• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Surround Sound Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sullichin

Help, GAF!

I need to listen to The Downward Spiral in surround sound - the dualdisc CD side with enhanced stereo is great, but i'd love to get the 5.1 mix. I'd figure it would be worth it for me to get a 5.1 dobly system for this and considering the new album will be released in surround as well.

I want a cheap system, but it has to be.. not shitty. :p I don't need a DVD player with it, as long as I can attach the system to my current DVD player, or TV, whatever. Something that plays SACD in surround would be preferred, but not nessacary.

I see some REALLY cheap ones on eBay - but I assume they suck?

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
I want a cheap system, but it has to be.. not shitty. :p

DOES...NOT...COMPUTE. Look into some 5.1 Logitech or Creative speaker solutions for your PC. It'll probably be the most affordable route and still sound decent.

Get an amp and good front speakers now, buy rear and midle speakers and subwoofer when you can afford them. You can use any old speakers as rear speakers till then.

how much are you looking to spend here

Go-Video makes a dvd player+VCR combo that comes with 5 speakers and subwoofer and has Fiber Optics in, decodes DTS, DD, PL, and PL2 and I think it's like 250 watts for 200 - 250 bucks

I have one myself since I dont have a huge room so I dont need an assload of watts, plus it does that 250 watts at 8 ohms so everything is really nice and clear sounding, does MP3 playback, only thing I dont think it does is VCD playback

but anyway yeah I've been really happy with it and for the size of my room it fills it with sound really nicely, ohh and the dvd player fully supports progressive scan, and widescreen output, has componet and S-video output for the DVD player regular composite for the VCR

hmmm trying to think of any other important info

but yeah works great and Ive been really happy with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom