• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Code Words you made up when you don't want someone else to know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
Hey so I was thinking at the amusing ways people code their conversation so that listening ears won't know what the subject is about. And it's rarely universal; some cliques come up with the most bizarre ways of keeping shit secret that make overhearing their conversations super hilarious.

Usually the code word is meant to stand in for something illegal, or maybe just cheating on a spouse or something like that.

Share your bizarre coded language and tell us what it means!

An example:

When I was in high school, whenever I wanted to go smoke weed, I'd say "Wanna go play videogames?" We'd make elaborate jokes about the strength of the weed based on platform. "Oh man, that dude's videogame was fucking good! Best N64 title on the market!"

Lame but I was in high school and looking back at it I amuse myself and giggle at the absurdity.

Nowadays, when talking about the sale of painkillers like percocet/oxycotin/vidocin/morphine, we talk in terms of tires.

Percocet/Oxy = Snow Tires
Morphine = Reinforced Snow Tires
Vicodin = Shredded Tires

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Pokemon = cigarettes or weed

I don't know how we came up with that, either, man.

Zeppu

CDs is weed. <-- Awesome because you can tell someone to pick you up a spindle of 50 CDs, or 100 CDs or whateva.
Shiat is also weed.
So is BBQ.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Urgh. Reminds me of when my friends and I used to do something similar, except we'd replace normal activities with extremes.

Getting something to eat - going for an epic wank
Getting to the loo - going to fellate the cat
Going to shop - going to give your mum a good seeing to

What the fuck were we thinking? :lol

Alucrid

Banned
Amir0x said:

Fine. Something to do with my friends mom making us waffles whenever we're over there and another friend having the hots for her.

Oh, looking for UFOs is going to smoke too.

Salaadin

"Breadstick" means that there is cleavage nearby.

While eating at Pizza Hut one day, me and my brother saw some nice cleavage and he said that he wanted to stick his pizza hut breadstick directly into the cleavage and eat it. Thats how that started.

Amir0x

Banned
Alucrid said:
Fine. Something to do with my friends mom making us waffles whenever we're over there and another friend having the hots for her.

Oh, looking for UFOs is going to smoke too.

pics of your friends mom?

mernst23

Minotaur = Coke, and yes we referenced Role Models alot.

"That shit's poison"
"I'm pissing green"
"Stay off drugs, go grab a minotaur"
and so on.

My friend and I tried to start one at work back in high school, we worked at a movie theater. When selling tickets, our GM joked that if any hot chicks came by, that we'd have to call him through the walkie talkie. The code word was Ice Cream, and the flavor represented the color shirt the girl was wearing, mint for green, chocolate for black or brown, you get the idea. We tried to integrate this into our lives outside of work but it didn't really catch on.

PolarDoc22

Neo Member
"That's crazy man"... Someone's coming, hide the weed and the Hammer of Dawn!
Funny because one time I went to the usual spot and people were there, and their lookout guy used my phrase...
So we chilled :D

It's no surprise that most of these have to do with weed, I think we've cornered the market on code, man...

btkadams

in high school:
football -> weed ("wanna go play football?")
discobiscuits -> ecstasy
skiing -> coke
farm animal -> oxycontin

burnco -> this place is lame, let's peace out (for when we meet up with people and we wanna go but don't want them to know we are awkward as hell around them)

Back in high school, my girlfriend at the time and I would use the code "wanna go play some golf" for really meaning "let's go fuck like rabbits"

Askani

We used to always call weed Party Favors.

Also, ever since Superbad, my wife and I point out nice boobs we see in public as Warlocks.

HiResDes

Two of my semi-racist friends would have code words for black people when talking around me, as I'm partially black.

For example:

Kyle might ask Wayne I've never been to that new bowling alley in Brentwood, do they keep the lights on or off.

lights on = having a majority of white people; lights off = having a majority of black people

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
In college me and my friends had a code word for a dumbass kid we hated. If he was coming down the hall and looking to hang out, someone would shout "Gilgamesh!" which meant everyone scatter or look busy.

Somehow he never understood his presence and the word Gilgamesh being shouted.

"Resistance!" meant "Let's steal Trevor's food while he's not in the room"

besada

Banned
A faimly friend, who's married with kids, told me he and his wife call vibrators "rockets" because once upon a time their kid found one and they convinced him it was the cone of a rocket.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
At camp, we used to refer to breasts as "Gavins" because there was an insanely hot camp counselor named Gavin who was totally stacked and we'd stare at her chest all day behind our mirrored sunglasses.

I literally had entire conversations with her looking at her chest. :lol

In retrospect the code word was awful, considering we could never say it in front of her or it'd be so damn obvious what we were saying.

Between a friend and I: Watching a movie in 3D = watching it stoned. Led to some hilarious conversations and miscommunication back in the day. :lol

Raiden

Banned
RubxQub said:
At camp, we used to refer to breasts as "Gavins" because there was an insanely hot camp counselor named Gavin who was totally stacked and we'd stare at her chest all day behind our mirrored sunglasses.

I literally had entire conversations with her looking at her chest. :lol

In retrospect the code word was awful, considering we could never say it in front of her or it'd be so damn obvious what we were saying.

That reminds me to get mirrored sunglasses for this summer.

Thanks man.

Szu

My kid brother used to say "T-E-E, V-E-E" as a code word for television. Granted, he was like 6 at the time.

uraldix

I worked a job in the field for a newspaper and we had radios where everyone could hear what we were saying. We used to make up names for locations so the bosses wouldn't know where we were.

Meet at the Church = I am at home
The place with the cones = At the strip club
Number 5 = White Castle (somehow came from the Yellow #5 dye in Mountain Dew)

Can't remeber the others.

GCQuinton

Back in high school, me and a friend of mine forgot to pick up another friend after telling him we'd pick him up in 45 minutes. We completely forgot about him and never picked him up.

After that, if we were ever hanging out with a group of people and we wanted to ditch them/not pick them up, we'd tell them we were coming back/picking them up in 45 minutes.

harSon

Banned
The only one I can think of is referring to overly obese people as "Sleepers", because their fat cheeks push their eyes closed and their sheer fatness causes them breath extremely hard, almost as if they're snoring.

DRock

has yet to tasted the golden nectar that is tag
ClosingADoor said:
What's with all the weed codewords? Are you afraid the police are listening in on your calls or something.
They are... *shifty eyes*

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
When i refer to sex when talking to my cousin, we call it banana pudding. And with my friends, we would refer to different women by coding them as fast food restaurants. Its pretty lame, but it works

If me and my friends are out in public and we wanna refer to any drug-taking, we always use the code phrase 'Assfucking the nephew' to avoid freaking out any people around us.

My friend and I have code words at parties/bars whenever we want/don't want to get with girls:

Avocado: "This girl is ugly/crazy, get me the fuck away"
Guacamole: "I want to get with this girl, leave us alone"

Alucrid

Banned
Amir0x said:
pics of your friends mom?

:lol if only...

HiResDes said:
Two of my semi-racist friends would have code words for black people when talking around me, as I'm partially black.

For example:

Kyle might ask Wayne I've never been to that new bowling alley in Brentwood, do they keep the lights on or off.

lights on = having a majority of white people; lights off = having a majority of black people

So what if it was an even amount of both black and white people?

Slizz

Gerber baby = gram of weed
yoke = cocaine
drozetti = any amount of weed
partake in the holy sacrament = smoke some weed

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
dylan (from making the band) = really good weed
abu dhabi = really good weed
'going to T' = going to my old college campus
'going to G' = going to my new college campus

ProudClod

Non-existent Member
Weed = Carrots
Alcohol = Orange Juice

"Hey man, do you have any carrots we could eat after class?"

"I slept with a fat chick because of the orange juice you gave me!"

"I could really use some Pokey Stix."

Was code for people smoking out. Mainly because they would order Pokey Stix from Gumby's Pizza (terrible pizza, awesome breadsticks) after smoking and usually ended up smoking out the delivery driver.

In highschool, we used to call these two douchebags that went to school with us "the chinese dentist" and "the indonesian gynecologist". I'll be god damned if I know why, but we got some laughs because of it for whatever reason.

Eventually the one kid caught on and kept asking me through AIM if he was the indonesian gynecologist. I bet I'll never be asked that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom