• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America vs. Master Chief

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

oh man. wasn't that in the ultraverse? They're ignoring the hell out of everything that happened there, I'm sure.
You bugging.
Ok, now I'm extremely confused. Are you guys saying that 1940's tech is better than 2525 tech?

I mean, I can accept that we can't compare 2525 tech to 2525 tech from different worlds, but how can WWII tech be better than planet-busting-FTL-warp-drive-genetic-modification tech?

Cap be beating 40th century tech
RGeLWWD.jpg

Wag

I can see this quickly becoming a Cap vs Batman thread
2052975-cap_vs_bat.png

Sure, why not?

I always thought it was understood that Cap and Bats could stand toe to toe but for the fact that Cap has infinite stamina. The only way Bats could win was by prep time or gadgets.

Oh geeze you have to be kidding me, people honestly believe Captain America can beat Master Chief?

Ignoring feats accomplished you have to realize that Master Chief is pretty much Captain America, only futuristic and better equipped.

Sure, why not?

I always thought it was understood that Cap and Bats could stand toe to toe but for the fact that Cap has infinite stamina. The only way Bats could win was by prep time or gadgets.

Isn't Cap significantly stronger than Batman?

If Cap and Bats have equal fighting ability, wouldn't that edge go to Cap due to SSS?

captain-america-vs-batman-19699.jpg

Thunderstrike was basically Thor-lite. Estimated at somewhere between 75 and 100 tons.

Chief can flip the Elephant, which is 250 tons.

Captain america's reaction time is superhuman, enhanced by the serum. Bullets appear slower to him than they do to regular people. So, more time to move. Sounds like BS? Spider man does the same thing, dodging bullets after they're fired. There are already scans posted of pete struggling to keep up with Cap hand to hand. Also, cap is extremely durable. He's taken rifle rounds to the arms, chest, and head (!) with no armor, and walked it off.

Chief's also got enhanced reaction time, even if it doesn't translate to 1:1 bullet time in the games. A fan theory is that it's the reason Banshees (purply Covenant aircraft) feel like they're flying so slow most of the time, while in a pre-Halo 3 live action short or two, from the perspective of a single Marine, Banshees are zooming around fast as fighter jets.

How does plasma affect Vibranium? Or hardlight, for that matter? Will it absorb kinetic energy from solids, liquids and gases only? Would an Energy Sword cut through it? Can Plasma Grenades be stuck to it?

Finaika

Oh geeze you have to be kidding me, people honestly believe Captain America can beat Master Chief?

Ignoring feats accomplished you have to realize that Master Chief is pretty much Captain America, only futuristic and better equipped.

Better equipped? Cap's shield is all he needs. Master Chef can shoot at it all day, but it is indestructible.

Better equipped? Cap's shield is all he needs. Master Chef can shoot at it all day, but it is indestructible.

How does the shield hold up against energy and plasma weaponry? In addition to Halo 4 particle disintegration? I recall Cap's shield has been disintegrated before.

But let's give the benefit of the doubt to the Cap's shield. How will he hold up to the Chief in terms of strategy and tactics? Note this is the Chief who was abducted as a child and forced under rigorous military training since then, eventually becoming a one-man army. In addition to possessing a sassy AI whose computations far exceed the processing of a human, super-enhanced/mutant or not.

Slayven

How does the shield hold up against energy and plasma weaponry? In addition to Halo 4 particle disintegration? I recall Cap's shield has been disintegrated before.

But let's give the benefit of the doubt to the Cap's shield. How will he hold up to the Chief in terms of strategy and tactics? Note this is the Chief who was abducted as a child and forced under rigorous military training since then, eventually becoming a one-man army. In addition to possessing a sassy AI whose computations far exceed the processing of a human, super-enhanced/mutant or not.

Cap's shield has been destoryed 4 times. Once by Molecule Man, Doctor Doom with the power of teh Beyonder, Thanos with the infinity gauntlet, and most recent by The Serpent the brother of Odin.

It would be Cap's win

I understand that MC was trained from a young age, given enhancements, and has future tech but he still hasn't faced an enemy that could be considered his equal (as far as my Halo knowledge goes). Cap's been in situations where he's had to overcome odds, fighting enemies that are futuristic, supernatural, and alien. Cap has the experience to know how to deal with someone like MC.

Random17

Is he fighting game MC, or lolworthy book MC?
It can be the other way round if you take gameplay literally*. e.g. Sword Cancelling or Flying, telepathically Elephant flipping, phasing through walls, super bouncing etc.

Hell, he survived reentry, twice.

Comic book Captain America is even more OP, tbh. The difference between book Master Chief and game Master Chief is mostly reaction time and running speed.

IMO:

Comics CA>EU MC
Game MC>Movie CA

*As far as I know, gameplay isn't canon, but if it is... my god.

pants

K now imagine Cap America vs Cap America in Ironman suit. The latter is the Chief but even better.

So now you guys are claiming not only will MC beat Cap (which is silly) but that he's somehow going toe to toe with the always silly Ironman ito power?

lol

Trey

It would be Cap's win

I understand that MC was trained from a young age, given enhancements, and has future tech but he still hasn't faced an enemy that could be considered his equal (as far as my Halo knowledge goes). Cap's been in situations where he's had to overcome odds, fighting enemies that are futuristic, supernatural, and alien. Cap has the experience to know how to deal with someone like MC.

Elites are as strong or stronger than Captain America. And Brutes are even stronger. And the flood are yet even stronger versions of the aforementioned.

Seth C

Elites are as strong or stronger than Captain America. And Brutes are even stronger. And the flood are yet even stronger versions of the aforementioned.

Yup. The whole point of the Spartan program was as a last ditch effort to compete on a galactic scale because every alien we faught was so much stronger than we are.

They are all technically stronger than him, but he overcomes it through his pure badassery.

Beth Cyra

K now imagine Cap America vs Cap America in Ironman suit. The latter is the Chief but even better.

Just saying an Ironman suit doesn't mean anything.

Ironman has shit like Thorbuster and Hulkbuster that puts him near the levels of these things and MC doesn't have shit against that.

Given Cap can and has taken on things that not only are above MC but pretty much are the Halo's themselves in destructive force I don't really see the argument for Chief taking this.

Trey

Yup. The whole point of the Spartan program was as a last ditch effort to compete on a galactic scale because every alien we faught was so much stronger than we are.

They are all technically stronger than him, but he overcomes it through his pure badassery.

Actually, the whole point of the Spartan program was to combat insurrectionists in the outer colonies. But after the Covenant bodied Harvest and declared holy war against humanity, the program was reoriented for front line combat against the new and greater threat.

It's not about strength, Cap fights enemies that are stronger than him all the time.

I would probably guess that Elites and Brutes fall into the same power category as skrulls or the kree who Cap has had many run-ins with.

Just saying an Ironman suit doesn't mean anything.

Ironman has shit like Thorbuster and Hulkbuster that puts him near the levels of these things and MC doesn't have shit against that.

Given Cap can and has taken on things that not only are above MC but pretty much are the Halo's themselves in destructive force I don't really see the argument for Chief taking this.

all this just makes captain america sound as ridiculous as batgod. he shouldn't be able to beat everybody and everything, but the writers want him to?

Cap has fought the equivalent of what is basically Stark Armor without bells and whistles and has won. Not to diminish the achievements of John but Steve wins hands down.

The bottom line is this is nothing new for Steve. I mean the guy beat Kang. He's fought Ultron, and god knows who else and too many to name. MC has fought the Covenant and the Brood... I mean the Flood. MC is capable but Caps been there and done that.

Beth Cyra

all this just makes captain america sound as ridiculous as batgod. he shouldn't be able to beat everybody and everything, but the writers want him to?

Well in good writers hands he won't. However he has punched way above his weight limit on several occasions.

He really is the Batman for the MU, however I will say the frequency that they allow stupid shit for Cap is far more in check compared Batman. I don't think they would let Cap take out Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, and Hank Pym all at the same time like they let Batman take out the Justice League.

Well in good writers hands he won't. However he has punched way above his weight limit on several occasions.

He really is the Batman for the MU, however I will say the frequency that they allow stupid shit for Cap is far more in check compared Batman. I don't think they would let Cap take out Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, and Hank Pym all at the same time like they let Batman take out the Justice League.

Totally agree.

Batman given prep time the same as Peter Parker would still lose. People put that psychotic on a level that makes no sense.

Chinner

Banned
master chief is a better character than captain america. more interesting things happen to him and he has a personality. like most comic books captain america suffers from having awful writers that masturbate to their own drawings and have to come up particular circumstances in which he would win every single event.

its like how batman could stand a nuclear explosion or defeat an army of a 100 soldiers firing at him instantly. it's just a little boring and only something that comic book fans would be impressed with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom