• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carl Weathers dead at 76

nush

Iconic roles under his belt. Rest in Peace.

rocky.jpg

worst photo editing evah.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I just remembered he was on this short lived show called Street Justice with Bryan Gennessee (I know I'm misspelling it) ... I remember watching it in the 90s. I was always happy to see Action Jackson having work!

Muffdraul

Fuck. I've had the Rocky blu-ray box set for literally years, but to this day have never bothered to watch any of them except the first. I know what I'm finally doing this weekend.

RIP Mr. Weathers.

EDIT Monday morning: Holy shit, Rocky II was so much better than I expected. And Mr. Weathers was fantastic in it.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The next 10 to 30 years are gonna to be brutal in that regard
10 to 30? Try 1-5, ain't none of those guys spring chickens anymore.
Yup.

Most people on this forum are probably 50 years old or younger. That means all those cool celebs we all grew up watching will be at least 10 years older. Most probably 20 years older assuming someone is 15 years old loving a celeb who was 35. Heck, Arnold S was already about 44 years old when he did T2, and closing in on 50 when he did True Lies.

Tons of stars I grew up watching are dead. Pro athletes too. I used to watch Nigh Court a lot. Almost everyone in the main cast is dead. I think only John Larroquette and Marsha Warfield are alive. Threes Company is one of my fav shows of all time. The old people long time ago, but also John Ritter 20 years ago. Suzanne Somers died recently. Janet, Cindy, Larry, Terri are left and all of them are probably around 70 or older by now.

Top Bottom