• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD: MW3 Community Thread lOTl Has 99 problems but it's still pretty fun!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Have you already made an account and subscribed through the dashboard?

I was fucking around in elite last night and signed up for a few contests.

Seems pretty cool, you can win hoodies and Tshirts and stuff.

Alienshogun said:
Have you already made an account and subscribed through the dashboard?

I was fucking around in elite last night and signed up for a few contests.

Seems pretty cool, you can win hoodies and Tshirts and stuff.
Nothing about making clans on the console app's connect section. Can only search for them. Will try the website again when I get home at 1pm pacific.

X-Frame

bigwinnerx said:
Hoping those in the clan actually like the game. Reading the OT is like a religious war.
I loved it playing last night. I didn't play BLOPS so I don't know of a lot of the criticisms are in comparison to that but from MW2 to MW3 I feel right at home. Excited to go back on tonight to unlock more goodness.

If anyone wants to invite me: Supercharged XF. TDM, KC, Demo, etc. down for whatever.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
bigwinnerx said:
Hoping those in the clan actually like the game. Reading the OT is like a religious war.

The OT is full of trolls, you would think so many people who despise the game would find something else to do.

Site's still down. Gives me a 505 error when I accept the ToS.

Dang it.

Edit - got onto the site somehow but clicking connect brings me back to career. If anyone knows something I don't, please let me know.

I'm loving the shit out of it so far, despite not doing super-well like in MW2 and Blops. So balanced, good god. Netcode + framerate is amazing. This is the smoothest shooter on console bar none, even shitting on MW2. Not sure what they were smoking to get this level of optimization.

Ballistik

Kind of confusing, but should all the conversation about the multiplayer go here? The OT is pretty much filled with multiplayer discussion, which I thought belonged in here, the community thread.

The Xtortionist said:
I'm loving the shit out of it so far, despite not doing super-well like in MW2 and Blops. So balanced, good god. Netcode + framerate is amazing. This is the smoothest shooter on console bar none, even shitting on MW2. Not sure what they were smoking to get this level of optimization.
I don't know, Gears is pretty far up there

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Ballistik said:
Kind of confusing, but should all the conversation about the multiplayer go here? The OT is pretty much filled with multiplayer discussion, which I thought belonged in here, the community thread.

Here would be better if you want to avoid the trolling

aristotle

AnnHog said:
Playing this on the 360, no mic atm.

GT: Mrbraincell

Do you want in the clan or just to play with GAF people? It would be helpful to know. Thanks :)

I believe the list is up to date. Let me know if there are any I'm missing.

kn1ves24

Are we supposed to still add the gamertag MW3 NeoGAF for the 360 or is it something different? I sent a request a day or two ago but haven't been accepted.

I apologize if anybody here sent me a game invite tonight too and I didn't accept. I was already in the middle of a match with some friends of mine so I didn't want to bail. I am whoa-fully bad in this game sometimes but I look forward to playing once elite gets rolling.

Bumhead

Banned
Can I be added to the PC list please? Steam name is OneLove1867.

Not played the game yet but its waiting on my list to be installed, which shall be done this evening. Wouldn't mind some multiplayer action if any Gaffers are up for it, or some Spec Ops/Survival Mode..

I'm on the ps3 version. My psn id is Libra-Man. I play almost all the time in the evenings. If you're looking for a steady reliable party member, add me!

Edit: I also play a lot in the afternoons, too. So, I'm flexible. I'm interested in the PS3 clan too.

Angry Fork

Anybody have a clan that plays Hardcore search and destroy? That's the only mode I'm playing at the moment and want to have that team comradery.

X-Frame

backflip10019 said:
Can't wait for Elite to stop sucking so we can get this 360 clan going!
For serious. I need to play with people this weekend.

Also pro-tip .. don't let your siblings play on your name. My decent 1.5 KDR on Day 1 is now 0.9 after last night. Haha.

Can anyone who pre-ordered from GameStop tell me if anything significant is inside the box (regular edition)? Like XP codes or anything.
I won't get mine in the mail until Saturday and really wanted to start playing tonight after work.
I'm thinking about buying a copy from Wal-Mart and then returning my unopened GameStop copy to Wal-Mart once it arrives.

aristotle

KoreanBarbecue said:
Damn, last night we had a 9-person GAF group playing and it was pretty awesome. And apologies to my team, I'm not that good...yet. :)

As anyone who can attest that has played with me, my kdr sucks. I throw myself into the objective and don't care if I die 10 times. I'll kill that camper at least once though! :D

The only objective I don't act like a fool in is Kill Confirmed though. That would be bad for my team.

kn1ves24

Yeah my KDR is pitiful. The objective is my goal, I don't really care how many times I die getting there. That said I am getting a bit better. Finally getting a feel for the maps and getting some guns I like unlocked.

X-Frame said:

Also pro-tip .. don't let your siblings play on your name. My decent 1.5 KDR on Day 1 is now 0.9 after last night. Haha.
Yikes, that's rough. After averaging around 1.9 on BlOps, my MW3 K/D is around 1.3, though I've only played for a few hours and haven't really learned the maps. Really enjoying the game though. I'm down for playing this weekend with anyone in this thread: GT: backflip10019.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
X-Frame said:

I don't care about KDR in this game or any other anymore. Especially since domination isn't KDR friendly.

I'm getting too old to care. I just wanna have fun. /getoffmylawn

X-Frame

Yeah I don't care either which is why I let him play I just thought the drop after 1 day was funny.

I'm going to add you all from this thread later because I have a strange feeling Elite won't work by this weekend.

PS I'm Supercharged XF.

Risible

Would love to hook up with GAF MW3 PC players. Steam ID is gwchimp. I've been playing team defender and kill confirmed a lot.

rdrr gnr

Played a few rounds today. I absolutely hate view kick. It should be gone by default. It's so laggy on PS3, it's hard to figure if a gun is good or not because it's so inconsistent.

Kill confirmed's spawns are absolutely laughable.

pompidu

Xbox gamertag: ugotnothing22. If anyone would like to add me. Friends list is pretty bare and I'd like to game with some gaffers!

Kaspanova

Neo Member
Love to be in the Xbox 360 Clan please ;)

Gamertag: Earc
CallOfDuty.com Username: iRobotZombie

fyi, i have lost connection to my CallofDuty forum username, support are on it

aristotle

I'm setting up a PS3 Gaf game tonight @ 8pm Central. I will send everyone on my list an invite to the text chat. Depending on how many we get together we'll definitely play some MP games and if it's too much for a full party, we'll have a few custom games just for fun. Or some custom games to warm up and then we'll go rip through the pubs. Sound good?

If I'm not on your friends list, just shoot me a PM on here or a PSN message. My PSN name is in the OP.

Note: You do not have to be in the clan to play with us :) Hope to see alot of you later tonight!

aristotle

I sent invites to everyone not in my friends list already. Check and see if you have a request pending. :)

I'll send out invites to the chat room so we can get together for some clan games in about 2 hours. I hope to see you all there!

hamchan

aristotle said:
I'm setting up a PS3 Gaf game tonight @ 8pm Central. I will send everyone on my list an invite to the text chat. Depending on how many we get together we'll definitely play some MP games and if it's too much for a full party, we'll have a few custom games just for fun. Or some custom games to warm up and then we'll go rip through the pubs. Sound good?

If I'm not on your friends list, just shoot me a PM on here or a PSN message. My PSN name is in the OP.

Note: You do not have to be in the clan to play with us :) Hope to see alot of you later tonight!

I wonder if Australia to USA games are possible.

Top Bottom