• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CES January 5-8 2006 - will we see the next big PS3 news?

ziran

update:
Sony Moving To Main Show Floor At CES:
...For the first time in a decade Sony will be on the main exhibit floor of International CES, with what it claims is the “largest booth at the show,” which will encompass all of the company's divisions...

CES website

...The 2006 International CES has a lineup of more than 100 conference sessions designed to help educate attendees on the latest consumer electronics industry trends during the 2006 International CES, January 5-8 in Las Vegas, Nevada...
CES highlights

Howard Stringer is going to deliver a keynote address.
..."Sony is one of the largest and most influential consumer electronics manufacturers and entertainment companies in the world, with a broad range of quality products," said Shapiro. "For the sixth year in a row in the annual Harris poll, consumers rated Sony as America's Number One Brand. As the newly installed global head of Sony, Howard is a natural choice for the 2006 International CES keynote program and we are thrilled to announce his participation."...
with stringer stating an early 2006 launch, discussed in this thread, ces 06 looks like the next stop for major ps3 info.

jan 06 could be an amazing month!

Wollan

Howard Stringer is going to make speech? Megaton!
Sony buys Apple, Ubi and Konami. Kuturagi beats down Allard in toilet and piss on him.

GeoramA

Good to hear. Sony cancelling their keynote at TGS was puzzling to me. Plus with the final PS3 dev kits out in December, we should see a bunch of kick-ass stuff

Izzy

Banned
Yay for the bloody CES revival!

> CES January 5-8 2006 - will we see the next big PS3 news?

Not only PS3 news. I think you'll be surprised by the level of PS3 presence at the show. ;)

Izzy said:
Not only PS3 news. I think you'll be surprised by the level of PS3 presence at the show. ;)

clap28gy.gif

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Izzy said:

did you mean

Not only PS3 news ?

If Sony are launching in spring, they need to be out there at a big show before E3.

Amir0x

Banned
Izzy said:

Did you get new info? Didn't you say in the PSM issue thread that the part about PS3 having a significant presence at CES seemed fake?

Izzy

Banned
Amir0x said:
Did you get new info? Didn't you say in the PSM issue thread that the part about PS3 having a significant presence at CES seemed fake?

Yes i did - as a matter of fact, it sounded VERY suspect. Ridiculous even. But now my lips are sealed. ;)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
PSM reported CES as a point of interest for PS3, but it's not on the timetable Sony announced for PS3 info/events back at The Playstation Meeting. According to it, the next stop (or next significant stop, at least) would be the Playstation "convention" they're going to have in Feb..

Amir0x

Banned
Izzy said:
Yes i did - as a matter of fact, it sounded VERY suspect. But now my lips are sealed. ;)

Just trying to keep up with all the BIBLE CODES in this forum. It's kind of difficult these days :p

Razoric

Banned
Hmm to the insiders of the forum (massive and izzy i'm lookin at you) should we expect any PS3 news from the Sony camp before Christmas? :)

Izzy

Banned
gofreak said:
PSM reported CES as a point of interest for PS3, but it's not on the timetable Sony announced for PS3 info/events back at The Playstation Meeting. According to it, the next stop (or next significant stop, at least) would be the Playstation "convention" they're going to have in Feb..

I'm not a huge fan of PSM, but they really nailed some of the info in the latest issue...

Top Bottom