• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Christoph Gans confirms new Silent Hill movie and games are in development

(its in french)

"He says it's in active preproduction: casting is being done as is search for shooting locations.

Konami is excited. He also implies they are working on a game. He says they understood what made the last RE successes (he specifically mentions Re2make) and they want to remind everyone silent hill is a huge horror ip as well."

bitbydeath

images

ParaSeoul

Same thing we've been hearing since 2020. They need to at least reveal one of them,even just a teaser. Just as long as it isn't the Bloober one shown off first.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
It’s very probably Kojima’s Overdose. The leak just sounds too much like Silent Hill for it to be something different - especially with the hint of the cult’s symbol in the title.

Last edited:
dZOeS0u.jpg

Tik-tok-tok-tik-tok.

How many movies are...2 or 3? I just remember the first one and a 3D one. The first one was okay the other one felt low budget/direct to video AF.

The reveal has to be close, this rumors are getting ridiculous, I am getting tired of this bullshit.

Dusk Golem chimes in. On that other forum, he also says the announcements are going to be in 2023.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
tbf the silent hill movies are actually pretty fucking decent especially that first one, it just dripped atmosphere and horror

Gaelyon

Gold Member
Don't tell me that Kojima is doing a Silent Hill new game and it's a X-box exclusive ! What a slap in the face.

The first Silent Hill movie is GREAT, one of the best videogames adaptations imo, the second (3D) is REALLY bad.

Great to see he is back for directing!

Last edited:

Gaelyon

Gold Member
While not perfect the first Silent Hill movie, directed by Christophe Gans, is one of the best vg adaptation. Much better than any RE movie (low bar anyway).
So a new movie is probably good news at least.

While not perfect the first Silent Hill movie, directed by Christophe Gans, is one of the best vg adaptation. Much better than any RE movie (low bar anyway).
So a new movie is probably good news at least.
Silent Hill 2 atmosphere...We will never see that again, in any media. Its a unique experience. An art masterpiece.

But its what u said, he did well, buuuut nothing will match the original work.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Jeremy Irvine (War Horse) and Hannah Emily Anderson (Jigsaw) will lead Return To Silent Hill, which is set to be based on the Silent Hill 2 video game, Deadline reports.

Filming will be underway next month in Germany and Eastern Europe, directed by original Silent Hill director Christophe Gans.

As per the official synopsis, the film will follow James (Irvine), a man broken after being separated from his one true love (Anderson).

“When a mysterious letter calls him back to Silent Hill in search of her, he finds a once-recognizable town transformed by an unknown evil.

“As James descends deeper into the darkness, he encounters terrifying figures both familiar and new and begins to question his own sanity as he struggles to make sense of reality and hold on long enough to save his lost love.”

Director Gans said in a statement: “Return to Silent Hill is a mythological love story about someone so deeply in love, they’re willing to go to hell to save someone.

“I’m delighted to have the wonderful talents of both Jeremy Irvine and Hannah Emily Anderson take us on this journey into a psychological horror world that I hope will both satisfy and surprise fans of Silent Hill.”

Producer Victor Hadida added: “Christophe and I have been working closely with our partners at Konami, as they update the video game, to also create a version of Silent Hill for the theatrical audiences of today.

“You will still find the iconic monsters – but there will also be new designs. We are confident that this new film and Konami’s updated game together will propel the franchise forward for years to come.”

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler

Jeremy Irvine (War Horse) and Hannah Emily Anderson (Jigsaw) will lead Return To Silent Hill, which is set to be based on the Silent Hill 2 video game, Deadline reports.

Filming will be underway next month in Germany and Eastern Europe, directed by original Silent Hill director Christophe Gans.

As per the official synopsis, the film will follow James (Irvine), a man broken after being separated from his one true love (Anderson).

“When a mysterious letter calls him back to Silent Hill in search of her, he finds a once-recognizable town transformed by an unknown evil.

“As James descends deeper into the darkness, he encounters terrifying figures both familiar and new and begins to question his own sanity as he struggles to make sense of reality and hold on long enough to save his lost love.”

Director Gans said in a statement: “Return to Silent Hill is a mythological love story about someone so deeply in love, they’re willing to go to hell to save someone.

“I’m delighted to have the wonderful talents of both Jeremy Irvine and Hannah Emily Anderson take us on this journey into a psychological horror world that I hope will both satisfy and surprise fans of Silent Hill.”

Producer Victor Hadida added: “Christophe and I have been working closely with our partners at Konami, as they update the video game, to also create a version of Silent Hill for the theatrical audiences of today.

“You will still find the iconic monsters – but there will also be new designs. We are confident that this new film and Konami’s updated game together will propel the franchise forward for years to come.”

God I hope so. Big talk. Sounds damned good, though.

Top Bottom