• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzurri

It's fucking crazy how fast the world works on these outbreaks.

Just think like 20-30 years ago how different it would be. Hell, look at SARS that was only 17 years ago, and that was handled like shit, now it's GO GO GO.

Meh, the Virus genome was just mapped by a Chinese team and posted to public medical boards for international teams to start working with. The SARS genome took 20 months to map due to limited computing power and nobody bothered to create vaccine as the outbreak was over by then; this one took mere days to map. We will have vaccine very soon that will target all 24 strains of this outbreak. An Australian team is already fabricating its own prototype vaccine.

Further details pertaining to patient zero seem to suggest that some Bats spread this to some farm animals and it then got spread to a person.
it is how fast they move these days with DNA mapping damn. I'm sure they will try to rush this out the NIH is working too

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
The US is experiencing a flu crisis at the moment. 6,000+ perished in latest flu season which is a record. Maybe focus on addressing that instead...
That is normal.

Mr.Tickles said:
Influenza may cause bad cold symptoms, like sore throat, runny nose, sneezing, hoarseness, and cough. But in the United States alone, 36,000 people die and more than 200,000 are hospitalized each year because of the flu. During the 2017/18 flu season, flu activity has significantly increased throughout the majority of the country with the A(H3N2) viruses predominating so far, according to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). A(H3N2) virus-predominant influenza seasons have been associated with more hospitalizations and deaths in people age 65 years and older as well as young children. It's not too late to get a flu shot. Even if it doesn't prevent you from getting the flu, it can decrease the chance of severe symptoms.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe don't patent the virus in future and claim ownership over it. Just a thought.

It's a new normal, an accepted normal. An unnecessary loss of life normal. Nobody needs to die. Free seasonal flu shots for everyone.
It mostly affects kids and old people.

Maybe don't patent the virus in future and claim ownership over it. Just a thought.

It's a new normal, an accepted normal. An unnecessary loss of life normal. Nobody needs to die. Free seasonal flu shots for everyone.

these pharmas patent everything but we don't have to go all tinfoil hat about this shit, it is a stupid way to attack China

DNA virus weapons could just affect on race of people if they really wanted to do that type of thing. The Science is there if you really want to be evil. Why create something that is so easy to cross borders and come bite your own ass?

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
these pharmas patent everything but we don't have to go all tinfoil hat about this shit, it is a stupid way to attack China

DNA virus weapons could just affect on race of people if they really wanted to do that type of thing. The Science is there if you really want to be evil. Why create something that is so easy to cross borders and come bite your own ass?
So that you could sell the cure.

Mistake

Some of the cleanest and hygienic food prep in the world, certainly cleaner than in the west. They have to wear face masks in fast food outlets for example. And a monthly ranking system that has to be publicly visible regulates cleanliness of every single legal food shop. The three rankings are great, mediocre and poor. So you always know where you're eating. Both of these are missing in the west. Ironically, you're the oblivious one.
I'm going to start this off by saying that I own a cleaning company in the US, and I've been in China for a number of years off and on. Those grades don't mean shit. Cleaners use the same mop on squat toilets as they do with the floors, which they just drag along with them (I call them slugs.) A cleaner that visits houses also does the same with toilets, counters, and floors. There's a widespread belief that chemicals are bad, so most of the time only water is used. So news flash MrBullshit, just because something looks clean to you, it's probably not. Seriously. What. The. Hell. Are. You. Talking. About. As a business owner in this particular area, and a person with common sense, I encourage everyone here to further disregard this propagandist. Because I am

I'm going to start this off by saying that I own a cleaning company in the US, and I've been in China for a number of years off and on. Those grades don't mean shit. Cleaners use the same mop on squat toilets as they do with the floors, which they just drag along with them (I call them slugs.) A cleaner that visits houses also does the same with toilets, counters, and floors. There's a widespread belief that chemicals are bad, so most of the time only water is used. So news flash MrBullshit, just because something looks clean to you, it's probably not. Seriously. What. The. Hell. Are. You. Talking. About. As a business owner in this particular area, and a person with common sense, I encourage everyone here to further disregard this propagandist. Because I am

Yes, tell us all more facts, self appointed primary source on the matter, who happens to be yet another American shitting on everything China. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

bronk

Banned
TEnwxZl.jpg

Mistake

Chairman Tickles Chairman Tickles oh, you're right. I don't know how to do my job. I'm sorry. Why am I even in this line of work I know nothing about? I'll give you credit where credit is due. I am not afraid to give praise if it's deserved either. But in this particular case it's not. If you want me to go out with a camera I will. Maybe I can show you all the trash they leave on the great wall, or the rancid mops I know nothing of either. Recognizing your faults is how you grow stronger and improve your quality of life. That is my wish for China and other countries. Education is strength. Turning a blind eye gets you nowhere

Last edited:
Keep your China inspired night-scares wet dreams to yourself. We real talkin' right now. Anecdotes are the desperate man's argument.

I can give you evidence of the same trashy food prep environments in any US or Australian eatery then generalize until the end of time based on that. Or maybe you want examples of French restaurants in Paris poisoning customers with bad meat. But those would just be more anecdotes serving an agenda. Given the amount of food eaten and the number of people eating it, you'd think according to your all encompassing generalization that millions would be suffering from food poisoning on a daily basis (they don't). The food standards are very good overall because the faults were recognized and dealt with. Same reason China's construction industry is the safest in the world, despite over 50% of all global construction taking place there. In the past it wasn't, and the problems were dealt with so now workers don't have to die building high rises.

Last edited:

Mistake

Chairman Tickles Chairman Tickles Which is the only thing you've also been doing, every time you post. Take your own advice
Also, I think I finally got an insult on china out of you. China inspired wet dream....hmm, as if I'm hoping for something nice for the good of those people....and you're not.
Edit: I've seen one armed construction workers and open welds on the street with no eye protection. Nice try. I don't know about that kind of thing either, because I "wasn't" taught to oxyacetylene weld in high school.

Last edited:

Cato

Banned

They turn you away when you show up at ER coughing blood?
That does not sound good.
Well it is fucking china. Their healthcare and hospitals are probably shit to start with.

Last edited:

Ma-Yuan

Seems the Virus originated in Bats, like Ebola. Some poor sob got dracula'd. So all that talk of muh exotic street food was as usual, fake news.

Some of the cleanest and hygienic food prep in the world, certainly cleaner than in the west. They have to wear face masks in fast food outlets for example. And a monthly ranking system that has to be publicly visible regulates cleanliness of every single legal food shop. The three rankings are great, mediocre and poor. So you always know where you're eating. Both of these are missing in the west. Ironically, you're the oblivious one.
I think you didn't watch that video of people living there I referred to and you sure have not been to rural areas. I was on a business trip last year to huludao and jinzhou and the spitting is real and the soap thing too. I was in a Sheraton hotel and the toilet in the breakfast area was disgusting and they spittet non stop in front of that hotel while smoking like crazy. But then again call me oblivious.

nush

Keep your China inspired night-scares wet dreams to yourself. We real talkin' right now. Anecdotes are the desperate man's argument.

I can give you evidence of the same trashy food prep environments in any US or Australian eatery then generalize until the end of time based on that. Or maybe you want examples of French restaurants in Paris poisoning customers with bad meat. But those would just be more anecdotes serving an agenda. Given the amount of food eaten and the number of people eating it, you'd think according to your all encompassing generalization that millions would be suffering from food poisoning on a daily basis (they don't). The food standards are very good overall because the faults were recognized and dealt with. Same reason China's construction industry is the safest in the world, despite over 50% of all global construction taking place there. In the past it wasn't, and the problems were dealt with so now workers don't have to die building high rises.
17-original.jpg

If this does turn out to be a very serious pandemic the first sign will be the Chinese propaganda going from "this is well under control, it's far worse in the West and look at how fast these emergency facilities are being built !" to "the spread of this virus is unnaturally fast, it must be a Western backed plot born from their desperation at China becoming so powerful"

keraj37

Is flora dead already?

Flora is fine, but Fauna is dead I am afraid.

There is a video floating around supposedly from a medical staff in Wuhan which seem to claims the number of cases has arleady exceeded 90k and advises people to quarantine themselves. While I am highly skeptical of the credibility, whoever took it has guts since she is either exposing the government's lies or spreading false rumor since people in China sort of vanish after doing such a stunt.

Please post this video or it never happened.

nush

I knew I will regret not learning Chinese one day.
But even as it is, she seems fake.

That's 100% fake, the gear is not a hazmat suit but a mix of things that LOOK like it could be but it's a bunch of store brought stuff put together. But what really gives it away is that is was filmed in someones apartment, the dimensions of that room are not of any business/service building in China. They always have much higher ceilings.

Good point, if true. I honestly have no knowledge about Chinese hygiene.

We hosted a Chinese exchange student when my child was a bit younger, and despite our pleas that he flush his poopy toilette paper, he continued to throw it in the trash can. He was a great kid, but plumbing is obviously an issue there, among other things, I'm sure.

lock2k

Banned
We hosted a Chinese exchange student when my child was a bit younger, and despite our pleas that he flush his poopy toilette paper, he continued to throw it in the trash can. He was a great kid, but plumbing is obviously an issue there, among other things, I'm sure.
Plumbing sucks in Brazil as well. We always have a trash can full of shit paper because of you throw the paper in the toilet it gets clogged like no tomorrow. Nothing to do with hygiene.

Plumbing sucks in Brazil as well. We always have a trash can full of shit paper because of you throw the paper in the toilet it gets clogged like no tomorrow. Nothing to do with hygiene.

No, I understand the plumbing issue. I'm just saying that having a trash can of feces paper isn't exactly the most hygienic thing to have to deal with.

V4skunk

Banned
I wasn't this bad of a poster even when I was below 13 and lying on the bbforum sign-up pages
I post the facts that can be easily researched like justia patents proving the corona virus vaccine was made 5 years ago and funded by Bill Gates. It isn't my fault most people need the tv to tell them what to believe.
So yes a lot of people have low iq.

V4skunk

Banned

You realise the virus was released from a bio research facility in Wuhan? China is communist and so are the globalist elites.

eot

Banned
I post the facts that can be easily researched like justia patents proving the corona virus vaccine was made 5 years ago and funded by Bill Gates. It isn't my fault most people need the tv to tell them what to believe.
It's comforting for the rest of us that your big brain has got it all figured out.

Just FYI though the coronavirus is not one virus, it's a subset of a family of viruses, and SARS was also a coronavirus.

Airbus Jr

Banned
The recent developing story i heard is something like this this...

Coronavirus is a man made virus created in an underground wuhan secret laboratory facility...

It infect numerous lab experiment ( in this case a bat) as part of their trial programme..

A lab experiment somehow manage to escape....

Killed by hunters....sold in market..eaten by random wuhan guy...and now here we are...

Last edited:

TindalosPup

My biggest worry is how long this particular coronavirus can last out of host. There's a lot of packages that get shipped around the world from China

You know there's more than one coronavirus, right? That patent was for the SARS Coronovirus

Last edited:
Meh, still nothing to worry about.

Anyone who has visited the East knows how poor social hygiene is; they cough and sneeze on each other without covering their mouths, fart burp and spit in the streets. It's no wonder viruses spread so fast.

Besides, ebola was meant to be the worst disease EVA11!!1!!1 to hit us and that didn't kill as many as flu does.

It's all panic and needless worry.

lyan

Meh, still nothing to worry about.

Anyone who has visited the East knows how poor social hygiene is; they cough and sneeze on each other without covering their mouths, fart burp and spit in the streets. It's no wonder viruses spread so fast.

Besides, ebola was meant to be the worst disease EVA11!!1!!1 to hit us and that didn't kill as many as flu does.

It's all panic and needless worry.
well ebola is too deadly to spread itself before the host is dead usually. plague inc 101 :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Ma-Yuan

I think everybody who says not to worry doesn't see the significance of china's reaction which to my knowledge is unprecedented.

I mean 56 million people in quarantine, no group travel abroad or within China, public transportation non existant in a wide array of areas. Fever screenings everywhere. Cinemas closed, Starbucks, McDonald's... All closed. No new year celebration.

Also Chinese people are stuck abroad. My wife said 7000 people are stuck in survanabhumi Airport in Bangkok who can't fly back to China because of the quarantine. She is thai so she knows more what's going on there. And it's also the number 1 topic in Thailand right now...

If this isn't something hugely dangerous this reaction makes no sense because China is cripleling its economy which is their no 1 priority always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom