• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Christina Hendricks as Wonder Woman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I love the turn this thread took, I was expecting 3 pages of the same old "she's fat, no she isn't" routine.

Hendricks as Wonder Woman would be about the only thing to actually see that movie. I'd consider it for Carano or Lawless but its a definite for Hendricks.

Guess Spike and I are the only ones wanting Missy Peregrym then. For shame.

missy-peregrym.jpg

Missy_Peregrym.jpg

missy-peregrym.jpg

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Missy Peregrym and Jessica Biel are suggestions I could support. Missy was FIT in Stick It, good mixture of sexy and strong. Jessica could easily carry the role.

If I could speak openly...yeah, I think Hendricks is a little big for the role. She does a good job at playing the sexy 60s sexpot in Mad Men, but she isn't very athletic looking at all. She has big breasts, and that's about it. Plus I think she might be a bit old for the role. Yeah, most people see Wonder Woman being in her mid 30s/40s. But I honestly can't see a major studio going that route for a film. Somebody in their late 20s will get the role.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Eyeh4wk said:
Jennifer Garner has the physique to play WW
http://gossip.rateometer.com/wp-content/plugins/auto-blogster/images/jennifer-garner2.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I adore Jenny, but curvy she is not. Wonder Woman has to be statuesque, not just fit.

Hence, the Biel.

Eyeh4wk said:
I think she looks too young to play WW.
She just turned twenty-nine according to her bio, the same age as Biel. And assuming Warner can actually get another WW project off the ground in the next couple of years Missy would be... thirty-one, thirty-two by then? That's just about right for WW, and her looking younger than she is would probably help her case as Hollywood tends to cast young where women are concerned -- and it's generally assumed they would want Diana to be younger than traditionally depicted.

EDIT: Lynda Carter was only 25 when she became TV's Wonder Woman.

Chuckpebble

Wow, really enjoying this thread. You know, for the articles...

Anyway, love Christina, but that Carano chick has Wonder Woman locked down tight.

Probably my favorite Power Girl cosplayer yet:

4C7aM.jpg

Her costume still needs work but she just seemed to have the right attitude, and had fun with it.

G-Fex

Yeah Spike I like her too, she makes cute faces

Eyeh4wk said:
Looks like her finger is broken.

edit: also she's wearing a bra.

Well those gloves aren't exactly skin tight. So yeah that's gloves for you.

entremet

Is not like she can't lose weight if needed. Actors lose tons of weight for roles all the time. Top notch trainer plus nutritionist approved meals and they get fit for any role.

It pains me to say this but she's too old (would any day, any hour, any minute though).

Gina Carano seems like the smartest choice if that Soderbergh action flick works out. That or Biel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom