• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Classic Sales-Age* FEB-1994 w/ figures: TEH SONIC 3 BOOM!!!

donny2112

Cisco tripled in the 90s. Just go back a couple of years and tell him to sell everything he has to get in on Google's IPO. :p

Pimpbaa

I don't like this 16-bit generation much. The 8-bit generation had better games. Developers these days are too focused on more colors, bigger sprites, and cd quality sound than quality gameplay.

Pimpbaa said:
I don't like this 16-bit generation much. The 8-bit generation had better games. Developers these days are too focused on more colors, bigger sprites, and cd quality sound than quality gameplay.

I don't know I think it's pretty good, I wouldn't mind if we had a SNES-type powered system for the next four-five years, I think the tech can easily last until 1999-2000 or so.

Pimpbaa

GitarooMan said:
I don't know I think it's pretty good, I wouldn't mind if we had a SNES-type powered system for the next four-five years, I think the tech can easily last until 1999-2000 or so.

Good luck with that, with friggin Sega shortening generations by releasing the Genesis so early, well see the Ultra Nintendo Entertainment system (with even bigger sprites and even more colors!) by the end of the year in order to beat out sega (ain't they releasing a new system soon?).

Pimpbaa

rod said:
sonic 3 ROCKS, i cant wait till the franchise goes 3d in the future, sonic+3D=WIN

3D is a fad. 3D graphics are ok for gimmicky crap like star fox and arcade games, but it will never be mainstream.

Auron said:
Why in the world did Sega launch Sonic 3 in February? It would have sold a million in November.

Well, maybe it wasn't complete... remember it wasn't released in Japan until May (we, The West, got it first). Plus Sonic Spinball was released last November so it filled that gap.

DarkCloud said:
The Jaguar is just in a slump. Lack of new releases this early in the year is all.

Well apparently the first-generation SW didn't do much for the JAG (I'd estimate the LTD is only 21,000) since it's only in its fourth month...Do you have a release list of future Jaguar titles that might boost sales? I'm worried Atari may have released another failure.

Square2005 said:
Well apparently the first-generation SW didn't do much for the JAG (I'd estimate the LTD is only 21,000) since it's only in its fourth month...Do you have a release list of future Jaguar titles that might boost sales? I'm worried Atari may have released another failure.

I don't know man, the experts on game magazines have been pretty positive about the Jag, I think it's going to be big!

Edge

3rd party release list:
Edge 2

Upcoming games:
CVG

Jag "Most Likely to Succeed"!
CVG 2

Even if it fails, it's going to at least beat Sony and their silly PS-X system. Just look at that ugly F1 game:
Edge PS-X

It's pretty crazy that Sega went from this to being firmly on the road to their ultimate destruction in about 7-8 months time.

How big was Howard Lincoln taking that trip to the U.K. to check in on a small developer called Rare? Wowza.

Okay so five titles planned to be released in April, right before Easter (Is Easter in April this year?) Maybe April will be the month sales will begin to take off!
5.jpg

But that controller!? Is that gonna be what the controller we'll be using for future next gen 3-D games? It's looks awkward and too big. I don't like it. And $250 is too much for a video game system! Even if it is next gen.

3.jpg

Man, now Sony is making a console...who's next Microsoft :lol!?
No, but seriously, why don't they just remain third party developers for Nintendo & Sega and continue to let the pros make the systems?:)

I think the Sony machine is going to be pretty expensive. They say it's going to be as powerful as 3DO, and Sony devices always cost more than the others... it may even cost more than 3D0!

4.jpg

Nightbringer

Don´t hit me for my bad english plase
HyperZone<3 said:
Even 12 years ago, people were buying too many EA games(granted, they were better at the time, but still).

and why the heck didn't I get a redesigned NES back when it only cost $50?! Ah, whatta idiot I am.

Electronic Arts made their name in the Commodore 64, if you believe that things like Madden were born in consoles you are wrong.

Heh...when people hear Sony, they think walkman... not video games! It might sell well initially in Japan cos they're desperate for 3D software but it's more likely Sega's next gen system will outsell it w/ all of Sega's well known arcade hits bein' ported over (and that's sayin' somethin' considering the Mega Drive's low sales). And who's going to make software for the PS-X after arrogant Sony abandoned Nintendo? It's not like there's any enmity b/w Nintendo and it's Japanese developers:D so they won't ever abandon Nintendo for some Sony gameman!

Edit: I just saw the price...¥50,000!! for the PS-X!? That's like $450!
Pshhh...it's gonna be nothin' but another 3DO:lol.

gimmmick

What does a company that creates walkmans and tvs know anything about video games? Soon your going to tell me owning anything macintosh will make you look cool :lol

Stumpokapow said:
I don't know what you're smoking, dude. Nintendo will be bankrupt WELL before 2000.

WHAT! They'll always have Japan to rely on if they looze America. They're no. 1 in Japan and b/c of all those reliable Japanese ninshins they always will be.:)

Rlan said:
Any chance of answering my question from before on where the data is coming from? :)

If you'd look in my previous threads...
They are 'adjusted'
NPD figures
, you know that company that has a monopoly over compiling sales data for video games and everything else sold in the U.S. with the power to shutdown sites that leak the numbers (i.e. shrine of data). You guys appreciate my charts: many died to make available these figures.:D

ioi

Banned
Square2005 said:
If you'd look in my previous threads...
They are 'adjusted'
NPD figures
, you know that company that has a monopoly over compiling sales data for video games and everything else sold in the U.S. with the power to shutdown sites that leak the numbers (i.e. shrine of data). You guys appreciate my charts: many died to make available these figures.:D

Keep them coming mate!!

Really enjoying them so far, can't wait till the N64 release, Mario 64, MK, Goldeneye, ZELDA!

Christopher

:lol to the people pretending in their posts that these are current figure discussions...you guys are witty...no really you are, witty.

Starfire

Console n3wbies, haevn't any of U played Doom, it's completely new and innovative games liKe that tha t will make PCs the superior hardware in the future! No doubt in the year 2006 you will all be playing Mechwarrior 8!

Square2005 said:
Heh...when people hear Sony, they think walkman... not video games! It might sell well initially in Japan cos they're desperate for 3D software but it's more likely Sega's next gen system will outsell it w/ all of Sega's well known arcade hits bein' ported over (and that's sayin' somethin' considering the Mega Drive's low sales). And who's going to make software for the PS-X after arrogant Sony abandoned Nintendo? It's not like there's any enmity b/w Nintendo and it's Japanese developers:D so they won't ever abandon Nintendo for some Sony gameman!

Edit: I just saw the price...¥50,000!! for the PS-X!? That's like $450!
Pshhh...it's gonna be nothin' but another 3DO:lol.

Actually Nintendo bolted from Sony after Yamauchi found out the terms of the agreement for the CD-ROM addon. Really funny other than that.

Starfire said:
Console n3wbies, haevn't any of U played Doom, it's completely new and innovative games liKe that tha t will make PCs the superior hardware in the future! No doubt in the year 2006 you will all be playing Mechwarrior 8!

Bah, those violent 1st person shoot 'em ups will never be popular.

Biohazard said:
:lol to the people pretending in their posts that these are current figure discussions...you guys are witty...no really you are, witty.

Whatchu talkin bout?

You think you're from the future or something?

And people now complains about videogame prices... How much are $60 of 12 years ago right now? How much was sonic 3 development cost in comparison with Final Fantasy XII??? :lol

that edge article seems to suggest that the psx will be able to run arcade perfect ports, but everyone knows that a home console will never be able to match the quality of an arcade game.

it's just not possible.

Xrenity

SpoonyBard said:
I think the Sony machine is going to be pretty expensive. They say it's going to be as powerful as 3DO, and Sony devices always cost more than the others... it may even cost more than 3D0!

4.jpg
WOW.

Dare I say... PHOTO REALISM? :O :O

i played that Sam and Max... DAMN was it funny.

with games this original backing up the high quality Star Wars games they've started making the last few years I don't see how LucasArts could go wrong.

mark my words, in ten years they'll be just as good if not better.

Jiggy

Vaandaviii said:
And people now complains about videogame prices... How much are $60 of 12 years ago right now? How much was sonic 3 development cost in comparison with Final Fantasy XII??? :lol
We paid $60 without complaint because that was the established precedent. The PS1 and PS2 generations re-conditioned us for $50.

ALright anybody wanna make predictions for next month?

These are the new releases that may appear in the next chart.
March is gonna be a big sports month:

Barkley Shut Up (GEN)
Castlevania Blood (GEN)
Ken Griffey (SNES)
Mega Man 6 (NES)
NBA Action (GEN)
NBA JAM* !! (GEN)
NBA JAM* !! (SNES)
NBA Showdown (GEN)
Star Trek: TNG (GEN)
Tomcat Alley (GEN)
Turn & Burn (SNES)
World Series BB (GEN)

*if you remember how popular this was you should expect HUGE!! sales.

Square2005 said:
NBA JAM* !! (GEN)
NBA JAM* !! (SNES)
*if you remember how popular this was you should expect HUGE!! sales.

Yeah, I remember picking that one up for SNES the month it came out. I wonder what the GEN/SNES split would be on this though (My guess would be 2:1 Genesis or something)

Top Bottom