• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania - Netflix Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

season 2 fight GIF by NETFLIX

Last edited:

Belmonte

That is aweso...wait. Richter son of Trevor and Sypha?! What about all other generations of Belmonts?! What about Simon? I was expecting they would skip to Richter after the first series since SOTN fanboys would not see a series without Alucard but I was expecting they would at least acknowledge other games like they did with Leon Belmont.

Astral Dog

It makes sense to time skip at the most popular 2D games Simon didn't had any friends and Castlevania never had much lore.

Now where is Devil May Cry :^(

Fbh

Show took a massive nosedive after S2 ( though episode 9 of season 4 at least had really nice action scenes).

Hopefully this fresh start serves as a sort of return to form

Last edited:
J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
It makes sense to time skip at the most popular 2D games Simon didn't had any friends and Castlevania never had much lore.

Now where is Devil May Cry :^(
I was hoping they would do Samurai Jack-style writing for Simon. My dream so far has been crushed.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Show turned to shit real fast. I just love it when people make shows about games they've never played
?

The show had so many callbacks and lore moments so deep that only the most hardcore of Castlevania fans would even know what some of those references were pointing to.

There are so many things about this Netflix adaptation that annoy me, but then I always remind myself Konami doesn't seem to care, so it's pointless being upset. Inevitably, just sucks to care more about the integrity of a property than its owner.

Just binge watched the whole show in the last 2 weeks or so. I was pleasantly surprised with it. I was disappointed it was done. Glad to hear it's gonna keep going.

Horatius

i am confused

season four has been out for a while why are they posting a trailer for it what am i missing here

edit: oh the tweet wasn't loading just the youtube vid, that makes a lot more sense now lmao

Last edited:

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
Show turned to shit real fast. I just love it when people make shows about games they've never played
Seasons 1 & 2 were surprisingly better than expected. Season 3 was dog shit and season 4 was mostly the same, with a couple of high points. I hope Warren Ellis won't be writing the next series. Dialog was pretty bad pretty often, too many unnecessary original characters, and the pacing was terrible.

For the majority of the series, especially from season 3 onward, it felt like every female character existed to harp on how dumb/impotent the male characters were and how smart/capable they were themselves. A little of this isn't that bad if it's limited to one or two characters, but it was way over the top.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Season 4 was great. Season three sucked. 3/4 good seasons not bad. Looking forward to Richter. Hopefully they keep his age and original design.

08a11ecb78affb9e1ea1045e58172ac4.png

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
Nice! I enjoyed this series so hopefully they can recapture the charm and atmosphere of the original show.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Castlevania S3E9 will forever be my favorite episode for some reason.

NT80

Simon Belmont is too manly for them. I remember how jarring it was going from Castlevania 4 Simon to SOTN Alucard many years ago.

Kuranghi

For me, the motion quality is just so shit and unappealing in these style productions, its like the part of an japanese anime/OVA where they cut down animation quality/framerate to focus on the most important/dynamic scenes but it lasts for the whole production and you never get to the prestige shots.

I can't speak to the story or anything, but purely visually it just looks crap to me.

Top Bottom