• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| We Need To Go Cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anything decent from Amazon's boxing day stuff? I could swear that the Band of Brothers bluray went up in price a little if anything.

Wii u premium 32gb 250 eur... Should i bite?
I don't really care about the console ATM, but i Doubt it will end any cheaper 2 years from Now...
Nintendo seldomly price drop their console lest their sale performance is shitty as hell...
Advice?

Is there anything you want to play for it right now or do you want to just get in for the Wii U ambassador program?

Binabik15

UK PSN money cards, where to buy? I have an UK account for my Vita, because I thought I'd get cheaper PSN stuff and maybe DLC for imported retail games, but getting cards is a pain in the ass.

UK PSN money cards, where to buy? I have an UK account for my Vita, because I thought I'd get cheaper PSN stuff and maybe DLC for imported retail games, but getting cards is a pain in the ass.

You don't need to get cards, you can just pay with your credit cards. Much more simple.

Celine

Wii u premium 32gb 250 eur... Should i bite?
I don't really care about the console ATM, but i Doubt it will end any cheaper 2 years from Now...
Nintendo seldomly price drop their console lest their sale performance is shitty as hell...
Advice?
That's a great price for a Premium for sure.
I would bite, actually I have bitten at 299 euro a few days ago.

Btw where is this offer?

Binabik15

You don't need to get cards, you can just pay with your credit cards. Much more simple.

Really, even if the address on my card is in Germany?

That, uh, might not be good for impulse buys, hehe. I'm immune to Steam, since I have most stuff, but there are so many PSP games I want on my Vita.

Rolf NB

Wasn't there this new thing where you could charge your wallet via Paypal? Or was that US only, I forget these things...

Start here:
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb
Login with your UK account, check your wallet balance and see if there's an option you can use to charge funds.

SwedeGAF: The Secret World is only 29 SEK (~$4.45) on Elgiganten: http://www.elgiganten.se/product/spel-konsoler/pc-mac-spel/PCCDSECRETWOR/the-secret-world-pc

Additional 19 SEK (~$3) for shipping. Seems like this is pretty popular, so I could order a bunch of copies for $5 each to you who are not able to grab it, send me a PM if you want it and I'll see what I can do.

Note: Non-Steam and no region restriction.

Speaking of cheap games for SwedeGAF, Brink is on CDON for consoles for only 19 SEK. It shows up as 99 SEK but it decreases to 19 SEK once added to cart. That game must have bombed to oblivion cause I don't think I've ever seen a shooter drop to 19 SEK on PS3/360. In fact, I've barely ever seen any console game for 19 SEK at all. I was planning to buy (free shipping too) but decided not to.

Strife91

Speaking of cheap games for SwedeGAF, Brink is on CDON for consoles for only 19 SEK. It shows up as 99 SEK but it decreases to 19 SEK once added to cart. That game must have bombed to oblivion cause I don't think I've ever seen a shooter drop to 19 SEK on PS3/360. In fact, I've barely ever seen any console game for 19 SEK at all. I was planning to buy (free shipping too) but decided not to.

I'm not getting free shipping.

Edit: Bought that shit. I don't even think I will like it. lol

You can combine the offer with a voucher. Just enter Christmas or Xmas2012

gilljoy

Just reserved pokemon white at my local pcworld for £4.91 not a bad price and I've been wanting to play it for ages.

Edit:

Does anyone know if game / HMV are having any good instore sales planned?

I'm not getting free shipping.

Edit: Bought that shit. I don't even think I will like it. lol

You can combine the offer with a voucher. Just enter Christmas or Xmas2012

Oh yeah, like I said I could have gotten free shipping. Every student (be it Gymnasium, Högskola or University) gets free shipping on CDON and Discshop. In this case free shipping is actually worth more than XMAS2012, but yeah, that's the code to go with if you're buying items for at least 30 SEK.

Anyone know where I can get the best deal on a 12 month live sub? Average seems to be £29.99

£24.99 in blockbusters apparently. the catch is you have to buy one game along with it but people on hot deals have said you can buy one of the cheaper titles - £1.99 and still get the deal.

they also have a 20% off sale on, so if you're after any specific games, you can get that cheaper and get a cheap sub along with it.

Why is it so difficult to order from their site, for security they need my CC info, I put that in and then it asks me for another £1, from my bankaccount.

They don't want to lose their customer's CC data once more?

You can use Paypal btw.

Edit: isn't shipping to EU £3 or so at Shop2? (so more than what they want for CoE)

They don't want to lose their customer's CC data once more?

You can use Paypal btw.

Edit: isn't shipping to EU £3 or so at Shop2? (so more than what they want for CoE)

Yeah I used paypal, but they needed the adress on my CC. Btw forget what I said, I went ahead and ordered from them. It was an awkward process and wouldn't want to use them again.

Why is it so difficult to order from their site, for security they need my CC info, I put that in and then it asks me for another £1, from my bankaccount.

Don't know why that is, the only time they've asked me that and charged £1 was when I added a new card or updated my current one.

Now it's just click checkout, packed and sent within 5 minutes.

jimi_dini

It was an awkward process and wouldn't want to use them again.

They did a "security change your password every 2 months bullshit", I couldn't recall my old password (had it saved via firefox), so I tried 3 or 4. This locked me out of my account. Now I requested a replacement password via e-mail. They sent me that password via email IN PLAINTEXT and then asked me to change my password. I tried that and then they asked me for a secret answer, that I entered maybe 5 years ago or so. I couldn't remember that either. Then tried to contact support, no reply at all for 2 or 3 months now. I'm locked out of my account that way (unless I request a temporary password every now and then), so I guess they don't want to take any orders from me.

I've never ordered from shopto before but there are a couple of things I want at nice prices comparable to Amazon UK (who wont send games overseas :( ).

Anyone got international experience with shopto? I got the option for first class tracked (£10) or first class not tracked (£3), is the tracked one worth the extra?

derExperte

I just bought BF 3 Premium for 12,88€ at GMG with GMG30-DPLIM-DN831 and I think it's a mistake I could add it to my cart here in Germany because the price won't show on the product page or the Top 10 for me. Which normally means a game is region restricted.

Henke

Was this posted? Batman Wii U for 22 Euros here

Yoink! Cheers for posting that. :)

Anyone know what their delivery is like in the UK and whether or not it was worth me spending an extra quid on first class postage?

Seems it has gone back up to £32 though. Glad I bit at £18...

Phinor

I just bought BF 3 Premium for 12,88€ at GMG with GMG30-DPLIM-DN831 and I think it's a mistake I could add it to my cart here in Germany because the price won't show on the product page or the Top 10 for me. Which normally means a game is region restricted.

It's not a mistake. GMG isn't allowed to sell EA games with euros to europeans, but they are allowed to sell them with pounds. Gamersgate has a similar problem, for example.

Also, fantastic price for the Premium content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom