• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNet Unboxing of the new Red iPhone 7 Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
https://youtu.be/1NecJBNozBQ

CNet says it's matte finish, but it is reflective. Of my two screen caps the first is in the box, and still had the wrapper on. 2nd screen cap doesn't.

screenshot_2017-03-21lmsbz.png

screenshot_2017-03-21uqscf.png

Edit: Here is the white front

If only this was available when I picked up an iPhone 7 Plus back in december.

EDIT: Wait the Touch ID ring isn't red too? Come on man.

The white makes it look shit.

seriously wtf were they thinking

might as well just be a red case on a white phone..

edit: unrelated but should I just wait for the iPhone 8 at this point? I'm not dying for a new phone but my iPhone 5 is feeling kinda pitiful these days

I always like my Apple products in black, and black/red is my favorite color combo, but I find the white/red of this phone (and the iPod Touches from the past few years) is something that is very attractive. Got that candy cane vibe or something. Surprised to see all the negative opinions here.

Also the red metallic finish looks much better in person than it does in these pictures. It's not plain matte.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
The white makes its look like Christmas in the worst way. Like candy cane. Black and red would have been mean.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Let's do an unboxing of something you've seen done a million times before, just in a new color.

They gotta make content somehow. :p

That being said stuff like this can be useful because what a phone actually looks like in the real world vs in promo shots can often times be different.

Fades

Banned
I think they probably picked white over black because their (Product)RED iPod Nano from back in the day was red with a white dial. White is generally paired with most RED items...but yeah it does look less than stellar. It looks good otherwise.

They gotta make content somehow. :please

That being said stuff like this can be useful because what a phone actually looks like in the real world vs in promo shots can often times be different.

In full 8k with pro lighting...

I'm just irritated at what passes for content these days.

//DEVIL//

If it was all red it might have been worth buying for collecting purposes . But white front ? No ty its very ugly. I mean even black front will look better to hide the big sides of the phone.

HoodWinked

they need to get this over to the jerryrigeverything guy i wanna see the red metal get scratched up. i'm thinking it will scratch white which will start to look awful.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I'm on the fence really. On the one hand I've wanted a red iPhone (And MacBook) for years but I forgot that they always use white bezels for these products. But I really like the color so much.

I'd probably just get a black one and a (RED) case instead. I dunno. I had a white iPhone and a white iPad for the longest time and never had problems with the bezel so I could probably live with it no problem. But damn a black bezel would look so nice.

Costa Kid

Why do so many iPhones have white at the front? It looks so pre-2012. Black at the front would go so much better with any colour as it would be flush with the screen and sensors, etc.

HardRojo

Red and black with a red ring where the Touch ID sensor is would have been perfect. Still not getting an iPhone 7 though, bring the jack back. I've found myself listening and charging so many times I don't think I could stand the jackless iPhone 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom