• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadows - Mirror of Fate (3DS) Trevor's Story trailer

MYE

Seems like the US gets a different boxart

US

1Spog.jpg

PAL

Castlevania-Mirror-of-Fate-Box-Art.jpg

LeleSocho

Banned
I'm still don't know if i will pick this game...
I mean it totally looks like ass and it's a sequel of the worst castlevania i've ever played but i'm so hungry of this franchise...

Dat boxart. I'm all over this. March is going to be wicked but I'll fit this in for sure, hopefully they'll drop LOS2 in April while I'm still psyched off the back of this. It's going to be hardcore though. Right about the same time as Bioshock and TR (and maybe Crysis 3/Metro when they finalise?).

I'm still don't know if i will pick this game...
I mean it totally looks like ass and it's a sequel of the worst castlevania i've ever played but i'm so hungry of this franchise...

Sounds like you didn't ask for this. Skip it, so many good games if you're not feeling it. Could always come back during the summer.

That voice acting was pretty dang good.

This game is in a weird place, it doesn't seem like shovelware, the models are pretty nice and well animated, but their lips don't move for some reason. Texturing is ok too but it's jaggy as hell.

I guess cutscenes really don't matter as much as gameplay though.

I thought that was a great fucking cutscene. I got giddy when Trevor called her Sypha. Hell, I probably liked that cutscene more than any other cutscene in the original LoS.

I really hope they've ironed out the gameplay problems though.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
They had the budget for all this animation, those models, that voice acting, that music... but couldn't flap some lips?

Okay.

Foffy

Banned
Wonder if it's a performance issue? It shouldn't be in a scripted cutscene, though.

The game was clearly delayed for performance issues. I think the game when demoed at E3 very rarely, if ever, ran at 30 FPS. I fear for the game still after seeing that. Everyone who hated the slower performance of LoS would have an entire new thing to sink their teeth into (dohohohoho).

Grief.exe

First impression is that looks pretty bad.

Then I started thinking they were just using in-game character models and I started to get somewhat impressed, but then at the end of the trailer they do show his in-game character model and it looks horrible.

Resilient

The 3DS has a fucking wild next few months. Monster Hunter, Fire Emblem, Luigis Mansion, Castlevania...omg. It's gonna be so damn good.

Eusis

I doubt it will. I think the hype for that game has to be in the negatives, or not at all.
I'm interested, but I do have reservations. I'm actually kind of annoyed the mentality of Konami seems to be to go "all in" rather than let them each do their own things, but I guess with almost every company actually giving a damn about maintaining continuity they figured it'd end up confusing consumers.

Though, at the same time they probably did want to do this side game/half sequel, and it was best fit on a handheld so they didn't want them to conflict on the same platform anyway.

BowieZ

Banned
First impression is that looks pretty bad.

Then I started thinking they were just using in-game character models and I started to get somewhat impressed, but then at the end of the trailer they do show his in-game character model and it looks horrible.

Maybe it's fun, though?

Striek

People saying it looks bad? I think its easily one of the best looking 3DS games. Nice style too.

Not having lip-synching is really wierd and lazy though.

Eusis

I have to admit, if the period were drier I'd just jump right in without hesitation. But South Park SEEMS to be slated for that day, I kinda want to get Atelier Ayesha, and it's a few weeks after Etrian Odyssey IV and a few before Monster Hunter. Though it's probably the easist game to just slip in there, but I'll wait until it's closer to release. Might be surprised by a decent sale or something anyway.

Subaru

I've played the demo and it's sooo terrible. Bad pacing, awful framerate... I'm totally gonna skip this game.

Eusis

I've played the demo and it's sooo terrible. Bad pacing, awful framerate... I'm totally gonna skip this game.
Bad framerate? This reminds me of some of the 2D platformers that decided to use 3D graphics on PS1: please stick with something the system can handle at 60 FPS, or at least 30. :(

The Hermit

I didn't realized he lips weren't moving until I read this thread... I guess that didn't bothered me that much.

Too bad this game seems to be poorly optimized, I really wanted a Castlevania game.

Eusis

WTF man that pal boxart is fucking amazing, why Konami, WHY!?!??

Fake edit: People who don't get it:
US one's good at least, so it's not as extreme as that example. Of course, the reference TO that example gets lost, which is disappointing.

And if this ends up a case where I can disable 3D and get a higher FPS I'll take it, gladly.

Top Bottom