• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania Judgment (Wii) E3 Hands-On

NEO Frog

Banned
Dascu said:
The confirmed (from the Nitendo Power and 1up previews) characters so far are:

Carmilla/Camilia (Rondo and CotM)
Cornell (CV64:LoD)
Grant Danasti (CV3) - is that the thief guy?
Who are these guys?

I played COTM & 3, but don't remember them. Got any pictures or info about them?

Dascu said:

Simon Belmont
Dracula
Maria Renard
Alucard
Shanoa (Order of Ecclesia)
Death
Trevor Belmont (CV3)
Sypha Belnades (CV3)
Grant Danasti (CV3)

...out of a max 14.

So that leaves 3 other characters. I'm guessing Soma Cruz (AoS/DoS), Richter Belmont (Rondo, Drac X, SotN) and maybe another villain character like the Werewolf.
Of course, there might still be some hidden characters to unlock and (hopefully) some non-playable enemy boss characters.

Isn't it going to link with the new DS game? It would only make sense to have the main character of the DS game as a playable character unlocked by something like that.

Dascu

NEO Frog said:
Who are these guys?

I played COTM & 3, but don't remember them. Got any pictures or info about them?
Grant Danasty is the thief/pirate character from CV3. He jumps around and throws knives.
http://www.vgmuseum.com/mrp/cv3/characters/grantfull.gif
Carmilla is a boss character from Rondo of Blood and Circle of the Moon.
http://www.vgmuseum.com/mrp/CVPics4/camilla2-rob.gif
http://www.vgmuseum.com/mrp/CVPics7/camilla2.gif
Cornell is the wolfboy main character from the N64 Castlevania, Legacy of Darkness.
http://www.vgmuseum.com/mrp/cv-lod/characters/cornellfull.gif

Isn't it going to link with the new DS game? It would only make sense to have the main character of the DS game as a playable character unlocked by something like that.
Yes, Shanoa is in CVJudgment and she is unlocked by DS connectivity with OoE. This was stated in the NP article.

Dascu said:
Grant Danasty is the thief/pirate character from CV3. He jumps around and throws knives.

Yes, Shanoa is in CVJudgment and she is unlocked by DS connectivity with OoE. This was stated in the NP article.

Don't hotlink.

Linkzg said:
IG said that Shanoa thing was not how you unlock characters and that it was only a rumor.

And people were b****ing about not being able to unlock all the characters in the game with out a DS and the game back when the rumor started. . . IDK if that was just the result of the first wave of bashing or if they actually thought that to be a bad then.

Dascu

Black-Wind said:
IG said that Shanoa thing was not how you unlock characters and that it was only a rumor.

And people were b****ing about not being able to unlock all the characters in the game with out a DS and the game back when the rumor started. . . IDK if that was just the result of the first wave of bashing or if they actually thought that to be a bad then.
You mean IGN or IGA?

IGN asked to IGA about Maria being unlockable through DS connectivity, and IGA said that this was not true though he did not deny that the DS connectivity unlocked certain characters. IGN however made a mistake. Shanoa is the unlockable character (this was said so in the Nintendo Power preview).

NEO Frog

Banned
Black-Wind said:
That would be lame.

Well I like the Roster so far. Hopefully the final characters are...

Richter Belmont
Cerebus
Medusa

I also hope there are 13 Arenas. We already know the game has Wi-Fi battle support.

I saw one screenshot that looked like it had a ton of locked content. Like hopefully a full version of Symphony of the Night since they can't really sell that on VC as it is too big. Maybe they could have demos for all the classic games as advertising for the VC versions that you can buy. They still need to add 3, X(PC-Engine), and Bloodlines to the US VC.

Any details on other arenas other than the throne-room and graveyard that is in the vids?

Black-Wind said:
Interesting, I wonder how you do these different normal and S. attacks?
Seems like it's just that for both types of offensive moves, the character attacks differently depending on whether you move the control stick or not. That's it, really.

Dascu said:
You mean IGN or IGA?

IGN asked to IGA about Maria being unlockable through DS connectivity, and IGA said that this was not true though he did not deny that the DS connectivity unlocked certain characters. IGN however made a mistake. Shanoa is the unlockable character (this was said so in the Nintendo Power preview).
Oh, well I guess I meant Maria.
Interesting. . . good thing I was getting the DS one either way :lol

And the attacking controls sound pretty solid now that I peeped the vid. I, myself, would like to see 2 people play this against each other. . . who actually know how to attack and bloke. The Comp looks real lame and weak from this build. . .

supercake

Dascu said:
Simon Belmont
Dracula
Maria Renard
Alucard
Death
Trevor Belmont (CV3)
Sypha Belnades (CV3)
Grant Danasti (CV3)

...out of a max 14.

Shit, so only 3 more possible characters? :(

Soma Cruz
Richter Belmont

These 2 guys are a given, they have to be it, just a damn shame only 1 more to speculate about.

Shaft
St. Germain
Ninja Maids
The Creature

Who knows, I'd be happy for St. Germain to be in it.

Dascu said:

Simon Belmont
Dracula
Maria Renard
Alucard
Death
Trevor Belmont (CV3)
Sypha Belnades (CV3)
Grant Danasti (CV3)

...out of a max 14.

Oh, I've actually never seen that list. Interesting, thanks.

For information, here are pictures of some of the characters as they were designed in their respective games ->

Grant :

grant.jpg

Sypha :

sypha.jpg

Trevor :

trevor.jpg

Carmilla :

46464.jpg

Cornell :

564524646.jpg

I wouldn't mind Richter, Soma, and Olrox, myself...

This looks like Kingdom Hearts.

Not in the strict graphical sense - KH has a much more cohesive and pleasing aesthetic - but if you replaced the Castlevania characters and settings with the same from Kingdom Hearts, man, not much would change.

Top Bottom