• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child Abuse Scandal in UK grows to implicate MPs, celebs - Update Posts #900/#1100

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokyDave

I bet we haven't even seen the tip of the iceberg yet.

Makes me wonder if this is connected to the fact that the BBC seemingly buried Kieran Prendiville's incredible 'Care'. I bet it made more than a few people uncomfortable.

I can remember mutterings along these lines when he went on BB, but not exactly what they were.

This is interesting, from October 5th:

http://www.ccs-rochford.co.uk/spivey/?p=6251

There's a lot of really greasy smoke here, but I'm still a little unsettled by the number of "secret paedophile" allegations being thrown at prominent gay men. It smacks a bit of an opportunity to smear them ("'cos everyone knows gay men are all paedos, aye?") but there have been some fairly odd things reported and alleged in certain high political circles for a long time.

If it's true, it's going to get very, very messy - we're talking Catholic Church-level corruption and abuse here, at least - and if it's not, the accusations and smears are going to be almost as bad.

The boil needs lanced, though.

Dabanton

I bet we haven't even seen the tip of the iceberg yet.

Makes me wonder if this is connected to the fact that the BBC seemingly buried Kieran Prendiville's incredible 'Care'. I bet it made more than a few people uncomfortable.

Not even started yet. this goes from the bottom all the way to the top. In this particular case I suggest people go and read up on North Wales Child Abuse Tribunal

It's alleged on other sites that Laud got a lot of kids used at his 'parties' from welsh care homes.
He also liked to holiday with Lord McAlpine, Peter Lilley and Michael Portillo...

Lord McAlpine is a very interesting individual indeed. Well worth reading up on.

There's a lot of really greasy smoke here, but I'm still a little unsettled by the number of "secret paedophile" allegations being thrown at prominent gay men. It smacks a bit of an opportunity to smear them ("'cos everyone knows gay men are all paedos, aye?") but there have been some fairly odd things reported and alleged in certain high political circles for a long time.

If it's true, it's going to get very, very messy - we're talking Catholic Church-level corruption and abuse here, at least - and if it's not, the accusations and smears are going to be almost as bad.

The boil needs lanced, though.

Yeah that struck me as well. But most of them are 'out' so smearing them as gay would have little effect. The sad thing these stories have been around for years but got buried for whatever reason it's only because of the savile thing and the internet that 'they' can't stop the flow of information spilling out all over the place.

Wilbur

Banned
Can't wait for 1970s Assassins Creed 4 with Jimmy Saville as Grand Master of the Templars.

Pathetic decision if Newsnight have pulled it, whether 'forced' or not. If there's a fucking paedophile ring in the echelons of British media then smokescreens and deception just doesn't cut it I'm afraid. Our legal system baffles me at times; it did with the Giggs injunction and it has even more so with this.

Can't wait for 1970s Assassins Creed 4 with Jimmy Saville as Grand Master of the Templars.

Pathetic decision if Newsnight have pulled it, whether 'forced' or not. If there's a fucking paedophile ring in the echelons of British media then smokescreens and deception just doesn't cut it I'm afraid. Our legal system baffles me at times; it did with the Giggs injunction and it has even more so with this.

Superinjunctions are utterly worthless in a day and age where social media is so prevalent.

Dabanton

You know the really sinister thing is how most of the shall we say 'party organisers' or better yet 'procurers of children' have strong links with both Mrs Thatcher and the Royal family.

Savile and now Laud.

Yeah that struck me as well. But most of them are 'out' so smearing them as gay would have little effect. The sad thing these stories have been around for years but got buried for whatever reason it's only because of the savile thing and the internet that 'they' can't stop the flow of information spilling out all over the place.

Yeah, I know what you mean. However, with the recent case with the gay man (can't recall his damn name - it was on Heresiarch's Dungeon, and many other UK blogs though) involved in prosecuting policemen who was chased regarding (consensual, legal, if odd and extreme) sexual practices, there's still a feeling that mudslinging about gay men can still do damage, even if they're not closeted.

The other person being named as the subject of Newsnight's investigations...

2ae85d1bd42c5f78b6bc5c7d3f68579ddd42ca94.jpg

I've edited the photo to protect his identity in case it's not him.

Salvadora

hmm...
A lifelong bachelor, Smith told You magazine: "I haven't had a lot of time for courting women ... I've tended to be married to politics".
Allegations that in the 1960s he had spanked and sexually abused teenage boys in a hostel that he co-founded, and that the matter was investigated by police but not pursued by prosecutors, were made in May 1979 by a local underground magazine, the Rochdale Alternative Press. The story was repeated in the same month by the national satirical magazine Private Eye. No public denial or legal action ensued, but after Smith's death the allegations were denied by his family.[

strobogo

Banned
You know the really sinister thing is how most of the shall we say 'party organisers' or better yet 'procurers of children' have strong links with both Mrs Thatcher and the Royal family.

Savile and now Laud.

Has Alex Jones said anything about this case? I can definitely hear a sniveling, snarling "rape your children and you will LIKE IT ARUUUUGGUGGUGUGUHHHHGU" meltdown.

Dabanton

The children in these homes up and down the country that were raped and mentally tortured were let down by consecutive labour and conservative governments. Probably because it would bring down a whole heap of them.

defunct magazine Scallywag covered events at Bryn Alyn in detail, some years ago.

The magazine alleged that one of the men referred to is Lord McAlpine, at the time of the offences treasurer of the governing Conservative Party. Another regular participant in the activities at Bryn Clwyd was alleged by Scallywag to be Derek Laud, for years a leading mover and shaker in successive Conservative administrations.

Scallywag alleged that Laud was a sadist, who was particularly violent and without mercy in his treatment of the boys. The magazine alleged that on regular occasions his victims would end up in casualty wards. He was a leading political fixer and adviser to Margaret Thatcher although never an MP, indeed he was pictured waving down to the crowds below from an upstairs window of 10 Downing Street as the Conservatives celebrated their 1988 election victory.

The former children connected with this empire of evil who died in mysterious circumstances may have been murdered by the British security services, the price of their silence their lives. Scallywag alleged that MI5 used to take foreign diplomats etc to the North Wales homes, give them boys to "play" with, secretly filmed them as they buggered, abused and tortured boys then kept the tapes as evidence.

From the Scallywag website:

Michael Brown is one of the very few Conservative MP's who volunteered to "out" himself as gay. Derek Laud, now standing for parliament, (against Bernie Grant in North London) ran a Pimlico PR agency called Ludgate Communications for a number of years which supplied young boys for selected parliamentarians from children's homes now being investigated in North Wales. He sometimes did this in cahoots with Ian Greer Associates which has since been scandalised because of the Neil Hamilton Affair and payment for questions on behalf of Al Fayed.

Ludgate Communications was at the very hub of our investigation into the "boys for questions" allegations. At his Pimlico flat, and selected addresses in Dolphin Square nearby, Laud threw paedophile parties and we have one sworn affidavit from a former boy (presently giving evidence in Wales) who claims he was seriously molested (among many others) by Lord McAlpine who was at the time the Tory party's clandestine fund raiser. It was alleged by this boy and others that Messrs Portillo and Lilley were also guests of Derek Laud. We are assured that this particular volcano is about to erupt, both in North Wales and elsewhere. Michael Portillo has always publicly disassociated himself from Derek Laud, yet here we find him not only acquainted but seemingly in the inner sanctum of private friends.

Salvadora

Lord McAlpine

Former treasurer of the Conservative party.

He is known to the police in the UK and abroad, for sexually abusing young boys, including using a coffin to put the boy in, then simulates burying him by sprinkling gravel on the top of the coffin. The child is screaming with terror and will do whatever he is told due to being so scared of being put in the coffin again. This person is alleged to have murdered at least 2 boys and buried their bodies on his estate. This information from a police officer who was involved in investigating McAlpine, and he is certain that he has committed murder several times, but he is too well protected to get him.
Please don't be true..

Wilbur

Banned
Thank you. Reading that stuff had me in disbelief.

Not saying its untrue - first I've heard of it was today but following the Saville story I'm inclined to believe pretty much anything - but Icke thinks Al Gore and Kris Kristofferson are reptiles you know? If I want cold hard proof of something he's pretty low on my go to list.

Intrigued how it all plays out though, if all this information has been floating around for a while there's probably something in it.

Wes

venison crêpe
Remember that time everyone watched Question Time because it had Nick Griffin on? I have a feeling Newsnight will be much like that this evening.

What scares me is that I am not particularly disturbed by this. I expected the victims to be much younger and the sexual acts more horrific. I am disturbed that I am not very disturbed. But that's because this story doesn't surprise me. Guys like Savile are everywhere. They use their power and influence to manipulate others while skirting the boundaries between acceptable and unacceptable. They don't get caught because their behaviours, while perverse, manipulative, and destructive, don't appear criminal to many onlookers. Hence why there were so many rumours about him being a molestor or a pervert or a creep but very few people going to the authorities. I would hope people like Savile get reprimanded more nowadays than they did in the past, but they still very much exist and are a reason why it is not uncommon for women to have been molested, date raped, or otherwise taken advantage of at some point in their lives, particularly when they are young. This sort of thing happens with males as well.

tumblr_les25rAq8K1qefq55o1_500.jpg

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom