• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cemu Thread: Emulating Wii U Games

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So what are the main issues for BOTW on CEMU currently?

http://compat.cemu.info/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Breath_of_the_Wild

Known issues said:
FPS drops and stuttering
This can be fixed sometimes with a shader cache.

Missing textures
There is no fix for that yet.

Excessive amount of RAM used for shadercache on <snip> Intel GPUs
There is no fix for that yet.

Blocky artifacts in lava and other surfaces on Nvidia Maxwell & newer GPUs
This can be fixed by following this guide.

Enemy AI freezing
This can be fixed by enabling Full sync at GX2DrawDone() in the Debug menu
This should also fix random crashes at the cost of performance
Testing report (1.10.0f) said:
Using CemuHook And FenceHackSkip, In the Overworld you can play with 20-25 FPS, Shrines can be played in Stable 30 FPS. Some glitches with the textures, No crashes, FPS Drops when it generates shaders cache (10FPS)
Testing report (1.10.0f) said:
Using CemuHook, ShaderCache, FPS++ Graphicspack, 2560x1440, No AA, Contrasty, Higher Quality Shadows, and LWZX Crash workaround. In overworld it's mostly stable at around 30-45fps, with towns and villages dropping as low as 25fps. All shrines are a consistent 60fps. No crashes in 80+ hours of playtime, only a few minor graphical glitches concerning lava which corrects itself by looking at it with the scope. Running on nVidia drivers 385.69

LilJoka

ahh damn

I really should just say fuck it and go all in on PC BotW

I just did after putting it off for so long.
Totally worth it now, it looks and plays gorgeous. At worst I'm getting 40fps but generally 60 or close with a 7700k@4.8ghz. And with shader cache it really is very smooth.

One thing that isn't working - motion controls in the shrines. Some workarounds if you got a DS4 or android phone.

jediyoshi

There has been online play since like the first NES emulators.

That's netplay though, this is online through the game's actual online services.

One thing that isn't working - motion controls in the shrines. Some workarounds if you got a DS4 or android phone.

The built in motion controls are handled through right clicking and dragging on the screen with your mouse and/or using the mouse wheel.

LilJoka

That's netplay though, this is online through the game's actual online services.

The built in motion controls are handled through right clicking and dragging on the screen with your mouse and/or using the mouse wheel.

Yeah it's missing an axis as far as I can tell. Click and drag works to some extent, scroll wheel didn't do anything for me. I couldn't complete the shrine with the click and drag.

catabarez

Got the Gyro controls from my PS4 controller to work with Cemu. It's pretty great. I can't wait until the Switch Pro Controller gets a full driver so I can use that instead.

dsk1210

I just did after putting it off for so long.
Totally worth it now, it looks and plays gorgeous. At worst I'm getting 40fps but generally 60 or close with a 7700k@4.8ghz. And with shader cache it really is very smooth.

I used the fps++ (60fps) graphics pack but my game just runs faster than usual even outside the shrines, any idea what I am doing wrong?

MUnited83

For you.
Is breath of the wild 100% playable now with no issues?

As far as I'm concerned it's superior to the Wii U and Switch versions tbh. There's a minor issue here and there but the better framerate, 4K support and moddability make it the definitive way to experience it.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
is it possible to rip the BOTW patch from the wii u as well?
Is it possible to apply said patch in the emulator?

use Maple Tree to update your game.

________

Whoa so stupid amounts of RAM aren't needed anymore? I need to download the new driver then. I could never load the game with a shader cache and 16GB RAM. Gonna try this again! I was at the point of just buying a Switch to play BOTW.

EDIT: yes! i can actually load the game now with shader cache. what a difference it makes...well looks like everything is being put on hold so i can finally play this!

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
So i was playing Zelda for a bit. Done the first shrine and got a warning to close Cemu. Checked RAM and was only using ~12GB but when I left the shrine Cemu closed.

EDIT: never mind it seems i only had a 200-1024MB page file for virtual memory. set it to automatically manage it now.

Mr White

As far as I'm concerned it's superior to the Wii U and Switch versions tbh. There's a minor issue here and there but the better framerate, 4K support and moddability make it the definitive way to experience it.
This all true, but cemu don't have 5.1 audio spport, which really hurt experience

There has been online play since like the first NES emulators.

This is different. This is through Nintendo's servers using a file you have to rip from your own NNID Linked WiiU using homebrew, so you're basically playing online using your NNID just like a real WiiU. Dolphin I think is the only other emulator that does this. The other methods just connect two emulators together and emulate couch multiplayer on a direct IP connection.

Taggen86

How is zelda now? Played a couple of hours this summer (from the beginning to the zora temple), but I had lots of issues with the game so I chose to wait a couple of more months.
1. Is it possible to map the gyro controls to the sticks in zelda now? or are the gyro only shrines unable to beat without real gyro controls? How do you map the gyro controls to a ps4 controller?
2. How is the crashing? When I played it in july, it suffered from regular crashes. Some shrines crashed all the time for me (e.g. I could not complete the shrine in the zora palace due to crashes) ?
3. Do you still get those annoying rainbow textures covering mountains/rocks?

hlhbk

First let me post my specs:

Intel 4970k
16 GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 1080ti
Win 10 64 bit
Playing on a SSD
Cemu version 1.10 Have the 1080p, fps++, no anti-aliasing, high resolution shadows, lwzx crash work around, upscale filter is bilinear, gpu buffer accuracy is low, disable BOTW crash work around.

Currently my main focus is on Zelda BOTW. I have:

Downloaded probably about 10 shader caches

Deleted the precompiled shaders, and NVidia glcache folder each time and let the shaders compile. This appears to work fine, and the precompiled shaders are around 530 mb after they compile.

Turned off multithreading in the Nvidia control panel for the cemu executable.

Looking at videos online the freezing seems to be the shader cache, but it doesn't make sense since I am using a cache others have used without issue. I don't want to suffer through building my own cache because then the game is borderline unplayable.

When the freeze happens my entire computer is unresponsive including the mouse. If I watch the task manager the cpu never goes above 25% usage, and I am only using 9 gb of my 16 gb RAM. I have also moved my page file off my SSD drive to a normal drive.

I am truly at a loss for next steps. Looking for advice please!

How is Tropical Freeze nowadays, are the graphical glitches fixed? I deleted my dump of my HDD to free some space and I wonder if it's worth to re-dump by now.

Jinroh

I've been playing Tropical Freeze lately and it's pretty much perfect. There are a few hiccups here and there but it's probably linked to caching.

hlhbk

First let me post my specs:

Intel 4970k
16 GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 1080ti
Win 10 64 bit
Playing on a SSD
Cemu version 1.10 Have the 1080p, fps++, no anti-aliasing, high resolution shadows, lwzx crash work around, upscale filter is bilinear, gpu buffer accuracy is low, disable BOTW crash work around.

Currently my main focus is on Zelda BOTW. I have:

Downloaded probably about 10 shader caches

Deleted the precompiled shaders, and NVidia glcache folder each time and let the shaders compile. This appears to work fine, and the precompiled shaders are around 530 mb after they compile.

Turned off multithreading in the Nvidia control panel for the cemu executable.

Looking at videos online the freezing seems to be the shader cache, but it doesn't make sense since I am using a cache others have used without issue. I don't want to suffer through building my own cache because then the game is borderline unplayable.

When the freeze happens my entire computer is unresponsive including the mouse. If I watch the task manager the cpu never goes above 25% usage, and I am only using 9 gb of my 16 gb RAM. I have also moved my page file off my SSD drive to a normal drive.

I am truly at a loss for next steps. Looking for advice please!

PSA for people having the issues I described above. After hours of research and troubleshooting I figured out what was causing my issue and it was hyperthreading on the CPU! Under CPU in Cemu go to affinity, and set it to use the even cores. Once I did this no more stuttering and everything was smooth!

It's strange in all of the places I looked I never saw someone having the same issue.

catabarez

Got the switch pro controller to work with Cemu using this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07413R4HS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Rumble even works with it! You just need to tweak it a little because of the HD rumble. I'm hoping they can figure it out how to implement the gyro like the DS4 and Steam controllers.

You can also hook up DS3, DS4, and Wii U Pro controllers. The Wii U Pro controller seems to rumble nonstop as soon as it activates even after updating the firmware. Hopefully Mayflash can address this.

Top Bottom