• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania: The Arcade; preserved for all and now playable with 100% more controls

VGEsoterica

A few weeks back I was able to talk about Castlevania: The Arcade...one of the rarest Castlevania games ever made and one that is basically near impossible to play unless you are lucky enough to live near an arcade that has a cabinet...and even those cabinets are rare! and I was able to help preserve that game and show footage of it running on a modern PC. Only issue was that while the game ran fine...zero controls! And let's be honest....actually CONTROLLING a game makes it slightly more fun lolol

But that is all changing as the first WIP control setup is here and it's pretty on point. Converts the inputs over to mouse which in time can be pivoted to something like a Wiimote, allowing for full whip swinging just like the arcade cabinet had. Granted this is still the beta look at how that works but now everyone will get the chance to check out one of the rarest Castlevania titles.

Plus the game is legit fun as a first person lightgun on rails "shooter", which in this instance is way more of an on rails "whipper", although you do get projective subweapons so its a bit of a "best of both worlds" situation :)

Plus legit amazing graphics for its time and IMO one of the best Castlevania soundtracks ever made...just adds to the overall fun :)

Cant wait to hear people's impressions of the game once they get a chance to check it out.

But I am curious GAF...who has seen/played an OG cabinet?

VGEsoterica

9rA3Oag.jpg
move would be closer in line with original cab hardware

Top Bottom