• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2013 |Bowl Games| FSU IS BACK BABY, JAMEIS HEI5MAN, & GATAS IN THE TOILET BOWL!

Which site had DeLoss stepping down? Was one of those and then UT denied it only for it to then happen

The problem is that the 9.95s all report the same story about once every 6 months (or did, anyways):

1) Mack Brown is not the head coach anymore
2) Realignment
3) Deloss is stepping down

I am going with luck rather than actual reporting.

With college football almost over, I'm canceling cable again.

It's become a yearly tradition for me. I love it. I celebrate saving all that money by traveling to whatever bowl game at which the Gators play.

...fuck...

But, yay, cut that cord!

Sabans,Urbs, Shaw have to be top candidates.

Dont see Urbz leaving, other 2 are maybes, i really cant see Saban leaving bama for another college though.

I don't think he'd leave now. Maybe in two years. Allegedly Texas and USC were his top two jobs after he quit for the millionth time at Florida.

I know that the "Jimbo to Bama" talk is somewhat tongue in cheek, but he doesn't have any connections that I'm aware of to that university. And I don't see why Texas would be a better job than Alabama, or why Alabama would be a better job than Florida State.

I get that money is money, and maybe Texas can afford more than anybody, but I don't know that Alabama can spend more than a Florida State or any other high level school. And certainly, the road to success is easier at FSU. Florida State has no trouble recruiting (just look at the roster, for one), and the ACC isn't loaded with heavyweights.

Pretty sure he despises Bama's board after Bear Jr fucked up his UAB head coaching shot.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
haha ESPN ranks the Alamo Bowl matchup as a better bowl game than the Fiesta Bowl. More bitter tears and shots at UCF from Baylor fans incoming

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10112150/every-bowl-game-ranked-1-35

I didn't believe that Tech has only played Arizona State once before this season until I looked it up. Amazing to think that they were both in the same conference for 25 years (1932-1956) and didn't play each other a single time. For three of those years the conference only had 6 teams in it, for the next six years it only had 7 teams, and for the remainder it only had 9 teams.

Apparently in a lot of those early years out of a 9 game season some teams would only play a single in-conference game. Crazy.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
The problem is that the 9.95s all report the same story about once every 6 months (or did, anyways):

1) Mack Brown is not the head coach anymore
2) Realignment
3) Deloss is stepping down

I am going with luck rather than actual reporting.

Too late; The $9.95s already went with Luck (as your new AD) a while back.

@DanWolken This just popped into my email box: Family of Jameis Winston accuser is having a press conference Friday morning in Florida.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Maybe it's too early, but I'm going to mark it down for December 2014: Saban to Texas and He Gone will be brought back for another round.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Any Memphis guys got recommendations for good dinner spots in east Memphis?

I'm not sure we have any Memphis CFBers, but I thought I'd ask.

jjasper

Any Memphis guys got recommendations for good dinner spots in east Memphis?

I'm not sure we have any Memphis CFBers, but I thought I'd ask.
Dude I live in memphis. What kind of food you looking for and how far out east are we talking?

pxleyes

Banned
The guy down at the 7-11 just told me he knows a guy who has a cousin who is married to his 2nd cousin who is on Saban's staff. SABAN TO TEJAS CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mre

Dude I live in memphis. What kind of food you looking for and how far out east are we talking?

I'm staying out near Poplar Drive, I think? Just had lunch at a Chipotle near a Target.

Local food. I like to eat dinner at recommended local eateries, as opposed to that half-assed burrito from Chipotle.

mre

First, they red-shirted players.

Then, they grey-shirted players.

Now, they're blue-shirting players:
“Officially, a player arrives in the summer as a walk-on. Once football practice begins, he’s awarded a scholarship. The school is allowed to count the scholarship forward — against the 2015 class — but the player can play immediately. There’s a big catch: The student-athlete may not have been recruited, as defined by NCAA bylaws. That means no official visit to campus, no in-home visits from coaches, no signed National Letter of Intent or athletic aid.”

@DanWolken This just popped into my email box: Family of Jameis Winston accuser is having a press conference Friday morning in Florida.

I hope it is a civil suit. I am not saying Jamies is not innocent but I'd rather see a proper trial than what has gone on so far.

There are not much worse crimes than sexual assault and I don't agree with celebrities being treated any different than non-celebrities when it comes to the law. If she wasn't accusing Jameis, I feel there would have been a more prompt and thorough investigation by the authorities than what happened because of the accused's fame.

In respect to Saban going to Texas, I would like that. The more teams that compete for national championships, the better it is for the fans.

Talon

Dantonio is making $1.9 million/year.

Hugh Freeze is going to make $3+ next year.

Open up that checkbook, Sparty.

jjasper

I'm staying out near Poplar Drive, I think? Just had lunch at a Chipotle near a Target.

Local food. I like to eat dinner at recommended local eateries, as opposed to that half-assed burrito from Chipotle.

Ok I know where you are.

1.Corky's: On poplar which is one of the BBQ places. A lot of people like it but I think is somewhat overrated near there and if you are going to get BBQ I would go somewhere else.
2. Gus's Fried Chicken: Probably the best local fried chicken is kind of close. Would have to drive down poplar a little ways to get to it but is worth it. On Mendenhall
3. Las Delicias: On Quince. A good taco place
4. Brooklyn Bridge: Pretty good Italian place on poplar towards Germantown
5. Memphis Pizza Cafe: Hippie pizza place. On Park.
6. Hog and Hominy. Has weird pizzas and some other food. Also has a back patio with a completely different menu. Really good and recently written up in the New York times.

I would go to Gus's or Hog and Hominy. Google maps says each is like 3 miles from that Target.

Edit: And loopholes! If Butch gets all 30+ on campus I will most pleased.

mre

Ok I know where you are.

1.Corky's: On poplar which is one of the BBQ places. A lot of people like it but I think is somewhat overrated near there and if you are going to get BBQ I would go somewhere else.
2. Gus's Fried Chicken: Probably the best local fried chicken is kind of close. Would have to drive down poplar a little ways to get to it but is worth it. On Mendenhall
3. Las Delicias: On Quince. A good taco place
4. Brooklyn Bridge: Pretty good Italian place on poplar towards Germantown
5. Memphis Pizza Cafe: Hippie pizza place. On Park.
6. Hog and Hominy. Has weird pizzas and some other food. Also has a back patio with a completely different menu. Really good and recently written up in the New York times.

I would go to Gus's or Hog and Hominy. Google maps says each is like 3 miles from that Target.

Edit: And loopholes! If Butch gets all 30+ on campus I will most pleased.
Excellent! Thanks! Is Gus's "real" fried chicken or is it along the same lines as Zaxby's?

cashman

Banned
Shaggybevo is melting down.

lolskxu7u.png

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
:jnc at the length of the "Fuck you Mack Brown" and "Thank you Maxk Brown" threads.

Also :jnc at the start dates of both threads. "Fuck you Mack Brown" was running for over a week (beginning before their final game was even played) before "Thank You Mack Brown" was started.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
heh, looking at Brown's record, and he can be 1 season away from being the all time winningest coach in Texas history. 167 to 158.

Can, but not will.

Bravo Bevo

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
@Gil_Brandt Just told by source Nick Saban in contract negotiations w #Alabama for extension in $7M/year range.

I, for one, would be SHOCKED if Sexton used a big job opening like this to negotiate his client a big extension at his current school. SHOCKED.

Top Bottom