• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clean the space between your CPU fan and heatsink

Squishy3

I only clean my PC out 2 or 3 times a year and it never looks anywhere near as bad as OP's pictures.

And there are 4 animals in my house. Kind of a miracle, actually.

Skux

How is that rodent pic real... did he die stuck to the fan? So whenever you turn the PC on he's spinning around at 800 RPM?

If my pc can't handle the dust then it's a weak pc, not worthy of my high standards. I expect the CPU to burn the dust away!

Gandie

This was the front filters on my computer when I cleaned it out a few weeks ago. I'd say I probably let it go for a year, maybe less since the last time I cleaned.

Lian Li case? Mine look similar, although I never let them get this bad. Clean it out every 2 months.

Sohaim

Meh could be worse

CWrKEOQ.jpg

mother of god O_O, thats a nightmare o_o

kamspy

PSA part 2:
Set up your case fans so that you have positive air pressure inside the case and filters on every intake fan, then you never need to worry about something like this again.

Help me understand how I can do this with my case.

I have a face at the bottom of the front face acting as an intake, and a fan in hte usual spot in the back at the top, and one of the ceiling of the case, both acting as exhaust.

Is this a good configuration?

inm8num2

It's a good idea to keep a can or two of compressed air handy and clean out the CPU fan/heatsink every now and then. My laptop once was pushing 90 deg C on gaming, but after opening it and blowing the dust out of the blades it was down to the low 70s.

Top Bottom