• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cleveland High School Girls' Basketball Game Results In 108-1 Final Score

Status
Not open for further replies.

entremet

Cbd2i3gWwAA-EMI.jpg

According to Cleveland.com, Northeast Ohio College Prep went 0-for-28 from the field and 1-for-4 from the foul line. Gilmour coach Bob Beutel insisted his team did not deliberately try to run up the score and that he played several junior varsity players starting in the first quarter. "Our intent was to not run anything up, and we took steps to not disrespect our opponent," he said.

http://espn.go.com/espnw/culture/th...-game-results-108-1-final-score?ex_cid=espntw

I'm guessing this sporting association lacks a mercy rule lol.

An assistant principal at my old middle school had a mentality like that when she took over coaching the girls basketball team. She apparently would make them run a mile or two if they let the opponents score. Like score at all.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
ThrowTheDamnTowel.gif

That score is actually a bit amazing. At a certain point they could have just started chucking the ball from half court and probably had better results.

My final football game senior year we lost 66-0 lol. They were a division one school and we were five, so I don't even know why we played them. However, my team sucked anyways, we only won three games the whole season.

Took steps. Sure you did.

You can't score for them, and you're not going to tell your team to intentionally miss shots. At some point, you should still be allowed to play the game of basketball. If they put in the last players on their bench and the other team still couldn't score, I don't know what you do at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom