• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Category 4 Hurricane Heading for Texas and Louisiana - Stay Safe Gaffers

Tell_men

wpG9Loo.jpg

To all in the path of this monster hurricane, I hope you stay safe. I know quite a few Gaffers live up in Texas and wishing for the best for you all. Please make wise decisions and get out if necessary. Take care and God Bless all of you.

Lots of love to all of you.

Last edited:
Watch out for looters, too. Stay safe, bro.
Always a possibility yea. But one thing that really makes me proud to be in this state is community. When Gutsav hit Louisiana dead center (Cat 5 hurricane) everyone in my neighborhood came together to pick up the pieces and help each other out. There is also a org called the "Cajun Navy" made up of volunteers with river boats who go around to rescue people in flooded areas. It's nice to see people come together for a good cause.

But thanks anyways :messenger_heart: I will probably play some games before the power goes out. We have already done the preparing we can.

Last edited:

Tell_men

Not sure of how much Galveston will experience, but I would like to remind all of the great hurricane of 1900, a cat 4 that devastated Galveston and is considered one of the greatest natural disasters in US history. Somewhere between 8,000 and 12,000 perished. I know they have much better construction and building codes than back then, but that storm was one for the history books. Stay strong Galveston!

So people are trying to get some nice pics in before they evacuate? I can respect that, but I hope it doesn't cost them in the end.

we should post those crazy storm chasers they never stop filming even when the storm is over them

not sure if this guy is in the path he has not spoken for a while

edit: looking for gas I think, wow

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Eh, I'll be fine. This always just hits the same cities. Nothing personal Houston - God
I found out today that Texas has a coast. I always thought it was land-locked for some reason :messenger_dizzy:

Anyway, good luck. I'll keep my fingers crossed for Texas folks 🤞
That's ok I don't even know where Finland is at.

Lake Charles live cam? storm chaser maybe [On the Eye Path]

nother live feed from another nut this one is a tornado chaser

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

My family lives right on the border of southeast Texas before heading into Louisiana. It would seem they're gonna catch the worst part of it. But they are in Dallas and safe, but who knows what they'll come home to.

Tell_men

My family lives right on the border of southeast Texas before heading into Louisiana. It would seem they're gonna catch the worst part of it. But they are in Dallas and safe, but who knows what they'll come home to.

Hoping the best outcome for them. Completely heartbreaking when you come back and everything is destroyed. Hopefully, there should be emergency aid available soon to help out.

Top Bottom