• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Civilization V System Requirements - Can YOU play the biggest game of 2010?

Dennis

Banned
Civ 5 System Requirements

Minimum:

Operating System: Windows® XP SP3/ Windows® Vista SP2/ Windows® 7
Processor: Dual Core CPU
Memory: 2GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 8 GB Free
DVD-ROM Drive: Required for disc-based installation
Video: 256 MB ATI HD2600 XT or better, 256 MB nVidia 7900 GS or better, or Core i3 or better integrated graphics
Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compatible sound card
DirectX®: DirectX® version 9.0c

Recommended:

Operating System: Windows® Vista SP2/ Windows® 7
Processor: 1.8 GHz Quad Core CPU
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Video: 512 MB ATI 4800 series or better, 512 MB nVidia 9800 series or better
DirectX®: DirectX® version 11

Internet Connection and acceptance of Steam™ Subscriber Agreement required for activation. See www.steampowered.com/agreement for details

My Quad Core wll tear through those AI turns!

WillyFive

It better work.

I usually play PC games at the lowest screen resolution possible, but games like this needs a lot of screen estate.

Xater

Nope, looks like I only make the minimum specs. That's not going to be an enjoyable experience.

Alos Civ 5 is not going to be the biggest game of 2010. It's not even going to be the biggest game on the PC. ;)

Sblargh

Banned
In my experience with running CIVs in "almost" computers is that it starts nicely enough, then as the empire grows, it starts to get slower, by the end of the game, you are finishing your turn and going to the kitchen for a snack.

IlludiumQ36

Sblargh said:
In my experience with running CIVs in "almost" computers is that it starts nicely enough, then as the empire grows, it starts to get slower, by the end of the game, you are finishing your turn and going to the kitchen for a snack.

This is especially true if one is using mods.

Forkball

I surpass the minimum, that's good enough for me.

Also, what the hell is that thing in the bottom screen? Protoss surprise?

dwebo

My poor 8600m GT keeps on chugging along. :lol Can't wait to play on easy and stomp all over primitive armies with those giant mechs.

Dennis

Banned
Its not a Civ game unless you can succesfully destroy enemy tanks with you trusty catapult. It has served for 1500 years, it can serve a few more!

Ezduo

Banned
Oh my god, what are they doing that requires specs like that? Shit, I think I'll be able to run it just barely. Would hate to have to wait out on this until I can get a new computer, I MUST RULE THE WORLD.

Sblargh said:
With Civ 4 I think that could be blamed on memory leaks and whatnot, in addition to that we now have more cores and less active units. I think it's gonna run just fine on pretty much anything.

x3 720 at 3.4ghz and a 5770 should let me run this game ultra smooth.

Can't wait, even if I am a bit skeptical about no religion/corporations. is it also true that diplomacy is gone as well? I remember reading that somewhere but it doesn't seem like it would be something to take out of the game.....

Horns

Woot! I can run it at the recommenced settings. Although I really need to beef up my ram now that I bought Win 7 64 bit, with XP it can't recognize all my ram I have.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I am waaaay over the minimum with everything but the CPU -

Core 2 Quad 2.5 GHz
1 x Intel Q8300

I think I need to replace that.

Gaborn

I can do the minimum day one. Once I get the replacement graphics card for the bad one I was initially sent I'll be able to do the recommended.

Sblargh

Banned
Darkshier said:
x3 720 at 3.4ghz and a 5770 should let me run this game ultra smooth.

Can't wait, even if I am a bit skeptical about no religion/corporations. is it also true that diplomacy is gone as well? I remember reading that somewhere but it doesn't seem like it would be something to take out of the game.....

Nah, diplomacy is in and almost intact. The change is that the AI is more competitive (i.e; is really trying to win the game instead of some weird roleplay), what is gone is tech trading. Instead of trade techs, now you and the other civ both put an X ammount of gold and after X turns of peace between each other, both receive one random tech.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
gtx 295 oc'd
i7 950 oc'd

going to DESTOREY this game and i'm glad it won't try to fry my gpu like that POS starcraft 2

Sober

Hell yes, as long as I empty my hard drive out beforehand (sue me, I have a small 250GB hard drive). Probably won't be able to crank everything to 11, but ah well.

Day 3 probably for this. Only because I'll want to try the demo out, buy it the next day but be too pooped out from classes on Tuesday to even bother installing it. But I have Wednesdays off!

Can't wait for the game. The computer I built for starcraft 2 meets the recommended specs. I only hope that the game doesn't suffer memory leaks like Elemental ( I can never finish a game) despite having a powerful computer.

Sblargh said:
Nah, diplomacy is in and almost intact. The change is that the AI is more competitive (i.e; is really trying to win the game instead of some weird roleplay), what is gone is tech trading. Instead of trade techs, now you and the other civ both put an X ammount of gold and after X turns of peace between each other, both receive one random tech.

Interesting. Can't wait to see how it plays out.

Peace is lame though, Nuclear Gandhi don't play no peace!

Cday

Banned
Darkshier said:

Diplomacy has been enhanced if anything. It has its own freaking engine in fact. City States have taken religions place and promise to be more than just "oh you are christian so I hate you".

DennisK4 said:
Recommended:

Operating System: Windows® Vista SP2/ Windows® 7
Processor: 1.8 GHz Quad Core CPU
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Video: 512 MB ATI 4800 series or better, 512 MB nVidia 9800 series or better
DirectX®: DirectX® version 11

Doesn't look like I can.

Well, at my native resolution, at least.

Top Bottom