• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom: Noel Brown banned from Pro Tour 2016

mbpm1

I am all for him being banned, it just isn't suitable what he did. I don't believe banning him forever.

But for real, if Noel is getting banned.

How the absolute FUCK is Aris Bakhtanians still allowed to commentate?

Remember this shit?

http://kotaku.com/5889415/this-is-what-a-gamers-sexual-harassment-looks-like

Same reason Noel is still around after being arrested for smacking his ex around and other stuff.

There weren't rules in place then, and by now the crime is old.

As long as them and related people had kept their nose clean it wouldn't have come up again.

And Aris at least cleaned up his act after that.

I am all for him being banned, it just isn't suitable what he did. I don't believe banning him forever.

But for real, if Noel is getting banned.

How the absolute FUCK is Aris Bakhtanians still allowed to commentate?

Remember this shit?

http://kotaku.com/5889415/this-is-what-a-gamers-sexual-harassment-looks-like

This has already been pointed out several times in the thread, but Aris has changed greatly since then, and the two of them have long since buried the hatchet.

Mokubba

B-b-butt I thought the pro prayers would swoop to his defense and protest if he got banned.

I hope this stops people making sweeping statements about the FGC.

Good outcome in the end. Lifetime ban would have been too much straight away but as long as he knows this is his last chance, it gives him the opportunity to fix up in future.

Big Brett

Noel's twitter timeline is pathetic. He is totally playing the victim it seems, only responding to people who are supporting him.

Noel Brown just shot himself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Fighting Game culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Dota where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in the FGC, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the FGC, after hearing about this, is not going to want to sponsor Noel Brown, nor will they allow him to attend any tournaments. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Noel has alienated an entire community with this move.

Noel, publicly apologize and stop coaching Justin or you can kiss your fight money goodbye.

People should get a lifetime ban for using this.

When is Noel Brown going to jail?

Noel's twitter timeline is pathetic. He is totally playing the victim it seems, only responding to people who are supporting him.

Well, if you happen to say anything negative to certain individuals or by calling them out on their shit, they would most likely block you (which Noel has probably done).

They don't like that.

smurfx

get some go again
wonder how long ricki and justin will wait until they start defending noel.

edit: well maybe justin i'm not sure if ricki is as close with him.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
You missed him during the start of the show talking about how he secretly records himself having sex with women and also even taken hidden pictures during "orgies" ...because he says he gonna make mad money and does not want to get Bill Cosbied...

hahaha...what?

what the hell is this show. everyone on here seems like a scumbag

I watched last night for about 30 seconds. Instantly started gradually contorting my face as they spoke, until the host (jamesmk?) mentioned "social justice warriors" and I just peaced out of the stream.

autoduelist

Let me spell it out for you:
  • Rick's account (TheHadou) confirms that Noel Brown's groping was unwanted/without consent
  • She denied ever doing anything to Noel the day prior
  • Even if any of the things you mentioned are true, they don't imply consent

Yeah, I hadn't seen the unedited version where she doesn't recollect anything. That changes everything.

No butt grab ever has upfront consent [at best implied consent], so until we knew details it was hard to say. Some came down hard from the getgo, before we knew everything. Turns out they seem to be correct, but it didn't have to be that way.

I don't know that I agree with you about 'implied consent' if she had done it the night before. At some point, there is implied consent. Drawing that line isn't as simple as you suggest if two people are flirting [though again, in this case it turns out that was not the case].

Maybe it's just a change in culture. First kisses attempts are 'without consent', butt grabs of loved ones are 'implied consent'... w/o knowing more I just was not quick to judgement.

Sounds like in this case he was clearly in the wrong.

To be honest, it doesn't really matter if she outright wanted him to grab her ass or not. They need to start being more proactive about getting people to stop playing fuckball at major events. This conversation about whether someone wanted to have their ass grabbed on camera or not shouldn't really be happening in the first place.

Well, it was either a personal moment caught on camera, or a molestation caught on camera. Either way, I don't think he was playing to the camera. I've kissed my SO at shows before, I've been crotch grabbed at shows before [and I'm a guy] by strangers... I doubt any of it was ever caught on camera but who knows. I don't have any issue with public displays of affection, I do have issues w/ random grabs. I tend to withhold judgement until all facts are in, some seemed to jump on the ban wagon before we had any details at all, with some even saying there is no possible justification [which is blatantly untrue].

mbpm1

Pretty much everybody has gone radio silence about anything related to noel since the rulings came through.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
posting for the first time in a long time just to say

fuck noel brown

from day 0 of when I have been following the fgc I have despised this dude, what a pile of garbage

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Justin is no stranger to being touchy feely himself. He's lucky Tom Cruise doesn't get his scientology buddies on him.

ZJM3Yfg.gif

BiggNife

What did he do exactly? I'm limited to what I can view due to work.

He groped a woman's behind without consent and it was caught on stream

And this is the same guy who previously physically attacked his ex girlfriend at a hotel during a major and got into a fistfight with someone at a local.

whats the story behind this one?

IIRC another player was being a shithead and throwing a ton of low-blow insults at Noel, so Noel got pissed and attacked him.

DryvBy

He groped a woman's behind without consent and it was caught on stream

And this is the same guy who previously physically attacked his ex girlfriend at a hotel during a major and got into a fistfight with someone at a local.

IIRC another player was being a shithead and throwing a ton of low-blow insults at Noel, so Noel got pissed and attacked him.

What an idiot. Glad he's banned.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
It was at a local tournament, not an official event. Everybody knows everybody at locals. What can be done besides the owner saying he can never come back?

Irrelevant as the video is in the public sphere and several witnesses seem to claim legitimacy. The promotional management teams for the 'official events' either turned a blind eye or are incapable of properly vetting those actively competing to ensure entrants at least uphold some standards(particularly when sponsorships are a large part of such events). Just because it happens prior to an official event does not mean it isn't damning.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Isn't Noel Brown best friends with that Jamaican guy who walks around everywhere wearing a Nintendo Power Glove?

Top Bottom