• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Century: Age of Ashes Beta (Invitations, Steam Beta Access etc)

rubhen925

The beta is live on Steam now. You can request access through the Steam game page -

If you get access, they send an email that give you access. This is what it looks like:

JxnMXJv.jpg

This beta includes access to 3 classes:
1) Marauder
2) Vanguard
3) Phantom

There are a couple modes to play with such as team deathmatch, capture the flag etc. Seems fun. There's a ton of unlockables, and progression related stuff. Even a store where you can use the earned currencies (Gold and crystals) to purchase new customization options and even new dragons. You can even get eggs that you can hatch to get new dragons. Not sure how long the beta is, so get on it!

Here is my first match with the Phantom Class, which uses invisibility as the main ability.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
They really needed a less super generic title on this thing. This is probably the fourth time I've gone "oh, the dragon game"

Larxia

Just tried it and I really, really like it.

The gameplay is nice, It controls very well, I first, by instinct, tried to play it with keyboard and mouse, but I found that it feels better with a controller, as the game doesn't require precise aiming.
The sensations are really good and it's a lot of fun.

One complaint though is that I mostly played the beginner mode so far, which is a single map with 6 players, and this was really cool and ran perfectly, but then I tried to play in the normal mode, where it's 12 players on a bigger map, and the framerate was in the 40s, it felt really bad and sluggish.
I'm not sure if the game works that well with that many players, it felt very rough and confusing, but maybe that's also because it was running badly.
I hope the performances will be improved (my gpu and cpu weren't used to the max at all so I'm not really sure about the issue, and there aren't graphical options yet).

Basically, it has a really solid base and it's something I could love, but it needs some improvements and it will depend on what they do with it. The type of game modes that the game will have will really decide if the game as a whole is great or not, because the core gameplay is really nice (and the visual presentation as well).

Last edited:
Top Bottom