• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom DMC4, RE:U Sales Prediction

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
sypher said:
!!!

*reports to mods*

Await your ban........

I don't think that counts as trolling especially since he didn't even bring it up. How can you deny that a game being upgraded and re-released on two seperate occasions before a sequel is even released is not 'rehashing'?

Zefah said:
I'm fairly positive DMC4 will get close to 2 million. Its a well established and popular series and its coming out on both the 360 and PS3. New IPs like Lost Planet and Dead Rising have sold over a million and they were only released on one system.
See, thats the thing. The new IP could have worked in LP and DR's favor. DMC looks like it's on a slow but steady decline, especially on much bigger install bases(though this should have minimal effect though, the demographic that will play DMC will be more or less constant and will most likely be what you may call traditionally as the early adopters.)

Sypher

Banned
Zefah said:
I don't think that counts as trolling especially since he didn't even bring it up. How can you deny that a game being upgraded and re-released on two seperate occasions before a sequel is even released is not 'rehashing'?

Protip

i was kidding

nubbe

MegaMan should hit that easy.
StarForce 1 coming to USA and Europe while StarForce 2 is debuting in Japan.
ZX just came to Europe and with ZX Advent reaching all regions by Q4.

Also, don't forget VC and cell phone releases.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
DMC4 might barely break 1M. DMC2 almost killed the series and DMC3 was heavily criticized for being too difficult. If it was released on the PS2 as well I could see it doing 1.8M, maybe even 2M.

Defuser

SapientWolf said:
DMC4 might barely break 1M. DMC2 almost killed the series and DMC3 was heavily criticized for being too difficult. If it was released on the PS2 as well I could see it doing 1.8M, maybe even 2M.
Nope, Kobayashi said that DMC4 will be much more harder than DMC3 and iDMC3 can't even hit 2 million with Special editions and the help of Europe.

Fady K

DMC4 at 1.8, i dont see why thats not possible - maybe in a year after release though. Everything else seems fair enough - RE4 Wii Edition can make it that high with the help of US and EU sales im thinking, and Umbrella Chronicles is an all new RE for the Wii so should break past .5 million.

RE4 Wii is doing great in USA, ok in Japan and it should do quite well in Europe. To me it seems about LTD 100k in Japan, 300k in USA and 150k in Europe, which is about 550k. That seems pretty likely to me (and it may turn out to be higher if it continues its form in USA).

I do wonder if UC will do great though.

lupin23rd

Was this thread started today? This information was posted on Capcom's site months ago.

1.8 million for a new game, on two systems, in 3 regions (so 6 games basically)? Don't see why it can't do 1.8 million at least, lifetime. Or should we say 4 regions since 360 is negligible in Japan, and maybe in Europe?

Should outsell NG2 if that one is 360 exclusive, since only NA counts for 360.... amirite?

m

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Icarus said:
They'll hit all of those numbers easily on a cross platform, worldwide basis.
Depends on Europe and America really. DMC3 and RE4 pretty much bombed in Japan. But anything that isn't Nintendo or an RPG pretty much bombs in Japan anyways.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I guess this confirms Sengoku Basara 2 heroes for America, congrats guys lets hope they don't **** it up.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
sp0rsk said:
I guess this confirms Sengoku Basara 2 heroes for America, congrats guys lets hope they don't **** it up.
It just says Japan though.

Defuser

RubberJohnny said:
DMC4 will do 1 million on 360 in the US alone. No games flop on 360.

Viva Pinata is the exception that proves the rule
boxart_jap_bomberman-act-zero.jpg

51504-forside.jpg

So yeah uhhh what were you saying?

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
they're expecting too low for Umbrella Chronicles?

DMC it's going to sell more thanks to the Xbox360. PS3 isn't going to help that much.

Arch said:
RE:UC predictions seem a little high to me

It depends on what this game actualy brings to the table.
If there are only anecdotal new scenes, it´ll flop. If there really is a huge part about Umbrella´s downfall, it´ll be awsome and every RE-fan should be buying this.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Defuser said:
DMC4 1.8 million? lol good luck with that capcom....

I think Capcom got DMC4 confused with Resident Evil 4 Wii.

tanasten said:
they're expecting too low for Umbrella Chronicles?

DMC it's going to sell more thanks to the Xbox360. PS3 isn't going to help that much.

Yea, i'd like to take a gander at that crystal ball there.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Jammy said:
Those RE4: Wii Edition sales are very doable. It's Japan sales will reach 100,000 easily within a month and anecdotally it's been doing quite well in the U.S. I'm pretty sure Capcom will beat their expectations with this one.

I thought 1.8 million for DMC4 was crazy, but I forgot it was for two consoles. That's also pretty doable.

Three platforms actually, DMC 4 is also coming to the PC.

Parl

Defuser said:
DMC4 1.8 million? lol good luck with that capcom....

They should see how much RE4 on GC sold, and divide it by their prediction, then times it by 1.8 million to find the REAL number.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
To put this into a bit of perspective, they also expected 2 mil sales for Lost Planet...

TheKurgan

DMC4 is a pretty big name and I think 360 gamers will step up and buy it. Probably around 700-900k in North America when it is all said and done. That goes a long way to reaching the goal of 1.8mil.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
John Harker said:
To put this into a bit of perspective, they also expected 2 mil sales for Lost Planet...

Yea, Cpacom has had a habit over over-hoping the drawing prowess of many of its games for many years now.

RE4 is going to blow past that. UC will probably fall short. DMC4, don't see why it can't do that across two platforms.

lupin23rd said:
Was this thread started today? This information was posted on Capcom's site months ago.

1.8 million for a new game, on two systems, in 3 regions (so 6 games basically)? Don't see why it can't do 1.8 million at least, lifetime. Or should we say 4 regions since 360 is negligible in Japan, and maybe in Europe?

Should outsell NG2 if that one is 360 exclusive, since only NA counts for 360.... amirite?

m

WTF? If it's 4, it's because 360 and PS3 are both dead in Japan.

Didn't LP and DR do over 1 million with little help from Japan? I'm sure that DMC4 will hit that number. DMC is an established franchise, it appeals to all territories (unlike DR and LP, which were made for western territories) and the fact that it's being release on two platforms.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
dr3upmushroom said:
Didn't LP and DR do over 1 million with little help from Japan? I'm sure that DMC4 will hit that number. DMC is an established franchise, it appeals to all territories (unlike DR and LP, which were made for western territories) and the fact that it's being release on two platforms.

Dead Rising is the #4 360 game in Japan and it sold 65,908.
Lost Planet is the #6 360 game in Japan and it sold 60,861.

PS3's top three games have sold 270k, 137k, and 134k respectively.

Assuming DMC is a miracle and hits 100k in Japan on 360 and say 200k in Japan on PS3, it's still only 15% of their expected worldwide sales. Japan is a write-off for next-gen titles with multimillion sales expected.

Moreover, I don't think the Japanese care for games like DMC anymore. Not that it matters, as it will sell over a million the first month it's released on 360/PS3 anyway, especially if it's in an empty month like January.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
RE4 is going to blow by those projections I think- I think it will do 300K in N.A alone by the end of its run.

Top Bottom