• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain Rainbow - Wii (First look trailer)

Tenbatsu

Allan Holdsworth said:
This game could be good. Looks... interesting, at least.
I'd also like if someone could translate what the deformed Birdo is saying.
Bascially Birdo aka Katherine was just introducing the game and the characters and talking crap:D

pulga said:
Holy fucking shit what did I just witness
Where did you get this from?
Scans.

ziran

This looks great! :D

Excellent style, if it's Skip it's going to be loads of fun.

Thanks for the info Tenbatsu.

Tenbatsu said:
The island that you will be exploring are pack fill with past Nintendo minor characters, so awesome!:lol

The scans also said that the genre of this game is still a mystery:lol

Interest +1000 , Please Localize.

Tenbatsu

2cg22jr.jpg

Summary:
- Main dude name is Nick.

- Cameo appearance shown are Katherine(Birdo), OtsuSan and Hikari (all are past minor Nintendo characters)

- It appears that there are mini games like golf, bug catching and fishing.

- Captain Rainbow is a reference to Masked Rider, you can tell from the rainbow belt that he is wearing and his transformation stance

- The island that you will be exploring are pack fill with past Nintendo minor characters

- In the video, Birdo aka Katherine was bascially introducing the game, characters and talking crap

- The genre of this game still remains a mystery

MarkMacD

thnx Mister, you are truly a Hero.

Kinda reminds me of Viewtiful Joe in some surface aspects....doesn't seem much like an N game, aside from the ro-bear-burble language, but hey, maybe that's not a bad thing? New IP at least!

edit: Taste the Rainbow?

kottila

Tenbatsu said:
2cg22jr.jpg

Summary:
- Main dude name is Nick.

- Cameo appearance shown are Katherine(Birdo), OtsuSan and Hikari (all are past minor Nintendo characters)

- It appears that there are mini games like golf, bug catching and fishing.

- Captain Rainbow is a reference to Masked Rider, you can tell from the rainbow belt that he is wearing and his transformation stance

- The island that you will be exploring are pack fill with past Nintendo minor characters

- In the video, Birdo aka Katherine was bascially introducing the game, characters and talking crap

- The genre of this game still remains a mystery

Each Nintendo character has a minigame based on which game they've appeared in, and you need to beat them to proceed to the next minigame
It was meant as a joke, can't believe people actually wants this though..

Nocebo

kottila said:
Each Nintendo character has a minigame based on which game they've appeared in, and you need to beat them to proceed to the next minigame
That sounds pretty awesome actually :O

kottila said:

That's what Wii owners really need : new IP with minigames !!!

Nintendo does have new IPs but half of them never leave Japan and most aren't developed internally. "We're Fossil Diggers" comes to mind as a recently released one. (even not counting all the edutaintment stuff)

Skip has done Giftpia and Chibi-Robo, so if it's by them it'll be another new IP to their count.

stalker

Where do the Skip comments come from? just based on style this reminds me alot more of Tingle RPG than Chibi-Robo. I say Vanpool!!!

stalker said:
Where do the Skip comments come from? just based on style this reminds me alot more of Tingle RPG than Chibi-Robo. I say Vanpool!!!
The artstyle, the gibberish talking that is mashed together VAing, the fact that Skip hasn't been doing anything since Chibi-Robo DS.

fresquito

WTF?!

This game is so bizarre I can't believe it's real. I mean, some parts of the video look like a DS game, while other show totally awesome moments. I don't know what to do out of it. Is this really by Skip or it's all just speculation?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
This actually was discovered a long time ago (logo+trademark filing),. It's unfortunate that the actual product is so stupid looking.

Scribble

The thing is, when people said "Why's Birdo in this" I thought they'd mean a Birdo look-a-like. Same with the Wario Land Shake Saria Song thing. But lol.

ITA84

stalker said:

In the video you can see a dishpan falling onto the main character's head, just like in Chibi Robo; if it isn't Skip, I'll eat my hat.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
magus said:
Is this Wii Exclusive? Because I really need to have this on my PS3! :lol

it`s a nintendo game.... so yes it will be also on ps360 :)

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
WTF? :lol It looks like one of those games that will never make NA, just be released in JP and maybe EU. Can't say I'd be too sad about it either.

KevinCow

Banned
ITA84 said:
In the video you can see a dishpan falling onto the main character's head, just like in Chibi Robo; if it isn't Skip, I'll eat my hat.
Yeah, this just feels like Skip. It made me think of Giftpia. I remember seeing some stuff on that game years back and laughing my ass off. Hadn't even thought about it in years, but watching this just made me think, "Man, this totally reminds me of that game, what was it called? Giftpia!"

Top Bottom