• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt committed to fixing Cyberpunk 2077 so it can sell 'for years'

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
With cybperpunk and last of us 2 both studios went from ones I trusted without fail to wait for discount.

OrionNebula

It will sell for years, for sure.
I, for one, intent on buying it only in 4-5 years, when it’s actually ready. They can count on my purchase, in half a decade 👍

LOL of course they are commited to fixing it, they fucked up on a galactic scale. Their reputation is now shit with gamers, if they don't attempt to salvage it they are pretty much finished.
Eh. Their core audience is still PC gamers, and the game seems to run just fine on PC. Once they announce Witcher 4, everything is forgotten.

luffie

you got it backwards. is the game the developers designed that is not for you. you should play something else.

that is why your take makes no sense. i can't go to the dark souls OT and say "from software your game should be first person. also i want a branching story with dialogue choices and copy the combat from kingdom come deliverance. oh and add a nemesis system on top of that. yeah and make the game open world with towns and npcs with a day and night cycle and routine".

you are talking about an entirely different game :messenger_tears_of_joy: . it doesn't matter if that's better for you.
Meh, wrong guess, I like the game and enjoyed my time with it.
But I believe they made the wrong decision anyway. The game was meant to be 3rd person initially anyway, but halfway through the head decided it would be better or more immersive in 1st person, and meh, a lot of people including me didn't feel that way. Lost all the great cinematics they can do like the Witcher.

1st person made their melee sucks. They wanted to add rpg upgrades mechanics and so on, but with no time, they tack on the same broken system from Witcher. You can fry 3/4 of Adam Smasher's hp instantly, and melee destroy him in 20 secs. Regardless of what they want to plan, I'm pretty sure even they don't want such a broken levelling system.

And anyway, the game delivered is not even half the game promised.

Hugare

could be yes. but also. imagine what the comments would look like for that paid expansion announcement.

"HEY CDPR YOU MOTHERFUCKERS YOU WANT ME TO PAY AFTER THIS SCAM!?"
"FIX YOUR BROKEN GAME ASSHOLES"
"OH SO THIS IS THE CONTENT YOU REMOVED AND NOW YOU ARE MAKING ME PAY FOR IT"

rinse and repeat

i'd say don't announce it until it's close to release
They better close doors then, because when they announce Witcher 4, internet will give them shit regardless. Whatever they do, there will be people reminding them of this shit. There's no escape, from now on.

Even if they deliver another The Witcher 3 with the 4th one, they will still have haters.

They will have to live on and deal with it.

Being more vocal is the best way to go 90% of thr time in terms of PR. Especially when you fucked up with your customers.

Last edited:
Are they? Because activision's reputation is shit. Ea's reputation is even worse. Ubisoft reputation is pretty bad. Bethesda's reputation is not good.
And all of them are doing great.
Are you seriously comparing studios that have been with us through decades and constants hits to an studio that seems to be a one hit wonder?

Top Bottom