• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CHIKARA: Action Arcade Wrestling (currently on IndieGoGo)

C-Drive

R1pnbbU.png

Just wanted to post up a thread to give a heads up here on GAF that the IndieGoGo for CHIKARA: Action Arcade Wrestling is at it's midpoint. Didn't see a thread, and I know there are fans of the original Xbox Indies Action Arcade Wrestling titles.

Link to the IndieGoGo

Quick Facts:

Videos:

Over on fpwarena (for disclosure I am a moderator over there), Dave Horn answered a few questions about the game:

How many moves per wrestler planned?

Well, there will be 10 grapple moves, plus run strikes, irish whips, submissions, finishers, top ropes. Maybe 30 - 40? ish?

Will their be some kind of Logic Programming for wrestlers?

Yeah' we're actually doing the A.I. now

Will their be Attributes Points Assigned to Offense & Defense like No Mercy or Fire Pro Wrestling?

No - it'll be an arcade game.

Can we designate Specials & Finishers?

yep - well really we just have finishers. A special would just be one of the grapples

So their will be 10 front & 10 back grapple moves planned right?

5 weak grapples, 5 strong grapples

Please correct me if I am wrong but we can only designate only one Finisher per wrestler right?

No, 1 top rope finisher, 1 grapple finisher, one submission finisher, 1 irish whip finisher, and 1 running down finisher

Will different moves & strikes do different amount of damage?

Any Logic planned for Tag Teams & Tag Team Finishers?

Haven't started tags yet

For example using the Road Warriors can we designate which member of the tag team will perform which part of the tag team move?

No, the person tagged would be the one going off the top rope

Can we program Animal to always lift his opponent on his shoulders & Hawk to always climb the top rope and perform his Flying Clothesline to complete the Doomsday Device??? And program them to go for the pin after performing their tag team finisher?

Well that would be their tag team finisher. Then they'd pin if the energy was low

Will the game support the Microsoft Xbox One Controller & can we remap the controls if we like?

Yes and Yes.

Are the number of CAW slots limited in-game or just limited by the amount of memory available? Could it be infinite so-to-speak? And if not that - what's the limit on slots in-game?

Limited by memory

How many levels of Difficulty will their be?

Can we adjust the Height & Weight of wrestlers?

don't know yet

Will their be Weight Detection of some kind?

If I work over a specific body part will my opponent submit? (Ex. repeatedly applying the Figure Four Leg Lock to opponent legs)

How many Strikes per wrestler? How many Weak & how many Strong?

We'll be getting into that later

I know they are 5 Weak & 5 Strong Grapples. Will we be able to choose any 5 moves from the entire move list for Weak Grapples & not be limited like they limit you from choosing what moves you want for Weak Grapple moves like they limit you from choosing in No Mercy & Fire Pro Wrestling?

some are designated as weak, strong, or both

Will all the moves from No Mercy be in the game?

Can you Block Strikes & Grapples?

Yes I'll show off the defense later

Will their be Taunts?

How many outfits are we looking at for wrestlers?

Still debating on outfits vs. just making duplicates of wrestlers and changing their appearance and moves. Because a lot of times, when a wrestler changes outfits, he or she changes / adds moves as well. Know what I mean. So we'll flush that out more when we really start into the CAW.

So take Undertaker vs. Biker Undertaker. Different outfits, but different movesets as well. Or Hollywood Hogan vs 80's Hogan. Same thing. Icarus, Batiri, etc.

So I want everyone to know that I'm making these decisions not only from a technical standpoint but also from a wrestling fan perspective.

(various questions regarding textures)

Well the interesting thing about the textures is that we might (not decided yet) just have you import 1 texture. That takes away the need for color change, transparency, positioning, etc. and gives you MUCH more flexibility.

So it's almost like "easy" modding. So you do all of the logos, colors, placements, etc. in Photoshop or a paint program (we'd provide templates) and get the texture exactly how you'd want it. Then slap it on the model in our program and see how it looks.

Probably different textures for masks, pants, capes, etc.

We're looking into the lightmaps, bumpmaps, etc., but really it might not be noticeable with the cel shading.

Again, we're not married to anything right now, but that's kind of what I'm thinking.

Will there be the ability to turn off the fireball or grenade animations?

Good question. Those are actually just grapple moves. No different than a Suplex. It's not like you press down, forward punch to do a fireball. So if you don't want them, you just don't assign them to any wrestlers. But, if you happen to make Superman or Kano or someone and want him to have an eye laser grapple move, it's there :)

Will there be a physical edition of the game for consoles?

No physical release - download only.

I'm not familiar with indieagogo so if by some small chance this doesnt reach goal, do we get a stripped down version of the game or a better luck next time?

Good question about the goal. IndieGoGo lets you keep every dime you get. So literally every single dollar pledged just pushes up the release date. Since we're working on it in our spare time, any money we raise allows us to work on the game more and get it out sooner.

CAWS limited by memory means this is a must-have for me, so I am in. Hoping to also see a tournament option in there. After all, what is a Chikara game without a King of Trios tournament?

The Trios match is in. Probably wouldn't take too much to make it a tourney.

delSai

Thanks for the bump, haven't seen this one yet.
I'm always up for alternatives to the WWE games and i like Chikara, gonna keep my eyes on this.

Top Bottom