• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom reveals TGS 2017 Lineup and Stage Schedule (MH, RE, Mega Man 30th Anniv, more)

ggx2ac

For people that can't play Dragon's Dogma Online, it feels funny celebrating the 5th Anniversary of one game (Dragon's Dogma) that Capcom once touted as becoming a major series... only until they failed their sales forecast and ended up releasing a sequel spin-off that is a Japan-only MMO.

BadWolf

For people that can't play Dragon's Dogma Online, it feels funny celebrating the 5th Anniversary of one game (Dragon's Dogma) that Capcom once touted as becoming a major series... only until they failed their sales forecast and ended up releasing a sequel that is a Japan-only MMO.

DDO is not a sequel, it's just an MMO.

And it's not really surprising that Capcom is giving DD some love, the PC version is approaching 1 million in sales and the PS4/X1 version will probably do very well as well.

Sesha

For people that can't play Dragon's Dogma Online, it feels funny celebrating the 5th Anniversary of one game (Dragon's Dogma) that Capcom once touted as becoming a major series... only until they failed their sales forecast and ended up releasing a sequel that is a Japan-only MMO.

TGS is a Japan-focused event though. The celebration is definitely not intended for a Western audience.

Menitta

I'd be excited for a new mainline Ace Attorney. Though with Apollo hitting 3DS in November and DGS1 hitting iOS recently, I'm not holding my breath.

ryan13ts

Surprise Deep Down trailer with relea..... omg, hahahaha. I can't even type that with a straight face. It literally hurts.

Vena

Wait, what is MH:Stories 1.2 exactly? Is it dlc?

Its a patch that added some more monsters and features (like MHXX save "bonus"), they relaunched it as the Renewal Edition for a new boxed re-release in Japan. The West just outright has 1.2 as the base version.

They have so little for TGS this year that they brought a patch.

ggx2ac

Its a patch that added some more monsters and features, they relaunched it as the Renewal Edition for a new boxed re-release in Japan. The West just outright has 1.2 as the base version.

Check the review thread because it's not confirmed according to people who are playing the game.

BadWolf

Surprise Deep Down trailer with relea..... omg, hahahaha. I can't even type that with a straight face. It literally hurts.

They are making their big push for the west with MHW.

Deep Down is pointless now unless they rework it into something very different.

Astral Dog

For someone that doesn't care about Monster Hunter or most fighting games sometimes i feel left out of CapCom's grace :^(

FiveSide

Banned
I just want to know if the RE2 remake is an updated coat of paint on the fixed camera angles, like REmake, or if they turned it into a TPS. Trailer would only have to be a couple seconds long and I'd still be happy.

I went into E3 this year expecting DMC5 and came out disappointed. Won't make that mistake again, especially since it'd have to be a huge surprise reveal at this point.

Mega Man's 30th is going to be so dissapointing

I think an X collection is likely. I'd be cool with that. It's not technically the 30th anniversary of the X subseries but, eh.

BadWolf

I went into E3 this year expecting DMC5 and came out disappointed. Won't make that mistake again, especially since it'd have to be a huge surprise reveal at this point...meh.

PSX is where you should be expecting DMC5.

That's were SFV and MVCI were revealed.

Come on Megaman X9 (with SNES graphics) or Megaman X collection for current consoles. But I am setting myself up for disappointment though.

One of the biggest oddities. It's supposedly coming in Decemeber so you'd think they'd announce it by now.

Exactly! I'm pretty sure it was "leaked" via the product listings wasn't it? The one that had Dead Rising 4 (PS4) and something else. I hope it gets announced soon. That would oddly be one of my most anticipated games for this year.

Jawmuncher

DMC5 is fucking dead isn't it?

Nah. Just being saved for PSX probably. As was said Capcom seems to save big titles for E3 and PSX. If we get anything at TGS it'll be smaller fare like Okami HD port and stuff like that. At best we might get a teaser for RE2make. Just so we know it's still progressing. But that'd probably take them out of their whole "We only show a game when it's releasing in a year" strategy they have.

GSR

Any chance that we'll get Ace Attorney 7 announced at that section? Spirit of Justice took 3 years but I think that had to do with the director getting burned out after Dual Destinies.

Super unlikely unfortunately. Yamazaki (the AA5/AA6 director) transferred offices partway through AA6's development IIRC, and the Eshiro (the AA5/AA6 producer) was working on DGS2 all year. Heck, probably the only reason DGS2 took two years was that they already had part of the plot done during DGS1 and could reuse more assets than usual.

I will be very surprised if we see AA7 before 2019 and on the 3DS.

Control + F "Asura's Wrath"
0 results

655ZcGg.gif

Svejk

There's no way they announce a Dragon's Dogma 2 with World being this close, so probably talk about the PS4One version and more content for DDOnline.
DD2 is the only game I want from Capcom. Fingers triple crossed for PSX reveal!

Sayad

I guess the lack of a SFV mention means that they probably won't show off Zeku at TGS. Granted, I was expecting October for Zeku's release so it wouldn't overlap with MvCI this month. But with all the activity going on with the Steam test build & whatnot, it got some thinking that maybe we'll get Zeku this month.
They're running an SFV invitational with international players and a nice prize pool, if anything SFV related is getting announced at TGS, it would be during the SFV invitational, not on a stage booth.

Super unlikely unfortunately. Yamazaki (the AA5/AA6 director) transferred offices partway through AA6's development IIRC, and the Eshiro (the AA5/AA6 producer) was working on DGS2 all year. Heck, probably the only reason DGS2 took two years was that they already had part of the plot done during DGS1 and could reuse more assets than usual.

I will be very surprised if we see AA7 before 2019 and on the 3DS.

Oh, I thought DGS2 was under a the same producer as DGS1?

I was kind of hopeful since it seems like Dual Destinies was developed in 2 years and I assumed it would still be on the 3DS. But from what you've said, it doesn't look likely.

Caffeine

Nah. Just being saved for PSX probably. As was said Capcom seems to save big titles for E3 and PSX. If we get anything at TGS it'll be smaller fare like Okami HD port and stuff like that. At best we might get a teaser for RE2make. Just so we know it's still progressing. But that'd probably take them out of their whole "We only show a game when it's releasing in a year" strategy they have.

i think so too

Itsuno so busy working on DMC5 that he won't be at TGS promoting Dragon Dogma at the panel.

What a god!
Skipping the panel for his own damn franchise is a pretty good sign that if there’s a DD2 coming they aren’t gonna have Itsuno helming it. I’m glad he’s working where he’s most needed instead.

Neoxon

Itsuno so busy working on DMC5 that he won't be at TGS promoting Dragon Dogma at the panel.

What a god!
PSX sounds more likely for DMC5's reveal (if it's happening).

They're running a SFV invitational with international players and a nice prize pool, if anything SFV related is getting announced at TGS, it would be during the SFV invitational, not on a stage booth.
That makes sense

Sesha

Despite birthing Dragon's Dogma Itsuno hasn't really been heading the franchise for a while now. Although I believe him when he says he wants to make DD2, it seems like he's handed the franchise off (for now).

For someone that doesn't care about Monster Hunter or most fighting games sometimes i feel left out of CapCom's grace :^(

Have hope. RE2 Remake and more is coming. Although it'll take a while with how Capcom fills their line-up.

DMC5 is fucking dead isn't it?

DmC2 is probably more realistic

Nah. Capcom has been slowly revealing and releasing new mainline titles for all their major franchises, plus some more (Infinite). The only major franchise they haven't announced a sequel for is DMC. But Itsuno is working on a new title that he's revealing this year (which would line up nicely for a late 2018 or early 2019 release), which he started working on right after DMC4SE.

If anything is dead it's DmC2. Capcom had plans for DmC sequels every 2.5-3 years. After the 2012 fiscal year ended they cancelled a bunch of titles in development and moved development of all future titles in-house. NT confirmed in 2014 they were not working on DmC2, and Tameem recently said that Hellblade was their biggest title out of the four they were working on.

Capcom wants to release sequels every 2.5 years or so to all of their big franchises and keep the rotation going with DLC in-between. Since SFV and Infinite are more long-term, they need to pad their line-up with more than just RE, MH and Dead Rising if they want to continue that.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
It's v1.2 (patch update) and it's a physical re-release. Like how there's budget re-releases at Japanese retailers.

Its a patch that added some more monsters and features (like MHXX save "bonus"), they relaunched it as the Renewal Edition for a new boxed re-release in Japan. The West just outright has 1.2 as the base version.

Interesting. Thanks for the replies!

Sanctuary

Looking forward to see if theyll show re2make
Even if it were a teaser trailer xp

Since it's not even on this list, it sounds like it's at least a year away (probably end of 2018 at best).

There's no way they announce a Dragon's Dogma 2 with World being this close, so probably talk about the PS4One version and more content for DDOnline.

Not sure why anyone is actually expecting any kind of new Dragon's Dogma game information, when the original is going to be released on the PS4 and Xbox One in October. The presentation is probably just a reminder of the game in general, as well as a promotion for the upcoming release.

Top Bottom