• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cloud Imperium Games (Star Citizen) now Selling in-game land

Outrun

This is surreal at this point.

Glad I got out with a full refund.

IF CIG pull this off, I will gladly eat crow and join in the fun.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Making 3drealms look like amateurs. Doubt CIG will take the time crown but they've definitely taken the money crown.

GermanZepp

Correct me if i'm wrong. This land you purchase it's a finite space in the game universe right?

I imagine that, i'ts not like GTAV parking and houses that everyone shares the same.

BrettWeir

I just wish they would focus on completing the game mechanics, then create additional items after launch. I would have been fine with a base of 10 ships at start, with them adding a few every 6 or 12 months.

WaterAstro

I just wish they would focus on completing the game mechanics, then create additional items after launch. I would have been fine with a base of 10 ships at start, with them adding a few every 6 or 12 months.

Nah, they are focused on organizing the next convention and marketing trailers. lol

People need to understand that Chris Roberts is just doing this to inflate his ego. He isn't going to finish this product. He's in it for the moment of fame as some retirement fantasy.

ThxObambam

Neo Member
Ive put 5k and dont regret a cent.

My man!

075.jpg

lefty1117

Gold Member
These guys could offer to sell you your own computer and people would buy it

I don't get the blind support after years of development, not a single deadline having been met ... and have you tried 3.0 PTU? Total disaster. I suppose if I was in the game for thousands of dollars I'd feel a need to justify the investment, but at some point it's going to have to be put up or shut up time.

Every time I read an article about a system they're revamping, in an unreleased game mind you, I just shake my head. I'm in it for $65 right now but after trying the PTU 3.0 my confidence in this game is at its lowest so far.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Ive put 5k and dont regret a cent.
Holly fuck!!! I really hope it meets your expectation. The game needs to be greatest thing ever created in media history in order for me to invest even half of that money on it.

BrettWeir

Nah, they are focused on organizing the next convention and marketing trailers. lol

Sad truth :(

And damn........$5k?? I feel hornswaggled by $140.

But then again, I'm $450 into Camelot Unchained, which has also taken a massive amount of time and no date in sight for release.

I'm guessing their 'concept ship sales' aren't enough anymore, now they'll also sell a land that doesn't exist. I wonder what's next in store for Star Citizen suckers? Lootbox pre-orders? Buy one now and you can win a land parcel or an imaginary ship? lol...

CIG will think of something.

Situation is getting sadder and sadder.

Top Bottom