• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Charlie Bean (Lego Ninjago) Directing Live-Action 'Lady and the Tramp'

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
AND it's coming to Disney's streaming service!

Lego Ninjago Director Tackling Live-Action 'Lady and the Tramp
Bean has closed a deal to helm the live-action/CG hybrid remake of Disney’s animated classic, Lady and the Tramp.

Brigham Taylor, who worked on the studio’s remake of The Jungle Book, is producing the project, which is looking to be made for Disney’s digital streaming service that will launch in 2019.

Bean is a longtime animator who has written on Dexter’s Laboratory and Samurai Jack and directed 18 out of the 19 episodes of Disney XD’s Tron: Uprising before making his feature debut with Ninjago.

kunonabi

There is pretty much no chance of this being as good as the original.

Still, cant be worse than the beauty and the beast remake.

Codes 208

I mean, i loved dexters lab and samurai jack, but i cant help but feel the meeting for these frequent remakes went something like this

Disney CEO: Okay guys, we've used just about every popular fairytale but we need new ideas. Weve already bought marvel and star wars...

Patrick: why dont we take all of our golden age animations and make them into live action films!

Disney CEO: thats...just crazy enough to work!

Top Bottom