• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chinese scientists give monkeys head

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeioIIDX

They showed that monkey what that mouth do.

3vriOD4.gif

Nosgotham

Well, AIDs have a stigma that they were mostly spread by black people, and sometimes black people are called monkeys by racist people. Unless there is something I'm missing or I'm looking into it too much. Did AIDs really come from monkeys. Sorry if I'm making a big deal out of nothing.

You coming to the conclusion that tje comment was racist was more racist than the comment to be honest. You heard monkey and aids and made a connection to black people. Just saying

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
See thread title....
I see i'm not the only one who think that other thing...
This is MGSV viral marketing right?

I'm surprised no one has reacted to this comment. Isn't this pretty racist?

I know it's been said but TLDR,

HIDS is believe to have originated from the monkey/ape version of the disease (SIDS)
H=Human
S=Simian

It all likely hood it was spread through eating monkey/ape meat, Similar to the recent ebola spread)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_HIV/AIDS#Transmission_from_non-humans_to_humans

http://www.theaidsinstitute.org/node/259

The joke was that someone caught it buy having intercourse with a monkey/ape. It was a play on the obviously double entendre title.

Apart from dying at all of the DK memes, what's the point of head transplants? Outliving your body? Will it act like organ transplant in that the brain and head will get attacked by the body or no?

Krejlooc

Banned
Apart from dying at all of the DK memes, what's the point of head transplants? Outliving your body?

Presumably. This would also, as an example, help us figure out how to cure certain types of paralysis.

Will it act like organ transplant in that the brain and head will get attacked by the body or no?

That's what they are watching to find out.

Krejlooc

Banned
No. From both the fellatio aspect, not the two literal heads aspect.

In order to be able to connect one head to another body, you realize we have to know quite a bit about how our spines are wired up, right? And the things preventing us from putting one head to another body are also the same things preventing us from, say, curing certain types of paralysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom