• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CAPTIVATE 09 - Trailers/News/New Games on April 29

4630b86a6edacea48ee3efbcf64ad233.jpg

http://www.capcom-unity.com/kramez/blog/2009/04/10 /captivate09_its_on_monte_carlo_style

I suppose you want to know what games we're going to be rolling out at CAPTIVATE 09. Tough nuts! Nah, kidding. Here's some (but not all) of the goodness we'll be talking about, showing off and even playing:

Dead Rising 2: Inafune-san himself will be living it up in Monte Carlo. There's a new, amazing trailer that will blow your socks off (more motorcycle action!) and we'll be seeing gameplay for the first time.

Lost Planet 2: Takeuchi-san gets no rest, as he's now full-time on LP2. If you've seen the latest issue of Official Xbox Magazine, you'll have read Fran's breathless first-hand account of her co-op play session in Japan. This game is really impressing me, both from a technical perspective (the MT Framework 2.0 looks even better than RE5) and from a pure gameplay stance. Four man co-op to take down Akrids the size of battleships? Yes, please.

Dark Void: Morgano has a new playable demo filled with jetpack-y goodness and weak-crotched robots that is going to really rev you up. With SFIV and RE5 out the door and LP2 and DR2 so far away, I think it's time for everyone to start paying more attention to this hot game.

Spyborgs: announced last year (too early), Spyborgs will be removing its cloaking field to show the direction that Capcom and the ex-Insomniac crew at Bionic Games have taken this title. All new art direction and gameplay mechanics have replaced some of the more "younger" feel of the game, and they've really fine-tuned the Wii controls for this new action directive.

Resident Evil The Darkside Chronicles: Kawata-san also earned no vacation; after finishing the immensity of Resident Evil 5, he immediately had to jump back into the zombie-infested world of RE. We got a very early sneak preview of REDSC right before the launch of RE5, but Kawata-san has promised that he's going to go more in depth with the new cover mechanic being introduced in this game, as well as showing off how the Wii remote is being used.

We'll also be talking about and playing with Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (coming this summer, finally!), Resident Evil for the Wii and Bionic Commando, as well as announcing NEW GAMES!

For those of you not able to attend, do not fret! We will be bringing you all the screens, videos, trailers and news on April 29, as well as linking out to all the global coverage that stems from the event. There's gonna be a lot of stuff happening, so keep you Unity RSS feed hot as we open the doors to our elven workshop to let you witness second-hand all the magic we're working on.

NeoZylom

What about Monster Hunter Tri? :( And they should announce a new Megaman. A real one, not a "battle network"-style

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Edgeworth localization and GS5 reveal

Shard said:
Hopefully Marvel Vs. Capcom will finally step out of the shadows on that day.

This too.

xfactor

Banned

WHOO!

DR2, LP2, Dark Void, Bionic Commando, and MH!

I swear I still think Capcom could make it in the hardware business. Their lineup is just so varied and full of so many heavy-hitters that I think if they had the support of say, EA, then they could make it with a new console.

Blueblur1

I want to see some actual gameplay footage from Dark Side Chronicles and finally see if they actually bring back Marvel VS Capcom 2. All the other stuff sounds great but I'm really hoping to see those two games get some meaty coverage.

Firestorm

I don't think they'd announce Ace Attorney 5 at a western event. It'd probably be reserved for a Japanese event as it's far more popular over there.

On the Giant Bomb podcast, the Capcom guys said they were announcing at least two games: one would get everyone very excited and be a big surprise; the other would not surprise anyone (an expected sequel in other words).

Let the speculation begin.

Firestorm

Vyse The Legend said:
On the Giant Bomb podcast, the Capcom guys said they were announcing at least two games: one would get everyone very excited and be a big surprise; the other would not surprise anyone (an expected sequel in other words).

Marvel vs Capcom 3 fits into both of those.
Just sayin'
Twice the probability!

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Vyse The Legend said:

NEW ONIMUSHA

Gwanatu T

Spyborgs: announced last year (too early), Spyborgs will be removing its cloaking field to show the direction that Capcom and the ex-Insomniac crew at Bionic Games have taken this title. All new art direction and gameplay mechanics have replaced some of the more "younger" feel of the game, and they've really fine-tuned the Wii controls for this new action directive.

OH heck yeah. I had no idea this was done by ex-Insomniac guys. Interest ++++.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Vyse The Legend said:

Devil May Cry PSP hopefully. :D

wsippel

Banned
Gwanatu T said:
OH heck yeah. I had no idea this was done by ex-Insomniac guys. Interest ++++.
Insomniac and High Impact, mostly. The Creative Director and the Art Director worked on Ratchet & Clank in the past. And there are some guys from Offset and other famous studios as well.

On the Giant Bomb podcast, the Capcom guys said they were announcing at least two games: one would get everyone very excited and be a big surprise; the other would not surprise anyone .

Wii owners being shat on by Capcom.

Capcom's been doing awesome work this gen. I really can't wait to see what they reveal. And even if the new titles are no big deal, seeing games like DR2 and LP2 in greater depth is certainly worth looking forward to.

ezekial45

Banned
Vyse The Legend said:

Strider!

Im quite interested in how Spyborgs would turn out.. getting rid of the younger feel to it is a step in a good diection...

other games, interested as per usual

Guled

Vyse The Legend said:

Perfect Prosecutor and MvC3?

Teknoman

We'll also be talking about and playing with Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

Awesome. Really hoping Dark Void and Bionic Commando demos surface.

Teknoman said:
Breath of Fire VI please. PS3/360.

That would be a surprise since Inafune said that making RPG's isn't even something they need to consider because of the lack of sales outside of Japan.

Top Bottom