• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"CD Projekt has said it can’t guarantee that Cyberpunk 2077’s new-gen console versions will make it out this year as planned..."

EDMIX

170 people working on expansion (and creating new content) are not included in the 300 still working on the game,

You mean working on the game STILL on content that was likely always planned and simply put on hold to rush out the game?

Sooo sir, anyone can just argue that um the AI is "new content" and act like its an "expansion", but when the game is rushed in this state, none of this sounds like "new content", it sounds like they are fucking still working on the game, its incomplete and this "new content" is more like the shit that was still in the works...

Like the AI

Like the cops basically not knowing how to drive cars...

All that going to be called um "new content" to ignore the rushed, cut content? So...its too much for me to really believe its an "expansion" this is simply them still working on a incomplete game and continuing to add to what was suppose to fucking release in 2022 or even 2023 vs 2020 (evident by the basic functions missing in this game). yet I'm suppose to believe that content being made is "new"? Nah bud, more like they are continuing to work on something unfinished.

I don't see why they would give away the expansion for free

They released a game with non-existent AI, but hey we need to pay extra for that? How is that the fault of the consumer that they've lied about this shit? Pay more for what should have been released day 1? Irony of this fucking team talking shit about other publishers with DLC and they legit release a game with basically broken non-existent AI and then make it sound like charging for it after is an "expansion" lol. So I feel they'd win lots of points by simply making it free vs trying to literally Nickel and dime the install base they just scammed.

Hopefully we can find more people to pay money to beta test this game for me

At this point, thats literally what this game is tbh.

I’m convinced only 3 people work at that company.

pretty much, the more this keeps happening, it continues to prove that this wasn't some 1 day 1 patch type deal and this game had no business releasing in 2020, if even in 2021 they can't even fucking do a next gen update, soooooo basically they can barely do the update, but we are to believe they were ready for a 2020 release though?

wow....

dorkimoe

I was a huge hater before it released and knew it was going to be a pile of shit. But I actually ended up loving it. Was coming on gaf to ask if we would see any expansion or dlc, but this answer the question lol..not at this rate...

Last edited:

yurinka

I'd prefer to get the PS4 base version properly fixed and not empty before moving to the next gen versions.

No need to rush for the next gen version for me, I won't buy a next gen console until the GoW release.

I won't buy the game until it's properly fixed on consoles, have the next gen patch released and the game gets a good discount. So it's ok for me if they take their time, I prefer them to take as much time as needed and to release it in proper contiditions.

Last edited:

brian0057

Banned
The good news is that people will stop putting CD Project on a pedestal and treat them as the multimillion dollar company they are.
The bad news is that people will forget this lesson yet again when the next hype train rolls around.

As of now, From Software is still on that pedestal for most gamers. I don't know how or why since all they make is seven different shades of Dark Souls while Armored Core and Tenchu (fuck that Sekiro bullshit) rot in their basement somewhere.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
This is surprising. Didn' the PC version run pretty well? Not sure why they're having so much problems with the next gen ports which should be pretty similar to PC.
It runs well on a high end PC. Not sure how well it runs on a 1.6 GHz netbook CPU + mid-range 2013 GPU though.

Romulus

Not only that, this patch will need follow up patches to sort out inconsistencies and glitches. You're looking at mid/late 2022 before this is decent upgrade.

Last edited:

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Right from the beginning the game should have been planned for ps5 and series console only. Now they're stuck with a cluster fuck trying to please everyone ..

It should have been a mid gen releases, imo

Kamina

Golden Boy
Well There It Is Jurassic Park GIF

If the Next-Gen patch doesn't release by the end of the year as promised, CD Projekt will join the shit-tier studio/publisher list alongside EA and Activision. After Witcher 3, they became my favorite developers but all that goodwill has gone down the tubes since then.

Derktron

Banned
I can sense this studio will not last very long and either they shut down or some company buys them out. But in my eyes, this is not a good look for them. --- AT ALL!! They seem to have very bad management.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Not surprised. Expecting it early/mid 2022 which is where the game itself should have been delayed to. Nevertheless, I can wait. Have already waited 9 months, another several months isn't a big deal at this point.

Warablo

It released so close to next-gen. Then even delayed it release right next to them and they still can't get a next-gen version out.

Last edited:
Hey people this is official CDPR twitter speaking: We have decided that CP2077 skips the whole pandemic situation and goes straight to Covid-23 when it releases alongside our hotly anticipated next-gen update for genitals customization simulator made in beautiful Poland. We hope you enjoy our most cinematic experience with last-gen performance in the meantime. See you at next years E3 where we'll announce another delay for a beloved franchise of ours. We can't wait to let you wait!

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Yeah it's clear to me that CDPR have no idea how to code/port their games to consoles. I remember Witcehr 3 on PS4 ran like shit but since it was such an awesome game everyone ignored its issues, mostly. I guess if you're still waiting on 2077, just get in on PC especially if you can use DLSS. Maybe in 2 years with expansions and mods it'll be worth revisiting.
The Witcher 3 ran great on my Xbox One

Cyberpunk 2077 runs fine on next gen systems (I've been playing it on the XSX)..........just don't play it on an Xbox One or PS4

I can't talk smack about the game because I put almost 100 hours into it all the way to the end.
BUT
This was the biggest GOTCHA! that I've ever bought into.
The spin from gaming 'journalism' vs what the game turned out to actually be was such a 180.

Klik

I can't believe this game went from basically most wanted game in a decade to a biggest flop. Really strange when you think game has been in development for 7 years..

Top Bottom