2 game from capcom every year now that I think about it. Last year it was Phoenix Write and Resident Evil 4, and Killer 7. Ok so that makes 3. This year it'll be Okami and Devil may Cry 4 (not sure when this is coming out), and hopefully Rockman Zex

Capcom rocks, I just hope I'm not jinxing them by saying that. Respect for Ducktales!

Everyone always seems to forget Steel Battalion...

74628_full.jpg

74626_full.jpg

steelb1.jpg

Great game. Not worth $200, but still a lot of fun and probably one of the most crazily ambitious games Capcom, or anyone else for that matter, has done in years.

Maximilian

DIYMF Alumni
Capcom is my favorite 3rd party developer of all time and has been ever since I was a kid. They made me buy a PSX with RE2 and are forcing my hand to get the 360 for Dead Rising. When I get a PSP, it will also be because of Capcom and the great love they are giving to that system. They have so many great games franchises & they just keep giving! Darkstalkers, Legendary Wings, Ghouls n' Ghosts, Magic Sword (this needs a sequel!), Strider, Mega Man, Devil May Cry, Breath of Fire, Viewtiful Joe, Resident Evil, Phoenix Wright! Winners all and there's so many more. It's a crime we've seen no new Street Fighter love, but hey at least we've gotten the Marvel vs. Capcom / Capcom vs. SNK, plus they keep re-packaging the old games, so hopefully ever-loving Capcom 2D fighting action's not dead yet... And RE4 is probably my game of this gen, hands down. Great thread!

cvxfreak

Mrbob said:
I think you are stretching with some of those years cvxfreak, but right now Capcom is on the top of their game. They are delivering awesome games to every viable platform at the moment.

It's a very cvx-centric year list. :D

Monk

Banned
Hitler Stole My Potato said:
Everyone always seems to forget Steel Battalion...

74628_full.jpg

74626_full.jpg

steelb1.jpg

Great game. Not worth $200, but still a lot of fun and probably one of the most crazily ambitious games Capcom, or anyone else for that matter, has done in years.

so do you actuallly get to see outside the mech's controls?

Zen

Banned
meltpotato said:
your image is the Moby Games anti-hotlinking image. maybe you can't see it on your end because the real image is cached or soemthing

Works fine for me. >=(, I've never gotten moby games anti hotlinking ever, even when it's not cached.

megamanx8_ps2box_usa_org_001boxart_160w.jpg

They've already returned dignity to the MegaMan X series.

Tain

LakeEarth said:
Street%20Fighter%20III%20-%203rd%20Strike.png

prepare for the battle prepare for the war
prepare for the real street fighter blood war
the third of the third prepare to die for
your life's on the line so i'ma take yours
yo make your first move so what's it gon' be
you're trapped in the new world of street fighter 3
the 3rd chapter so what's it gon' be
you're trapped in the new world of street fighter 3

Capcom's never gonna top this, they can stop making games.

Top Bottom