• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Sues Koei Tecmo for $9.43 Million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
According to Japanese news site Sankei, Capcom is suing fellow publisher Koei Tecmo for multiple cases of patent infringement.

The exact contents of the patents are yet unknown, but alleged infringements include a number of functions found within key games, including the ability to import or content from an old title to a new one, disc-based expansions, and controller vibrations to warn when enemies are nearby.

Samurai Warriors: Xtreme Legends and 49 other games have been cited in the lawsuit. Along with roughly $9.43 million USD in damages, Capcom is also calling for many of the sales of these games to be suspended.

According to Capcom, the games in question containing said patent infringements have "greatly contributed to the sales" of Koei Tecmo, and wants to claim 5-10 percent in license fees.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08...-infringement?abthid=53fce1e0e40cb6716b000026

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom