• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Civilization 6 New Frontier Pass Delivers New DLC Every Two Months

Bullet Club

Banned

Civilization 6 New Frontier Pass Delivers New DLC Every Two Months

The first DLC releases later in May.

Civilization VI will be receiving regular DLC updates with the newly announced New Frontier Pass. This season pass-style add-on will add eight new civilizations, nine new leaders, six new game modes, and more on a bi-monthly basis starting on May 21 through March 2021.

The first DLC to be released as part of the New Frontier Pass will be the Maya & Gran Colombia Pack which adds leaders from the respective civilizations, the new Apocalypse game mode, new City-States, Resources, and Natural Wonders.

The pass comes in at $39.99 USD / £32.99 (Australian pricing not available at time of writing).

Players who pre-order the New Frontier Pass will also receive the Teddy Roosevelt and Catherine de Medici Persona Packs. The Persona Packs re-tools the leaders with a new leader model and background, plus new gameplay bonuses, and an updated agenda. The Persona Packs will be released with the second DLC in July.

Lastly, developer Firaxis announced that there will be free updates between the DLC packs available for everyone, not just players who purchase the New Frontier Pass. Updates will include new maps, scenarios, balance updates, and more.

Check below for the full content roadmap as part of the New Frontier Pass:

iFmhPlA.jpg

Source: IGN

It's nice to see the devs supporting the game still. Small drops of new content work better for a game of this type in my opinion, because one match can last quite some time. By the time you're done with the content, a new pack will be out. I'm not sure about the pricing though. You're paying as much as you would for a full expansion, but this pass doesn't seem to introduce new mechanics the way the actual expansions did. We'll have to see how that works out, since they do mention new resources, buildings and even districts, which could potentially change the way you play significantly. I imagine the corona crisis might have something to do with the chosen delivery method was well.

jaysius

Banned
Civ has really turned into the opposite of what it needs to be to survive in this changing world, bloated with bad features, and now filled with DLC that does little but squeeze the hanging on fans.

We need Civ 7 to be big and different not a roadmap to mediocre content.

zombrex

Hard not to be cynical about this DLC but I can understand why they are doing it.
Some relatively cheap and easy to develop DLC during the pandemic work situation to keep the money flowing.

I also would like to hear the answer to this?

I think it's worth it. The new civs are all very unique and very strong, so they're fun to play. Many of the new optional modes like the secret societies and upcoming heroes add to the game quite a bit. If you like Civ 6, you'll probably have a great time trying out all the new content. My only complaint (and it's a small one) is that all of the leader animations for the new civs are taken directly from characters already in the game. If you're still on the fence, it might be worth waiting for the final packs to release, so you know exactly what you're getting. Personally I'm pretty satisfied so far. The music is fantastic too, as always.

Deanington

Hmm I guess I have all the dlc/passes for this game. Says I played it for 5 hours, I dont even remember launching it. Loved 5, but god damn too much shit to play to even want to attempt 6. Money wasted I guess?

Top Bottom