• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child of Light | Co-op trailer, European Deluxe Edition (PS3/PS4/PC), cross-buy

Between this and Valiant Hearts, I have a growing appreciation for Ubisoft's willingness to fund "risky" projects that are largely subsidized by its big annual franchises.
Playing devils advocate for a minute. Games like these could be seen as the big guys muscling in on the indie scene.

Ironjam

Playing devils advocate for a minute. Games like these could be seen as the big guys muscling in on the indie scene.

Why is that a bad thing though? As long as the games are great it doesnt matter.
OT: Really hoping for a late Vita port, if not then ill buy the PC version most likely. Game is gorgeous and really happy Ubisoft are doing these smaller games. FC:BD and CoJ:G were great and this + Valiant Hearts look really promising.

Why is that a bad thing though? As long as the games are great it doesnt matter.
OT: Really hoping for a late Vita port, if not then ill buy the PC version most likely. Game is gorgeous and really happy Ubisoft are doing these smaller games. FC:BD and CoJ:G were great and this + Valiant Hearts look really promising.
No don't get me wrong I'm all for good games no matter if they come from big publishers or little indies. The Devil's advocate bit was just a thought about a lot of gamers here feelings about Big "AAA" publishers bringing down the industry around their ears and the plucky indie being the saviours of gaming.

And I'm to disappointed that there's no Vita version.

Ricker

They dont show any battles in co-op mode...will the co-op showed be a different part of the game...? or will you be able to co-op as the little guy and help by healing or buffing during battles as well in the campaign game...?

jacobeid

Banned
Day 1. Probably PS4 so I can remote play. If it came with a disc I'd go with this version. Instead I'll go digital.

Between this and Valiant Hearts, I have a growing appreciation for Ubisoft's willingness to fund "risky" projects that are largely subsidized by its big annual franchises.

Add Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon to this list.

wrowa

I can't believe they got Amano to draw artwork. That poster looks amazing.

It's also the only part of the CE I really want, but I'm too frightened that it might be folded and as such worthless. :(

Sotha_Sil

Nice to see one of Ubisoft's main studios making a smaller game. Hopefully it sells well and entices some other groups to work on similar projects.

zeopower6

I can't believe they got Amano to draw artwork. That poster looks amazing.

It's also the only part of the CE I really want, but I'm too frightened that it might be folded and as such worthless. :(

Maybe ask at the Facebook or something to get clarification?

Also it must not have been cheap to commission Amano O_O

Tizoc

Told my brother to pre-order the PC ver. from Shopto, will check with him later to confirm on that.
I won't be getting it by release date as I live outside UK, but that Amano piece fucking sold me X_X

Tsunamo

Wow, I wasn't expecting an Amano piece of art, nice bonus to go with the game.
Crossbuy's also really nice even though I probably wont be playing it on both platforms.

Tizoc

So it just occured to me...
The PC ver. offered in this deluxe edition is most likely going to be just uPlay with no Steam code XD

Ecto311

Seen this trailer on the xbox one looking for a new game. Damn it looks good and with a daughter thats getting more and more into games this should be really interesting to play with her and watch her learn.

Zomba13

Does anyone know if the PC version uses Uplay? I assume it does being a Ubisoft game but it's £2 cheaper on PC than PS4|PS3.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Had completely missed this game, looks and sounds beautiful. As long as nothing changes with the cross-buy of physical deluxe version I will definitely pick that up, I know it is just listed under PS3 on Amazon for whatever reason which I might just fall back ordering from, but does anyone know of an online shop where I can order and pay now instead of just before release?

Tizoc

Oh I didn't notice that, does this make it at least 1 Pound cheaper than Shopto? Might use Amazon UK in this case, if they can ship to my country and not Aramex.

Top Bottom