• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cases where a game is completed but never released

tetrismdti9.jpg

I was waiting so long for this.
Really? This was part of "Golden 20 in 1". I owned that shit. Never knew it was considered rare until now.

I got to play Propeller Arena at a Dreamcast game event before it was cancelled. :(

One of the last games I tested while at Sega before moving on to my first real game job. Really fun, network performance/prediction was kind of iffy though.

There was this one song they had in the soundtrack for the longest time - not sure if they ever took it out - that was totally NSFW. It was a punk song with zero production values that had a a chorus that was something like "suck dick! eat shit!" Weird, to say the least.

Skunkers

There's been a lot of mention of the unreleased Dreamcast port of Half-Life, but no mention of the Mac port. Many old school Mac users may remember that a PPC port of HL1 for OS9 reached golden master but never got released (or even leaked, to my knowledge). Valve just quietly released an Intel Mac OS X port of HL1 earlier this this year to little fanfare, marking the first time the game has been available for Mac; over a decade after the original port.

Castef

Banned
Thrill Kill on PSOne. Did not made it to the shelves due to its... uh... violent nature...

beta-blues-vol-2-20080507013316436.jpg

Later, a re-themed version named Wu-Tang: Taste the Pain has been published.
The original game was widely available online: i played it several times in multiplayer and it was a blast.

Also, Galactic by Stravros Fasolaus has been completed for Amiga and never commercially released. It was later released on The One magazine.
2689_dbs1.png

SUTOruin

Neo Member
g13798waiup.jpg

Treasure's PS2 Tiny Toons game that never saw official release. Defenders Of The Looniverse even sported acting from the original cast.
Socks_Rocks_the_Hill.jpg

Top Bottom