• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| With Or Without EU

image.php

Nice thread we've got going here.

I'm pretty happy I got Quantam Break for Steam for 20.99 instead of Steams 29.99. That £9 makes a difference.

Sorry if it's been asked, but any amazing deals on PS Move controllers? Trying to get all my shit in place for VR in a few weeks.

Tizoc

...aaaaaaaaaaaaand subscribed!
Last I checked base.com has a sale on PS4 and various other games.
Check their PS4 and 3DS pages regularly for pre-order with some decent discounts.

I would add http://www.idealo.co.uk/ to the OP, I find it much more useful than find-game or other alternatives for comparing prices.

It doesn't list some stores, like shoppe two, but generally it's pretty comprehensive

Done! It is a good site. Thanks for reminder.

Perhaps you can add to the Zavvi paragraph, that for mainland Europe it's also really variable as to whether or not you have to pay import taxes. Usually they refund taxes in credit for the store, but that's still a hassle.

Can you give some more information of this. I have no personal experience with this happening. What is the approx charge people are hit with?

Can you give some more information of this. I have no personal experience with this happening. What is the approx charge people are hit with?

In the past there always was a risk that zavvi ships from the Channel Islands / Jersey instead of mainland UK, so packages would be subject to ~20% import tax + fees depending on country. I was never hit with it myself so I don't know how prevalent it is. Also zavvi doesn't have good prices anymore anyway :p

Tizoc

365games has 7th Dragon 3DS and SMT4 Apoc 3DS for preorder for under GBP 30. I recall a GAFfer mentioned this in the last thread so I'm just bringing it up here for those unaware.

Eolz

I would add http://www.idealo.co.uk/ to the OP, I find it much more useful than find-game or other alternatives for comparing prices.

It doesn't list some stores, like shoppe two, but generally it's pretty comprehensive

A good thing with idealo is that they have regional websites too. Can be useful to do the same thing with french stores, german stores, etc.

NewDust

I'm trying to refind the source, but from memory, a few months ago, on the dutch budgetgaming board users where hit left and right with taxes, because some packages where either send outside the E.U. or there was some lapse in the customs law between EU and channel islands. Might also be a customs fuck up of course. used to be 21% vat over goods and shipping + customs fee. Can't find the sources and nothing recently is reported, so maybe the issue no longer exist.

I hardly use zavvi now, as their prices suck recently. And the things I order, are beneath the taxable minimum.

In the past there always was a risk that zavvi ships from the Channel Islands / Jersey instead of mainland UK, so packages would be subject to ~20% import tax + fees depending on country. I was never hit with it myself so I don't know how prevalent it is. Also zavvi doesn't have good prices anymore anyway :p

I'm trying to refind the source, but from memory, a few months ago, on the dutch budgetgaming board users where hit left and right with taxes, because some packages where either send outside the E.U. or there was some lapse in the customs law between EU and channel islands. Might also be a customs fuck up of course. used to be 21% vat over goods and shipping + customs fee. Can't find the sources and nothing recently is reported, so maybe the issue no longer exist.

I hardly use zavvi now, as their prices suck recently. And the things I order, are beneath the taxable minimum.

Actually, now I think about it, a lot of Zavvi's recent deals are almost all Blu Ray. Not games. Personally that's all I bought from them this year anyway. I might as well just remove the OP mention completely. That OP quote is just a holdover from the previous thread.

edit - It's gone (I never liked them much anyway, even if they did mistakenly send a few of us a free Vita once)

MQX

New thread? Subscribed.

Also. I have a question about Simply Games. Don't know if there are members here that have used Simply Games before, but live in Europe. Is the shipping (rates) more the same as Zavvi? Or the same as TGC/Amazon?

I've seen some great deals from Simply Games in the past. But Simply Games is not a familiar place for me when I put it next to Zavvi and Amazon.

Saoshyant

Also. I have a question about Simply Games. Don't know if there are members here that have used Simply Games before, but live in Europe. Is the shipping (rates) more the same as Zavvi? Or the same as TGC/Amazon?

£2.50 for shipping one item last I used them.

daxy

Deals, deals, deals!

Pepper.com is pretty legit for local offers.

DutchGAF: Gamemania has a pretty sweet deal going for Wii, DS, and PSP games. 15 euros for three used games that aren't priced higher than 15 (used).

RiggyRob

Great title.

You could also add what the best way to buy US PSN and cheap PS+ is to the OP since I know that gets asked a fair bit.

Saoshyant

And have you received the game/item 1-2 week after it got shipped like Amazon/TGC? Or 2-4 weeks like Zavvi?

Maybe two weeks tops, don't remember, but don't think it took too long or I'd have remembered. We only remember the bad things after all. It's a human trait.

Speaking of, the one complaint I have about Simply was when I tried to ship to the UK to my mule* instead of directly to me -- they put a lock on my order demanding all sorts of identification and I was like WTF.

*a "mule"? Yeah, I'm an addict and to buy a million game things on ebay and UK retailers, I have most of it sent to a friend who then puts it all in one or two big boxes saving me immensely on shipping. If you need to do this sort of thing though you are an addict and you should be ashamed... Don't end up like me.

LewieP

In regards to the OP, yes SavyGamer is just me for the most part, but I do occasionally get support from one of my elves.

Deals aren't "missed" though, that's just my patented curatative method in action.

looking forward to further depreciation of the GBP

=( some of us has to eat

Sorry if it's been asked, but any amazing deals on PS Move controllers? Trying to get all my shit in place for VR in a few weeks.

I got mines from game.co.uk, I just refreshed their page once a day until one day they had stock, and order 2 for £10 =) (used of course)
If not cex got them at ~£8 each some time ago

SomTervo

Looks like I've claimed post catorce.

Post fourteen?

YES to thread

PS wrt "paying more to get games early", it's worth adding to OP that you can often order Tuesday release games from SimplyGames.com on the Thursday/Friday before and ask for "Special Saturday delivery" and get them on Saturday. It costs £20 more but I've done it twice and it is great getting a whole Saturday night to play.

Post fourteen?

YES to thread

PS wrt "paying more to get games early", it's worth adding to OP that you can often order Tuesday release games from SimplyGames.com on the Thursday/Friday before and ask for "Special Saturday delivery" and get them on Saturday. It costs £20 more but I've done it twice and it is great getting a whole Saturday night to play.
I can't tell if you're joking or not.

Post fourteen?

YES to thread

someone needs to freshen up their French skills :D

The thread title is a reference to a U2 song. U2 wrote another song called Vertigo. Go listen to the intro of Vertigo.

Top Bottom