• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cemu Thread: Emulating Wii U Games

What do you do about the levels that require touch screen? Actually is there a way I can use my Wii U controller on PC with full functionality?

You can hold tab or toggle with ctrl+tab to show the gamepad and use the mouse to click it, I have it set using a PS4 controller through Steam and whenever I touch the touch pad it shows the gamepad then whenever I click on the touch pad it acts as a tap.

UrbanRats

Ran Zelda again with a new Shader Cache, it runs better now, no more freezes, but the performance still isn't anything near "good" (worse than WiiU for sure).
And i did check the RAM and, indeed, it's constantly full, so that may be the culprit with Zelda (CPU stays at about 50% load).

UrbanRats

Specs? I'm getting generally full 30fps in Kakariko, though this performance isn't new

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_8NvaHv5qU

I posted them one page back.

i5 2500k at stock (though i can OC it back to 4.0)
8GB ram.
And i'm on Windows 7, assuming that makes a difference.

RAM gets filled up and stays that way all the way through, so i'm assuming that must be the main issue.
However other games i've tried also have significant drops, and don't fill the ram (Mario 3D worlds, DK Tropical Freeze).

dsk1210

8GB ram.

RAM gets filled up and stays that way all the way through, so i'm assuming that must be the main issue.
However other games i've tried also have significant drops, and don't fill the ram (Mario 3D worlds, DK Tropical Freeze).

You do not have enough ram to run it properly, it uses about 12gb of ram for Zelda.

Cpu is a bottleneck as well.

Cincaid

So what games on WiiU/Switch can I expect to run reasonably well on my machine? There are too many instances of "fighting" over the TV at home, and I really don't enjoy handheld mode that much.

i5 3570k
16GB RAM
GTX970

KainXVIII

So what games on WiiU/Switch can I expect to run reasonably well on my machine? There are too many instances of "fighting" over the TV at home, and I really don't enjoy handheld mode that much.

i5 3570k
16GB RAM
GTX970
I beat Super Mario 3D World on exactly same machine (minus 8gb of ram) without any major issues (only minor graphical, which may be fixed in newer version of Cemu, i played it on 1.7 or earlier version, don't remember)

Cincaid

I beat Super Mario 3D World on exactly same machine (minus 8gb of ram) without any major issues (only minor graphical, which may be fixed in newer version of Cemu, i played it on 1.7 or earlier version, don't remember)

Good to hear, and it seems a lot of games are RAM-demanding, so I guess I'm covered there. What about Switch titles, I assume I can't count on as good performance there?

UrbanRats

You do not have enough ram to run it properly, it uses about 12gb of ram for Zelda.

Cpu is a bottleneck as well.

Thanks.
Good to know what the problem is at least.

I want to wait until i switch to DDR4 ram to expand it though (which means changing MoBo and CPU), so for now i'll just wait it out.

jediyoshi

i5 4670k@4.3ghz
1080ti
16gb ram
Windows 10
CEMU isn't installed in a SSD

Definitely a problem somewhere in configuration then. The storage type that Cemu/the game is on isn't relevant outside of loading times. RAM's not an issue, that video was done with 8gb. Outside of drops, are you normally getting 30fps when not doing anything in particular?

Have you actually been testing it since then? Most sound glitches were addressed throughout 1.8.x :p

Here it is in 1.9.0 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd-QgM6MleU

Thanks, it looks really nice (no flickering, no annoying sounds) in that one, I will give it a try later.

I actually did test in all those versions, is the only game I test, lol, except the last 1.8.x and this new 1.9, and I had the same issues as here:
http://compat.cemu.info/wiki/Bayonetta_2
At least for me, the last playable (non horrible sound, except witch time, and no texture flickering was 1.7.something)

UrbanRats

Definitely a problem somewhere in configuration then. The storage type that Cemu/the game is on isn't relevant outside of loading times. RAM's not an issue, that video was done with 8gb. Outside of drops, are you normally getting 30fps when not doing anything in particular?

Jediyoshi, since you have 8GB of RAM, what CPU do you have, and do you use and graphics pack? Do those impact performance particularly hard?
That video looks very fluid compared to what i get.

EDIT: NVM, i saw the video description, so i'll try to OC the CPU and see how it fares.

h0tp0ck3t

8GB ram.

I'm late to this party but I have the same cpu and gfx card. Running 12gig ram and Windows 10 however. I definitely think it's the overclock. I can get 25-30 fps in XCX pretty consistently (i forget if I overclocked to 3.9ghz or 4)

Edit: Also probably unrelated but how are your core temps? I found out my terrible performance at first was my cpu overheating and needing new thermal compound

void666

Banned

In the wilderness i get 30 fps most of the time. I'm using 4k, high quality shadows.

Honestly i have this feeling that my rig isn't performing as well as it should.

In the wilderness i get 30 fps most of the time. I'm using 4k, high quality shadows.

Honestly i have this feeling that my rig isn't performing as well as it should.

what level of performance do you expect? from what i can gather the only people getting anything like a locked 30fps are those with overclocked kaby lake i7's.

UrbanRats

Checking in the BIOS, i do have the turbo-mode target at 4000MHz already, so it is already OCd at 4.0GHz.
Turbo Mode kicks in automatocally, no? Im kind of confused.
KloGEty.jpg
Temps, clock, and usage.

FPS varies a lot, goes from 15 to 30, but on average it hovers around 20 when more than one enemy is on screen, and a bit higher (24 to 27) when "nothing" is happening, if i stand still it gets to 29/30 though.
This is just after 5 minutes of testing though, i don't have time to test more, atm.

Eirulan

Hi,
I have not used this since 1.7.3(?) and wanted to play a little with my childs this morning so I don't have much time to do a proper research so my apologies in advance if this has been asked before :
Is it still possible to download the newest version and copy over the old files or has the internal structure of the emulator changed since then?
I used my own game configs, shader caches and cemuhook.

Thank you

Sentenza

It is, but you'll have to ditch your old shader cache folder entirely, since they recently changed how it works and there's no compatibility with the previous versions.

Eirulan

Oh. Ok.
I feared it would be like that :)
Guess i'll stay with the old version for today and figure out the update this evening ^^

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
You took a screenshot from the emulator in windowed mode, therefore it is not 4K.

I'd suggest taking a screenshot while the emulator is in fullscreen.

I mean if the graphics pack is 4K its still rendering in 4K, just a wee bit of downsampling going on ;)

You took a screenshot from the emulator in windowed mode, therefore it is not 4K.

I'd suggest taking a screenshot while the emulator is in fullscreen.

I tried, but just black screen, so I recorded with Shadowplay, but got no picture in Full Screen, so then I tried windowed. Technically, it's still 4K according to the image viewer I use.

famfrit

• Pre-Haswell CPUs are significantly worse in emulators in terms of IPC, much more so than in most other use cases. (Eg. normally your 2500k might by 20% slower per MHz compared to a 7700k, but in emulators like this it might be 50%)
  • With the way CEMU operates and current Nvidia OpenGL drivers it consumes a very large amount of memory. Did you check if you were running out of RAM? Paging would explain large freeezes.

Thanks for the clarification !

jediyoshi

I tried, but just black screen, so I recorded with Shadowplay, but got no picture in Full Screen, so then I tried windowed. Technically, it's still 4K according to the image viewer I use.

shift+print screen to copy the fullsize screenshot into your clipboard

I know people hate Gefore Experience, but I find it useful for taking PNG screens for non-Steam games.

Dario ff

Banned
Someone made an ultrawide patch for Mario Kart 8 that supports splitscreen properly on that graphic packs repository. UI stretch is the only issue.

cemu08.12.2017-11.36.nrzfi.png

cemu08.12.2017-11.39.wxz0j.png

I guess if someone modifies it to be 32:9 it could work as two individual screens for each player for people with multi-monitors and surround.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Someone made an ultrawide patch for Mario Kart 8 that supports splitscreen properly on that graphic packs repository. UI stretch is the only issue.

cemu08.12.2017-11.36.nrzfi.png

cemu08.12.2017-11.39.wxz0j.png

I guess if someone modifies it to be 32:9 it could work as two individual screens for each player for people with multi-monitors and surround.

A patch? I read about methods for widescreen 21:9, using cheat engine and specific values for various games. Might check this out today.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i'm trying to play BOTW but CEMU keeps crashing.

i have downloaded the shader cache and i got a warning saying my system was low on memory and asked if i wanted to close it. i have 16GB of DDR4 at 2666. ram usage was about 15GB.

when i load up BOTW the shader cache gets close to the very end and just crashes. i can't even get the game to start. i'm using cemu 1.9.0c. any tips?

Dario ff

Banned
A patch? I read about methods for widescreen 21:9, using cheat engine and specific values for various games. Might check this out today.
Cemuhook supports those kind of cheats automatically on graphic packs now. Extremely simple to use. Basically if a file called "patches.txt" exists on the graphics pack folder, it will apply the memory modifications necessary inside of it. No fiddling around with Cheat Engine or memory searcher needed.

Top Bottom