• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cemu Thread: Emulating Wii U Games

jediyoshi

1.12.1 Preview video

Does it work without problems ? Can you finish game ? Does it crash ?
No games work without problems, so I'm not sure what's the level of issue you're looking for is specifically. I'm not able to finish the entire game every single new version, so unfortunately I can't answer that.

Littlebig101

Neo Member
Does it work without problems ? Can you finish game ? Does it crash ?

Xcx crashes on 1.12, 1.11.1, 1.11.6, tested by me on i7 6700k, gtx 1060, ws 10 x64 1709, i lost timeee a lot to find out the only good version above 1.7.5, is 1.10.0d, google it....i doubt will be fixed soon, freezes is the biggest problem for games, of course are some bugs in older builds, but better than crashing my game. I play like 40h with no crash, 1080p graphic pack, problem i have is - collectible range dont work for me, rest seems ok, idk why is this happenning. I tried 3 packs from github, also no one said what ''common'' vs ''uncommon'' do....sry my bad eg, im not native. Btw im at chapter 4, but i lose time grinding other members cause i dont know when i will need them......and take a lot of time that...

Last edited:

amigastar

How is emulation of Zelda BoTW? I know that i can't reach full 60 fps on Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, will Zelda run better (i have an I7 2600k and GTX970, 8gb ram) since it only needs 30fps?

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Banned
It runs like a damn dream dude. No reason for a switch. Except cemu 1.12.0d made it tank my fps to 24 something. Not sure whats going on as i still get 60fps in older version of cemu

Littlebig101

Neo Member
Runs like shit get a switch

You stab the poor guy ''in the back'', lol, of course a game on a console runs almost perfect vs any emulator, but lets admit that price on Switch is high, is only my personal opinnion, also Nintendo make some miss and hit with memory stick and ''force you'' to buy them only from them, excuse my reply but I CANT stand this, i mean man, Ps4 pro is like 100E more, and you can compare those 2 ? remember that aside power, ps4 pro or even older one is ABOVE, Nintendo has bad habit to abandon old console after the new one appear, i mean titles. At least on Sony side, we know that not the case. So no, Switch is not for me at this price, maybe 250E maxim i give them for that piece of hardware....and to be more specific, what about memory to stock games ? are years now that ps3, xbox 360, ps4, xone HAS INTERNAL storage - but not with Nintendo..... i pass for now. The only good side of Switch will be some few exclusives, thats all.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
You stab the poor guy ''in the back'', lol, of course a game on a console runs almost perfect vs any emulator, but lets admit that price on Switch is high, is only my personal opinnion, also Nintendo make some miss and hit with memory stick and ''force you'' to buy them only from them, excuse my reply but I CANT stand this, i mean man, Ps4 pro is like 100E more, and you can compare those 2 ? remember that aside power, ps4 pro or even older one is ABOVE, Nintendo has bad habit to abandon old console after the new one appear, i mean titles. At least on Sony side, we know that not the case. So no, Switch is not for me at this price, maybe 250E maxim i give them for that piece of hardware....and to be more specific, what about memory to stock games ? are years now that ps3, xbox 360, ps4, xone HAS INTERNAL storage - but not with Nintendo..... i pass for now. The only good side of Switch will be some few exclusives, thats all.
Switch has sold for 250 on occasions.
Get a old wii u ( great for emilating 15+ systems)
Those can be bought for under 100 then pay 35 for zelda on sale.

Littlebig101

Neo Member
Xcx crash in 5 min today, 1.12.1 - adios and good bye, i revert back to my old 1.10.0d. Beside that crash, he even lag like every few seconds, ty Cemu team for big ''improvements'' done.....game froze that you cant close Cemu, must be done from task manager, if you re lucky....

nkarafo

Runs like shit get a switch
Actually, it runs better on CEMU. On Switch there are many instances where the game crawls. All these instances were steady 30fps, no stutters at all for me on my 4670. It's a bit tricky to achieve smooth fps with not a hint of microstuttering but it's doable, i did it, and finished the whole game with almost no drops. You just have to setup properly.

And of course, you get all the extras like higher resolution, AA, better anisotropic filtering, etc.

When i played the game on a friend's Switch it felt like a downgrade. The only thing CEMU doesn't have are some minor particle effects in some areas (like the Deku Tree area).

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Actually, it runs better on CEMU. On Switch there are many instances where the game crawls. All these instances were steady 30fps, no stutters at all for me on my 4670. It's a bit tricky to achieve smooth fps with not a hint of microstuttering but it's doable, i did it, and finished the whole game with almost no drops. You just have to setup properly.

And of course, you get all the extras like higher resolution, AA, better anisotropic filtering, etc.

When i played the game on a friend's Switch it felt like a downgrade. The only thing CEMU doesn't have are some minor particle effects in some areas (like the Deku Tree area).
stop lying thank you

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
How is emulation of Zelda BoTW? I know that i can't reach full 60 fps on Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, will Zelda run better (i have an I7 2600k and GTX970, 8gb ram) since it only needs 30fps?
I almost have the same setup as you (2600K/8GB Ram/GTX 1080) and can tell you that BoTW has a better framerate and superior image quality in CEMU than on WiiU. I use a graphics pack that locks the framerate at 30 fps. It will occasionally dip below there, but not nearly as much as on WiiU. Remember this is running at a much higher resolution. I think I was also using the 4K graphics pack. As for DKTF, iirc the WiiU version is 720p/60fps and although you get better image quality in CEMU, it won't perform at a solid 60fps (at least not for me) at any resolution. IIRC there were some levels (the mine cart levels) where the framerate was cut in half. So DKTF has some issues on CEMU but it is fully playable and runs at 60 fps for 90% of the game. BTW - if you're going to be playing BoTW, make sure you use a DS4 controller and DS4Windows as some shrines require the tilt function.

jediyoshi

Have you actually tried it? That sounds like more than plenty. I could run Tropical Freeze on my i5 750 / gtx 970 at 4k back on ancient builds with dips to mid 50s, so I'd assume it'd only be better now.

Xcx crash in 5 min today, 1.12.1 - adios and good bye, i revert back to my old 1.10.0d. Beside that crash, he even lag like every few seconds, ty Cemu team for big ''improvements'' done.....game froze that you cant close Cemu, must be done from task manager, if you re lucky....
Try upgrading directly next time so you're making use of a transferable cache, the stuttering from shader compilation is something that's not going away on modern emulators.

Littlebig101

Neo Member
Have you actually tried it? That sounds like more than plenty. I could run Tropical Freeze on my i5 750 / gtx 970 at 4k back on ancient builds with dips to mid 50s, so I'd assume it'd only be better now.

Try upgrading directly next time so you're making use of a transferable cache, the stuttering from shader compilation is something that's not going away on modern emulators.

A think one version of Cemu for one game is better in future...

Last edited:

Littlebig101

Neo Member

Sry for double post, i wanted to reply to previous user and i cant do it -

Sry mate, you in late with the news, i update the vid text, 1.12.1 has other bugs on Xcx beside random freeze, also one of my friend test it and he has same problems, sound is louder but GLITCHES are more, camera stuck near main one time and i exit Cemu cause i never got that bug, lag and stutter are more. The good part is Tokyo Mirage seems to work, but i dont test it myself, i play only 1 game once until fin, so FAR 1.10.0d NEVER crashes on me, im over 60h in game....and 55 was on 1.10.0d.

The part i dont like is that...main char cant get all arts, by ex if you go ahead on some tree, you get on final one - and you revert back on another maximed, arts and skills i think cant be learned, only on last one if youre max on that tree.

Last edited:

jediyoshi

And here is the proof that 1.12.1 is worse or im the biggest badlucker in world, is 50 min vs 7 or 10 of yours.

Great, send me your save and I'll record 51 minutes of footage which I guess is all it takes. Open Cemu, right click the game in the games list, hit 'Save directory' and package those files.

W

Whataborman

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone tried Tokyo Mirage Sessions yet? How does it run?

jediyoshi

Anyone tried Tokyo Mirage Sessions yet? How does it run?
Runs full speed. Minor graphical issues like bugged DOF during scripted scenes and bugged shadows.

maeLGIJ.jpg

hPSexqm.jpg

b0bbyJ03

I decided it's finally time to play BoTW on Cemu. Does anyone have a guide that can walk me through the set up? Is there a good place to get a shader cache?

Littlebig101

Neo Member
Great, send me your save and I'll record 51 minutes of footage which I guess is all it takes. Open Cemu, right click the game in the games list, hit 'Save directory' and package those files.

I already posted in my vid, is easier for me - random freeze can OCCUR anytime, for me was even after 5h, i have 7 on 1.12.1 - so is RIP capisci ? and with 73h on board at 1.10.0d, you make score. Problem was you ignored what i say about other problems Xcx has now on 1.12.1, that look you occasional gamer at most.

BTW - Tokyo Mirage i didnt test it, but more users acuse bugs with textures and sound....and you didnt respond in my chat....

Last edited:

thexfactor2020

Neo Member
I have a Intel Nuc Mini PC which I use for emulation. The graphics card is Intel Iris Plus 650 and when I try to run CEMU with Vulkan driver, it tells me that Vulkan Driver is not supported, even though Intel Driver states otherwise. Can someone help me getting Vulkan to work?

mcjmetroid

Does anybody still use this thread? I need help with an issue with CEMU.

I need help installing an XBOX one controller to CEMU.
I'm dying to use the emulator. I got a new PC but unfortunetly no controller I use will connect. I tried a Switch Pro controller using the 8Bitdo dongle and a wired Xbox controller with the latest firmware but no luck.
My Xbox one controller works fine with other emulators and PC games, it's just CEMU. Any idea what's going wrong for me?

Kenpachii

check if BSoD Gaming has a video about controllers with cemu on youtube. That guy covers everything.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

I take it this isn't really monitored anymore? I also have a problem with Cemu.

In SM3DW I am using the Graphics Pack to run it at 7680x4320 and it runs great on my GPU (GTX 1080) with no drops under 60 but I have a combo of weird problems.

If I have V-sync set to triple buffering then the game eventually starts stuttering, partly due to the GPU usage spiking to 100% and causing a momentary frame drop but also even when its not even maxed out there are synchronisation stutters. If I switch to double buffered V-sync then these problems go away and its really smooth all the time but now its really randomly shows black bands across the screen in the lower third and nearer the top, its as if a tear is happening (because the band isnt totally uniform it has jagged edges) but everything below the tear is pure black. If I pause the game and unpause the black band either moves or disappears.

I thought it was an OC artifact from my GPU running itself too hard with 120% power limit but when it happens the usage is nowhere near maxed, like 70%.

I don't know if its caused by the double buffered v-sync, the graphics pack, the Vulkan render, experimental a-sync shader compilation or even just the Cemu build itself.

PLEASE HALP lol.

Does anybody still use this thread? I need help with an issue with CEMU.

I need help installing an XBOX one controller to CEMU.
I'm dying to use the emulator. I got a new PC but unfortunetly no controller I use will connect. I tried a Switch Pro controller using the 8Bitdo dongle and a wired Xbox controller with the latest firmware but no luck.
My Xbox one controller works fine with other emulators and PC games, it's just CEMU. Any idea what's going wrong for me?

Did you install Cemuhook? I don't really know exactly what its for but it says its involves input on the official page for it so its worth a try if you don't have it.

I just had to copy the contents of the zip to my Cemu directory. This is the guide I followed to setup Cemu:

Last edited:

Anki

Banned
I am using ryzen 1200 to run cemu games, i started playing zelda and i am getting around 40fps on the open world map and 60fps in the dungeons.
If i upgrade my cpu to ryzen 3600 would i gain more fps?

Edit btw, i am running mario kart at 4k 60fps 😃

Last edited:

alucard0712_rus

Gold Member
I am using ryzen 1200 to run cemu games, i started playing zelda and i am getting around 40fps on the open world map and 60fps in the dungeons.
If i upgrade my cpu to ryzen 3600 would i gain more fps?

Edit btw, i am running mario kart at 4k 60fps 😃
How much cores Ryzen 1200 have? Cemu will benefit greatly from multiple cores/threads. You can use triple-core recompiler on 3600 and its recommended setting.

sunnysideup

Banned
This is hands down the best emulator out there. Everything runs super smooth. Especially considering how modern wiiu is. Its almost better than the real thing.

How did they do it?

The way its set up is genius to. With few general settings and more in-depth settings menu for each game. You can even install all games. Every emulator should be like this.

Last edited:

SantaC

This is hands down the best emulator out there. Everything runs super smooth. Especially considering how modern wiiu is. Its almost better than the real thing.

How did they do it?

The way its set up is genius to. With few general settings and more in-depth settings menu for each game. You can even install all games. Every emulator should be like this.
For a while two people got 40K a month to develop this.

Last edited:

Shakka43

Nintendo emulators in general seem to be ahead of the rest, Dolphin and Cemu are fantastic, Yuzu has made incredible progress in little time and then there is also Citra and Drastic is which are pretty great too.

Sentenza

For a while two people got 40K a month to develop this.
To be fair they started getting a lot of money on Patreon only because they already proved that they could get impressive results in relative short times.
They had BotW running at launch day, playable a couple of weeks later and closer and closer to perfection for every passing week since then.

They also somehow managed to make the "HD" versions of Twilight Princess and Windwaker look and perform far better than the same titles on the far more mature Dolphin emulator in the process.

SantaC

To be fair they started getting a lot of money on Patreon only because they already proved that they could get impressive results in relative short times.
They had BotW running at launch day, playable a couple of weeks later and closer and closer to perfection for every passing week since then.

They also somehow managed to make the "HD" versions of Twilight Princess and Windwaker look and perform far better than the same titles on the far more mature Dolphin emulator in the process.
I guess closed development process is the way to go

Starwind Amada

Neo Member
Not like anyone will respond but when I try to load the Star Fox Zero WUX file it says the game is encrypted and something about opening a .txt file.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
There are multiple keys for SF Zero. Have you tried them all?

031c2228777b77fc6afbf8ec7f0a2e84 # Star Fox Zero [EUR, WUD]
5948a2bbf54a79000763735082657215 # Star Fox Zero [USA, WUD]
8d7b60329366f6eb99fe6e985a34d236 # Star Fox Zero [JPN, WUD]

853ce1e8c4b559512239d26c43a3b28b # Star Fox Zero [USA]
1d875c00ba65ef249713c0648d98ee0e # Star Fox Zero: The Battle Begins + Training [USA]
7889f45fb0442e96302787e6518fa760 # Star Fox Zero [USA, Patch]

5a5b939f9c8bb1879f2189e7b66fb51f # Star Fox Zero [EUR, NUS]
031c2228777b77fc6afbf8ec7f0a2e84 # Star Fox Zero [EUR, WUD]

Last edited:
Top Bottom