• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cemu Thread: Emulating Wii U Games

Soroc

Does anyone have a xbox one controller config they can send or link me to download?

I can't seem to bind anything when trying to set my own up.

xHiryu

sheesh, does this mean theres a possibility for Breath of the Wild unofficially on PC ?

are there any plans for online functionality cause if im not mistaken Dolphin allows for multiplayer. it would be insanity to play Splatoon, Mario Kart and Smash online through my PC. what a time to be alive boys

PGamer

fucking juniors
sheesh, does this mean theres a possibility for Breath of the Wild unofficially on PC ?

Yes, there is a good chance that Breath of the Wild will eventually be playable in Cemu if not at launch. Both The Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD are already playable.

are there any plans for online functionality cause if im not mistaken Dolphin allows for multiplayer. it would be insanity to play Splatoon, Mario Kart and Smash online through my PC. what a time to be alive boys

As far as I know there are currently no plans for online functionality.

jediyoshi

Hey jediyoshi don't know if you saw already but your Cemu videos made it into Wired UK as well: http://www.wired.co.uk/article/wii-u-cemu-emulator-4k-games

Thanks for the heads up, hadn't popped up in my analytics yet. Bummer they went with two games that don't hit fullspeed yet.

Can it go to 8k?

I just wanna see how ridiculous those Bayonetta shots can get; those look great.

Yeah, the resolutions are arbitrarily set

https://abload.de/img/beonosn6.jpg

Does anyone have a xbox one controller config they can send or link me to download?

I can't seem to bind anything when trying to set my own up.

T5y3XWJ.png

In the second drop down, are you sure you're selecting your Xbox controller?

Soroc

In the second drop down, are you sure you're selecting your Xbox controller?

Yeah its the only option I have in the drop down. I think I fixed it though. For some reason until I hit the save button on the blank setup, I couldn't click into any keybind without it keybinding a trigger automatically. For some reason after saving a blank one, I can now set my own up.

Has anyone on the scene gotten the gamepad to work on windows yet? Would be awesome for some of these native gamepad games to work without some workarounds.

n0razi

If this can run BotW at 1080p 60fps, would it mark the first time an emulator has a superior version of the game at launch?

Roo

44U6EmX.jpg

Goes away when using gamepad controls

Cemu supports 8 players and 3 controller types (gamepad, pro, classic)

Man, for a split second I thought my eye floaters got worse when I looked at the background on the left side and my heart skipped a beat :(

Then I noticed it was the actual picture lol
Really nice shot.

Vuze

Anyone else feel like we should wrap up a compilation of the hidden "features" for cemu? Like the key combos (screenshot, tablet view, gyro...) and command line arguments.

I don't even know how people found out about them in the first place seeing how there is no read me that comes with cemu? Maybe I'm just missing something.

Stuff I know:

Arguments:
-f: Launch in full screen
-g %path%: Launch specified wux/wud/rpx

Key combos:
Tab (Hold): Show tablet view
Ctrl + Tab: Toggle tablet view
RMB (Drag): Simulate gyro input
Shift + PrtScr: Copy full resolution screenshot to clipboard

Shari

I can't run my Bayo2 rpx. It stays on loading (on the cemu window) indefinitelly while showing a blackscreen.

Has anybody had this problem before? Welp.

Vuze

I can't run my Bayo2 rpx. It stays on loading (on the cemu window) indefinitelly while showing a blackscreen.

Has anybody had this problem before? Welp.
Well, I'm still on 1.6.4b but Bayo 2 also hangs on a blackscreen for me (much like MH3U) after loading the rpx. Nvidia GPU btw.
I might just re-dump it.

Shari

Well, I'm still on 1.6.4b but Bayo 2 also hangs on a blackscreen for me (much like MH3U) after loading the rpx. Nvidia GPU btw.
I might just re-dump it.

Interesting. Also on nvidia GPU. Maybe is borked for us?

Im running 1.7.0b. This is the only game that doesn't run at all for me.

LilJoka

Yeah its the only option I have in the drop down. I think I fixed it though. For some reason until I hit the save button on the blank setup, I couldn't click into any keybind without it keybinding a trigger automatically. For some reason after saving a blank one, I can now set my own up.

Has anyone on the scene gotten the gamepad to work on windows yet? Would be awesome for some of these native gamepad games to work without some workarounds.

I have the X1 elite controller working wirelessly with Cemu for many versions.
If its not binding properly, delete the settings.bin file and try again.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I might just re-dump it.

Try changing the emulated controlled, I think one of them was doing the same for me, but I can't remember if it worked with the Gamepad or the Wii U Pro Controller.

jediyoshi

anyone having problems with xenoblade CX infinite loading after selecting new game?

After menus, before character creation? Hit start and skip the cutscene. The video cutscenes don't display properly and the game looks like it's hanging.

I've tried gamepad, people on Reddit were saying nothing you can do. I'll try again.

It's never displayed with gamepad 1.4.0 1.6.4

I find it preferable since it disables game pause when pulling up the inventory

Key combos:
Ctrl (Hold): Show tablet view
Alt + Ctrl: Toggle tablet view

That's tab and ctrl+tab

ACE 1991

Is perfect emulation for Windwaker HD/Twilight Princess HD achievable yet? I have a 6600K @ 4.4GHZ, 8GB or DDR4 ram and a 980 Ti.

Mifec

Is perfect emulation for Windwaker HD/Twilight Princess HD achievable yet? I have a 6600K @ 4.4GHZ, 8GB or DDR4 ram and a 980 Ti.

Yes, however the games will stutter occasionally as they're loading shaders for the first time, only happens once. Other than that they're perfectly playable.

Deku Tree

27-inch iMac with Retina 5K display
4.0GHz quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 4.2GHz
16GB 1867MHz DDR3 SDRAM
AMD Radeon R9 M395X with 4GB video memory

How will this iMac run Cemu?

Waikis

Mk8 is a bit stuttery and fluctuates between 55-60. Any idea on how to improve performance?
Spec 5820k @4.4ghz, gtx 1080.

PGamer

fucking juniors
And do you have to rip them? You can't just throw the real disk into the PC?

Yes. Most consoles do not use discs that are easily readable by standard PC drives.

27-inch iMac with Retina 5K display
4.0GHz quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 4.2GHz
16GB 1867MHz DDR3 SDRAM
AMD Radeon R9 M395X with 4GB video memory

How will this iMac run Cemu?

It should work. Although the best way to find out as always is to try it for yourself. Also note that there is no macOS version so you are going to need to be running Windows as well.

ej5wMP6.png

The power of 4k

It actually just crossed $5000 going off the up-to-date number from the Patreon page.

The cache stutters are the big ones that normally last for about second or more isnt it? The one that im experiencing is more of a micro stutter.

I have it too, it goes 57,60,57,60,57,60. It's not the caching for sure. I heard the original Wii U version had frametime issues, so it's probably that.

LilJoka

People are starting to compile the shader caches on Reddit, that'll mean we are getting very close to butter smooth emulation.

R/cemucaches

Top Bottom