• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Citadel Station will take a “very different form” in System Shock 3.

CuNi

I have a weird urge to play this. Maybe because I was too young to play them when they released and while growing up had to play the classics of that time. Hope this will scratch that itch for system shock and maybe even encourage me to play the originals.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
It's so weird to hear them talking about System Shock 3 when the Remake of 1 isn't even out yet and went through such a hiatus already. And I'm also very puzzled about who even finances their endeavors. Do they even have backing from a big publisher except the meager kickstarter money they got for the Remake?

Really hope this turns out well. SS2 is still one of the best games I've ever played.

Shotpun

I have a weird urge to play this. Maybe because I was too young to play them when they released and while growing up had to play the classics of that time. Hope this will scratch that itch for system shock and maybe even encourage me to play the originals.

SS2 is still very playable today and is still an excellent game, one of my favorites. If you decide to give it a go just patch and mod it up and you are good to go, start here and continue to the modding guide.

The first one is a bit jurassic though, I'd recommend waiting for the remake.

It's so weird to hear them talking about System Shock 3 when the Remake of 1 isn't even out yet and went through such a hiatus already. And I'm also very puzzled about who even finances their endeavors. Do they even have backing from a big publisher except the meager kickstarter money they got for the Remake?

Really hope this turns out well. SS2 is still one of the best games I've ever played.
The remake of the first game and SS3 are being worked on by two different developers. And SS3 is being published by starbreeze. SS Remake is being self-published by the developing team.

Dontero

Banned
Also remake of SS1 is nicely on track after they quit reshaping it into completely new games and focused on actually remaking game purely in graphical/sound fassion with touches to gameplay instead of complete change.

Top Bottom